Fishfiles

Food Channel

oh, you would love my grandmothers home made potato salad.... talk about strong... lol, it was great, but very strong, i make close to the same, but i use more mustard... 

I like all the colored onions , maybe the purple onions the best , lots of times when cooking I will grab one of each as I always put a lot of onions and  have bags of different colored onions in the fridge ----  something that is very tasty but are hard to come by is garlic onions , from what I have been told by my buddy who's dad farmed onions , his brother in law still does , a garlic is an onion before it becomes a garlic , it's like a two year crop , so you get the juvenile garlic is what it amounts to , he has given them to me before and they are great 

i use more colored onions, plus  sweet then any, can't say I've ever heard of a garlic onion.... they must be indeed rare, I've have to look into those. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i use more colored onions, plus  sweet then any, can't say I've ever heard of a garlic onion.... they must be indeed rare, I've have to look into those. 

from what I get  , the farmer don't really want to sell them as onions , they yield more when they go multi-toed and become a garlic on the second year , they garlic guy will be here tomorrow , I can get the scoop 

yeah.... i can see his thinking, produce more = equals more $$$ wow ... i never knew garlic took that long to mature. the garlic cloves here have dropped in quality over this food shipping issue due to covid, anyways.... thanks let me know what the deal is. 

I was looking for a you-tube video , which they have a lot on garlic growing but all are a one year crop , my buddy talks about a two year crop , his dad was tied in to LSU Agricultural and he was growing exotic and hybrid varieties  --- he brings some over some garlic that are purple , small and hard stem , they look like a tooties pop , they are potent , will bring a tear to your eye if eaten raw , I love them ---   then he brings elephant garlic , one clove is like a 1/2 a pound 

bring a tear to the eye , makes me think about Horseradish , love that stuff , crispy fried fish or shrimp , with ketchup , horseradish , lemon juice , Lea and Perrins and a small dip of yellow mustard 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 7:02 PM, Fishfiles said:

Hmmmmm !  

Ever listen to the sound track from Jesus Christ Superstar , I got a story about that album , I bought it , double album set , got home opened it up and their were 2 of the same records , side 3 and 4s , no 1 and 2 , and the guy at Sound City gave me a hard time taking it back , said  I was trying to pull something over on him , wait till St Peter gets him , LOL 

never bought that album, but i'm sure there is a place, for salesmen. specialty, used car salesmen. they,

those at a Dealer, can talk with a forked tongue also.

Edited by LedFTed

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I was looking for a you-tube video , which they have a lot on garlic growing but all are a one year crop , my buddy talks about a two year crop , his dad was tied in to LSU Agricultural and he was growing exotic and hybrid varieties  --- he brings some over some garlic that are purple , small and hard stem , they look like a tooties pop , they are potent , will bring a tear to your eye if eaten raw , I love them ---   then he brings elephant garlic , one clove is like a 1/2 a pound 

bring a tear to the eye , makes me think about Horseradish , love that stuff , crispy fried fish or shrimp , with ketchup , horseradish , lemon juice , Lea and Perrins and a small dip of yellow mustard 

sounds like those would great pickled ... along with jalapeño, banana, peppers, and carrots. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 6:50 PM, Scotticus said:

Bought 100lbs of fresh whole cow hamburger from a local farmer for $4 a lb.  Made 50lbs of of 1/4lb hamburgers and 50 one pound packages then vacuum sealed and froze it.  The quality of the meat is much better than what you can get at the grocery store for about the same price.

Makes you wonder what the local stores are doing wrong. fish sold from china, vegetables, sold from outside the us.

Just stuffs, to fill ya up. not of the quality, you would expect., i hope those up north, have better sense, or resources.

well; just about time for a poll; that grown close to home, or, in a different country; hope it wont be political;

i prefer the fish i catch local, though, it take's some time to catch them, it's well worth it, an the local game.. 

it has some flavor, v/s the overseas stuff sold. an red squirrel is bigger than gray, ain't much harder than a gray to clean, taste the same, only better.

young deer taste better than old ones. the channel cats, are friendly to the taste buds, the old okra seeds sold, are way better than the ones sold now. IMO.

Love to get some of those., the old okra seed's. hate the china version, or the improved version. more of less. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

makes me think about Horseradish , love that stuff , crispy fried fish or shrimp , with ketchup , horseradish , lemon juice , Lea and Perrins and a small dip of yellow mustard 

i think we've talked about this before back in the old forums,.... i made some home made Freddy's fry sauce 

http://www.mamaplusone.com/just-like-freddys-fry-sauce-and-seasoning/

and boars head has a great selection of sauces ... including horse radish ... among others ... that mixture you posted sounds very tasty! 

• Like 1

My buddies Mo's wife is originally  from Hattisberg , Miss.  she cooks up some pretty good and different things , horseradish made me thing of her cole slaw , no mayo , oil and vinegar with horseradish , white raisins  and what ever else she puts in there , she is going to be here today will have to ask her what all she puts in there , it is good stuff and got a kick to it  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

sounds like those would great pickled ... along with jalapeño, banana, peppers, and carrots. 

Pickled bananas ??? WOW !!! 

Jeep's Black Mexican Cajun Cowboy Beans 

Garlic , onions , celery , green peppers , jalepeono pepper, Rotel chili fixings ( first time for me )  , spicy chili powder ,  ground sausage , pickle eat , boiled then de-limed okra , Lea and Perrins , Chahoula sauce , Cajun /Mexican seasoning mix , Camelia Black beans 

Cooking the beans in the Ninja crock pot till soft , cooking the seasonings and meat in the pot on the stove , then marry to two and simmer from there 

Hope it is good 

fullsizeoutput_d67.jpeg

kTRjD5RZSASoIglApUZLzw.jpg

PHI6B%3fQ+ONCFzgSAZiUg.jpg

QzHTPaCrTRGcVrbdBul2%w.jpg

fullsizeoutput_d66.jpeg

HJ7hYZs0TbaAmnwiuvmB8g.jpg

• Like 1

Great day for Elk stew, 3 lbs of meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, tomato paste, garlic, and balsamic vinegar. Wife started it this morning, will simmer for a couple hours then sit. Reheating this afternoon will cause it to have a nice thick gravy and should be great with some nice thick buttered bread. A little less kick than your dish and a little more of a comfort food😁

20201024_084446.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 2

FF , looking good , too bad we don't have " sniff " technology yet on the net  , we could share sniffs   --------   I like that pot 

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Pickled bananas ??? WOW !!! 

banana peppers, fish.... lol.... my bad for not being more descriptive .. your pic pickled pork.... that's a new one, I've heard of pickled pigs feet (never had any) and the 1st i tried a pickled egg... well... it's uh.... defrent . 

id enjoy hearing what all she puts in her slaw. 

the soup,,and stew look very tasty guys. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 10:41 AM, Fishfiles said:

What do you eat at your riding parties or tailgating ? 

Being tomorrow is Thanksgiving , I been doing some cooking in preparation , just finished a pot of Gumbo , shrimp , lump crab meat , oysters , sausage and shredded chicken breast  ----a pan of oyster dressing that I kicked up with oysters , small cut shrimp chunks and crab meat , going to put that pan in a baking pan , bread crumbs sprinkled on top and some lemon slices  then in the oven for 1/2 hour ----  oven cooked turkey breast , crock pot pork roast and gravy , mash potatoes , candied yams , dinner rolls  ---- Saints play at 7:30 Thanksgiving night , I  hope to not be knocked out on the sofa by then , cause the tops will be spinning off them Coors Lite bottles at 10:00am or so 

fullsizeoutput_ad9.jpeg

Looks amazing bro!!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Jeep's Black Mexican Cajun Cowboy Beans 

Garlic , onions , celery , green peppers , jalepeono pepper, Rotel chili fixings ( first time for me )  , spicy chili powder ,  ground sausage , pickle eat , boiled then de-limed okra , Lea and Perrins , Chahoula sauce , Cajun /Mexican seasoning mix , Camelia Black beans 

Cooking the beans in the Ninja crock pot till soft , cooking the seasonings and meat in the pot on the stove , then marry to two and simmer from there 

Hope it is good 

fullsizeoutput_d67.jpeg

kTRjD5RZSASoIglApUZLzw.jpg

PHI6B%3fQ+ONCFzgSAZiUg.jpg

QzHTPaCrTRGcVrbdBul2%w.jpg

fullsizeoutput_d66.jpeg

HJ7hYZs0TbaAmnwiuvmB8g.jpg

You added a lot there I hadn’t thought about. But that said....

C8A9E12C-9A0B-4B64-8FA7-74D7BE3769FC.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

You added a lot there I hadn’t thought about. But that said....

C8A9E12C-9A0B-4B64-8FA7-74D7BE3769FC.jpeg

It was a hit , everyone said they liked it , have some left over , got people coming over tomorrow and I am going to try it out on them ------ it had a kick , but not too hot 

12 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

green peppers , jalepeono pepper, Rotel chili fixings ( first time for me )  , spicy chili powder

i figured it would have been a tad on the spicey side with all those ingredients, but sure does sound good. 

• Like 1

Looks like dark chili , wife cooked some rice , tried it with and without rice , good either way ----

I did learn some thing new , they put peanut butter all over  the chicken , then sprinkled it with chili powder , it is very good , I am not even a fam of peanut butter , but you really don't taste it as peanut butter , 

fullsizeoutput_d68.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d6c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d69.jpeg

• Like 1

Yesterday was a day to be different.  My buddies wife did some homemade jalapeños.  Sausage , sour cream and instead of wrapping them in bacon and grilling them.  Laid a strip of bacon over the top.  Put them in the oven and never flipped them.  Those came out very good and very neat. I had bought a dozen Premade bacon wrapped stuffed poppers for yesterday and didn’t cook them.  Going to cook them in the oven today and see how that comes out.  No pic of them poppers.  

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Looks like dark chili , wife cooked some rice , tried it with and without rice , good either way ----

I did learn some thing new , they put peanut butter all over  the chicken , then sprinkled it with chili powder , it is very good , I am not even a fam of peanut butter , but you really don't taste it as peanut butter , 

fullsizeoutput_d68.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d6c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d69.jpeg

Yeah I put rice in mine, no chili powder, no celery.

That actually looks like it would be better than mine, since mines ultimately just a box meal with some stuff added.

Definitely sticks to you bones!

2 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Yeah I put rice in mine, no chili powder, no celery.

That actually looks like it would be better than mine, since mines ultimately just a box meal with some stuff added.

Definitely sticks to you bones!

I got to say them black beans was  a good one you put me on there and a hit ----

I cooked them suckers for 5 hours , was expecting a little more creamy gravy  in them , like red beans do , didn't mention this , I added a can of Cambell's Cream of roasted garlic for cooking , the thick stuff  , could have gone with two cans , maybe I could have mashed a few 

Today the wife is cooking two pans of lasagna , garlic bread and salad , she is on it now ,  I got to say that is the wife's best signature dinner , she follows recipes word for word -----  I am more like wing it , little of this and a lot of that ------   I am going to do a dozen  poppers in the oven for an appetizer 

celery does give food a little taste , I really like it more for the chew 

• Like 1