Fishfiles

Food Channel

That looks good, I'd be out in a tee shirt with that weather.....lol

• Like 2

52 here is like 32 up dare in the Great White North , I got an outside fire going 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

'Led , that Ninja you bought , is it the air fryer style ? I was looking at it , my buddy swears by it .....   

i think it air fries, or something similar, i have to post a picture. was the last one, i just happened to have a pen, so i marked the box sold., an set it somewhere else, on a different shelf, where vacuum cleaners were. was an empty spot, so i took advantage of it. 😁

DSCN2724.JPG

DSCN2723.JPG

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 2

We have the Emeril’s Air Fryer—don’t like it—put it back in the box.

i like my Pit Boss pellet grill and Cook Shack smoker. Smoking a goat leg.

7EBC2385-22C0-422F-9819-26C286F255FB.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i just happened to have a pen, so i marked the box sold., an set it somewhere else, on a different shelf, where vacuum cleaners were. was an empty spot, so i took advantage of it. 😁

i like that! lol. 

• Like 1

"Led , you devil , how can you sleep at night !!!  -----  Oh , wait you don't , eh !!! 

• Haha 2

nope, i dont sleep during the night, i wish i could get back to 1st shift. a night owl by birth i guess. i thought marking the box sold, the last one in the Target Store, at the time, sold, was a grand ideal! i got some grief, from my sis, for having this box in the cart, marked sold, shes kinda, bitchy witchy, i told her i put the "sold" on the box, at checkout. and it was, in my mind. 2 bills, or, c-notes, seemed like a good price., i was in a buying mood, and ya could have near sold me the London Bridge, if i had a place to put it. it would have to be a good deal. an, if i, would have the have the money to be snookered. i hope the Ninja grill works.

i dont sleep at night from a guilty conscious, only during the day. 😁😁😁😁

not really.

Edited by LedFTed

'Ted , thanks for the confession , when and if'ins you go before St Peter at the Pearly Gates and he opens that book of records , I hope your bad ways in the past  doesn't prevent you from coming in and hanging out with us , got a feeling the music and food will be good , maybe there is still hope for you ---   LOL 

• Like 1

the ninja grill makes a good burger.  i put my burger on wheat bread toast, stead of a bun. the usual; maters, onion, lettuce, dill pickle chips, and mustard. it was good. i cant wait to try it for, some other things. it, also can be used to make Jerky.  Welp, i aint getting paid to make a commercial.  see ya..

Edited by LedFTed

Just now, LedFTed said:

the ninja grill makes a good burger.  i put my burger on wheat bread toast, stead of a bun. the usual; maters, onion, lettuce, dill pickle chips, and mustard. it was good. i cant wait to try it for, some other things. it, also can be used to make Jerky.  Welp, i aint getting paid to make a commercial.  see ya..

There is a new lady at the flea market and it involves an air fryer , it is as sad story , so let me start at the beginning , her sister has a booth and she is a friend of mine , well her sister's daughter was a New Orleans Cop for 11 years and shot in the line of duty and killed , she was very depressed and loafed around the house all the time , so her sister told her open a concession stand at the flea market cause the old people left and sucked any way , which she did 3 weekends ago , she cooks almost everything in air fryers , chicken , hot dogs , sausage , sirloin hamburgers , everything I have  ate from her has been really good and cheap , she sells a sirloin hamburger for $3 , with cheese , lettuce , tomatoes , onions and pickles , hot dogs are $2.50 with chili , I told her she is too cheap , she is just doing it to have some thing to do , so everything I stop by I buy something from her and give her a buck tip , I think she is starting to loosen up and laugh , when she first came there she was very sad , she calls her shop The 578 Cafe , I asked why , it is her daughter's badge number 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

her prices are, inexpensive, and worth it. an, so are her tips. Her sister's advice seemed to work, an long as she has customers like you, this helps. I'm afaid for my nieces, all the time. [especially, since their getting to the driving age], aunt or uncle, it still the same, the loss you feel. Takes a while for some, to get over a loss, especially those younger than you, i know, but staying busy helps.    

• Like 2

Bought 100lbs of fresh whole cow hamburger from a local farmer for $4 a lb.  Made 50lbs of of 1/4lb hamburgers and 50 one pound packages then vacuum sealed and froze it.  The quality of the meat is much better than what you can get at the grocery store for about the same price.

Edited by Scotticus
  • Like 4

There is no comparison between a regular hamburger  and one grinded from quality meat  , Port of Call in New Orleans just shut down after being in business since World War II times , they had the best burger in the city -----on the north shore we have the Rusty Pelican , the Triple Nickle and the Blind Tiger  , at the Rusty Pelican a burger plate will cost you $20 , but worth it , all kinds of combinations of exotic burgers  , one has a over easy fried egg , etc which is good , the one with the fried green tomatoes and pimento cheese is another , for sides they give you a lot to pick from , just a few ,  fries , sweet potato fries , baked potato , baked  sweet potato, onion rings are my favorite , great place with all the memorabilia on the walls , looks like a camp ----got me hungry , got to plan a Friday night trip with the wife  

• Like 2

On 10/19/2020 at 6:30 AM, Fishfiles said:

'Ted , thanks for the confession , when and if'ins you go before St Peter at the Pearly Gates and he opens that book of records , I hope your bad ways in the past  doesn't prevent you from coming in and hanging out with us , got a feeling the music and food will be good , maybe there is still hope for you ---   LOL 

My ways are not oft understood. i will be welcome. you have to enter, with an open mind. music and food would be grand, as long as their is verity, an variety.

i cant imagine a heaven, when all ya do is sing, phrases to God.

i get bored hearing top 150. imagine an eternity of this;  or

what, if it was it the was the top song, over an over? ya either do this, or, face the fiery pit?

Millions of souls, kissing your feet, hands. I'd be yuk, leave me alone, i have to make another universe.

i'm busy. go bother someone else. while ya can, create, learn the difference, create/destroy/maybe improve.

the end.

Edited by LedFTed

On 10/17/2020 at 7:18 AM, Fishfiles said:

Old School New Orleans Red Beans:

Onions , garlic , bell pepper , celery , Rotell tomatoes and chilis , pickle meat , Double D sausage , soaked the dry beans over night in water , boiling on high for a couple of hours , throwing everything else in and simmering for 3 hours , mix in a can of Blue Runner red beans right at the end to give it that creamy consistency --- pork chops is the meat on the grill  ---Coors Lite , Green Apple Crown and Cinnamon MoonShine , come on down 

Coldest day so far this year for use , it is starting off at 52 degrees this morning , 70 at noon and 75 at 5 o'clock , going riding and going to have to wear my waders today , almost long john weather for me 

lV+IwhfrSo204SE4XoSeLQ.jpg

judG8MI3TZKPboTB5Nt9og.jpg

Looks pretty good.  I'm sure you coon a$$es probably would shout blasphemy on my Arkiesaw way of doing this, but I use a Zatarans Black Beans and Rice box as a base.

Add sausage, onion, peppers (usually bell, jalapeno, and chili), garlic powder, more black beans, more rice, some okra if I have it (great thickener).

Let that stuff cook for awhile, and man does it stick to the ribs.  I made a huge pot of it one time before a ride and I bet @basfnb ate a gallon of it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Looks pretty good.  I'm sure you coon a$$es probably would shout blasphemy on my Arkiesaw way of doing this, but I use a Zatarans Black Beans and Rice box as a base.

Add sausage, onion, peppers (usually bell, jalapeno, and chili), garlic powder, more black beans, more rice, some okra if I have it (great thickener).

Let that stuff cook for awhile, and man does it stick to the ribs.  I made a huge pot of it one time before a ride and I bet @basfnb ate a gallon of it.

That sounds good , never did try okra or chili  in beans before , I like okra and chili , so it should work for me , okra is slimy though  curious how that will work out , think I am going to try it  >>>>   I had two packs of Camelia black beans in my hand out the pantry when I switched to red beans at the last second on that last pot full , might try them black beans with some okra next go round   

I have seen the Zatarains black beans in the box before at the store 

10 hours ago, LedFTed said:

My ways are not oft understood. i will be welcome. you have to enter, with an open mind. music and food would be grand, as long as their is verity, an variety.

i cant imagine a heaven, when all ya do is sing, phrases to God.

i get bored hearing top 150. imagine an eternity of this;  or

what, if it was it the was the top song, over an over? ya either do this, or, face the fiery pit?

Millions of souls, kissing your feet, hands. I'd be yuk, leave me alone, i have to make another universe.

i'm busy. go bother someone else. while ya can, create, learn the difference, create/destroy/maybe improve.

the end.

Hmmmmm !  

Ever listen to the sound track from Jesus Christ Superstar , I got a story about that album , I bought it , double album set , got home opened it up and their were 2 of the same records , side 3 and 4s , no 1 and 2 , and the guy at Sound City gave me a hard time taking it back , said  I was trying to pull something over on him , wait till St Peter gets him , LOL 

15 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

That sounds good , never did try okra or chili  in beans before , I like okra and chili , so it should work for me , okra is slimy though  curious how that will work out , think I am going to try it  >>>>   I had two packs of Camelia black beans in my hand out the pantry when I switched to red beans at the last second on that last pot full , might try them black beans with some okra next go round   

I have seen the Zatarains black beans in the box before at the store 

Just to clarify, that's chili PEPPERs.  The long skinny red ones.  Along with bell peppers, and jalapeno peppers. 

But yeah, the okra is a little slimy, but it tastes good with all that other stuff.  With all the peppers in there I sweat when I eat it.

And for some reason the Zatarans black bean and rice stuff disappeared off the shelves around here.  I had to order a case of it online.  Wasn't cheap that way either.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Just to clarify, that's chili PEPPERs.  The long skinny red ones.  Along with bell peppers, and jalapeno peppers. 

But yeah, the okra is a little slimy, but it tastes good with all that other stuff.  With all the peppers in there I sweat when I eat it.

And for some reason the Zatarans black bean and rice stuff disappeared off the shelves around here.  I had to order a case of it online.  Wasn't cheap that way either.

I am set  on the black beans and okra for tomorrow , going to put a little twist to your recipe but going to stay close , instead of chili peppers going with the rotel tomatoes and chile peppers ,  going to cut and then boil the okra in just a tad of crayfish boil , then pour off the excess slime , for meat I am going with pickled pork meat and some Italian sausage out of the casing and broken into ground meat , going to call them Black Mexican Cowboy Beans 

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I am set  on the black beans and okra for tomorrow , going to put a little twist to your recipe but going to stay close , instead of chili peppers going with the rotel tomatoes and chile peppers ,  going to cut and then boil the okra in just a tad of crayfish boil , then pour off the excess slime , for meat I am going with pickled pork meat and some Italian sausage out of the casing and broken into ground meat , going to call them Black Mexican Cowboy Beans 

AH, I forgot the tomatoes.  Yeah I normally put in a can of petite diced tomatoes  Rotel will be real good.

Let me know how it is with that meat.  I normally just slice some kielbasa and put in there.   Maybe some diced ham if I have leftovers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

AH, I forgot the tomatoes.  Yeah I normally put in a can of petite diced tomatoes  Rotel will be real good.

Let me know how it is with that meat.  I normally just slice some kielbasa and put in there.   Maybe some diced ham if I have leftovers.

Do you know about pickle meat up there , what I call pickle meat  really isn't " pickled meat ", it is spare rib tips , we use it without it being actually pickled , it is good pickled , but better not to me 

• Like 1

On October 22, 2020 at 9:07 AM, jeepwm69 said:

sounds great, I've made something close .... just never used fresh  peppers , but i did add mex rotel ... the hint of lime, and cilantro, tadds a nice twist to thr flavor, the okra added sounds great, do you use sweet, yellow, or red onions ? 

15 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

sounds great, I've made something close .... just never used fresh  peppers , but i did add mex rotel ... the hint of lime, and cilantro, tadds a nice twist to thr flavor, the okra added sounds great, do you use sweet, yellow, or red onions ? 

I use yellow. 

• Thanks 1

thanks jeep i was never too much on yellow onions ... the last i made i used sweet onions, and used diced potatoes ... in place of the rice ... but when i make it Cajun style ... shrimp, and salmon, brown rice.  black beans, okra, hot rotel, Cajun spice, and red onions ... 

4 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thanks jeep i was never too much on yellow onions ... the last i made i used sweet onions, and used diced potatoes ... in place of the rice ... but when i make it Cajun style ... shrimp, and salmon, brown rice.  black beans, okra, hot rotel, Cajun spice, and red onions ... 

I never met an onion I didn't like.

• Haha 1