Fishfiles

Food Channel

File Seafood Gumbo , shrimp , crab meat , shrimp and pork sausage , okra  etc , etc ---wonder if my Mom would be mad at me for not making my own roux and using the Blue runner  ready to go base , it is good stuff !!!  oh , 1/2 them shrimp and crab meat went in to the militon

4HH8MNAUTxqxjD0+aKrJ0w.jpg

dgm8MlwhQDu6BjINR0V4dg.jpg

i0hJu649Qcumvy6G1XuTMg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_dbb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_db7.jpeg

Mbkd2OR+QGyFSk2sMenVtg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_db4.jpeg

Militon squash casserole  , shrimp , crab meat , 2 x cheeses , onions , garlic , bell peppers , celery , parsley , green onions , cream of mushroom condensed soup , stale bread , bread crumbs , butter , etc , etc , then in the oven covered with bread crumbs and cheeses 

PqQoUcyNS%S2v03Ba9QDnA.jpg

sbaNP8xRTjmIhBufxsq73w.jpg

sheLyTUJTMm%Pfeq1bozbw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_db0.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sled_22 said:

Picture says it all

3418D0D1-6A30-4CE3-AB7A-03ABE5F5AEE1.jpeg

Sled, what you got going on there , with that seasoned  butter thing ???  Peanut butter ?? 

One good thing about Gumbo , is you can add to it after the fact  ---- got a bunch of turkey dark pieces left over , everyone went white meat , them dark meat chunks  will go into the Gumbo and tomorrow at the Thanksgiving after party it will get destroyed I am sure ---- I like to put oyster in the Gumbo but they were sky high $ here in Slidell this year , $38 for 4 dozen , I should have prepped and got them from my oyster fishing buddy ---- the owner of a company I do work for was telling me , he went to P&J Oyster and got 1,500 oysters for a 100+ people party they had for Thanksgiving , WOW , that is a lot of oysters and money , he said charbroiled was how they were doing them , don't get no better than that 

I never did talk much about the militon stuffing , you can use that same recipe for any squash , egg plant is really good and my second favorite , also substitute any meat , sometimes my Mom would use ham or ground meat , my favorite is shrimp and on special occasions add in crab meat 

squash stuffing , you cook down the regular veggies , then add stale  bread soaked in water then squeeze the  water out , preferably french bread , but slice bread with the ends cut off works fine , add some condensed soap for cooking of your choice , bread crumbs , good butter , and your meat of choice , cook about 15 minutes on low and mix it all up , put it in a casserole dish , sprinkle bread crumbs and grated cheeses on top and throw it in the oven on about 300 for 30 minutes  , sa'see'bon 

On 11/26/2020 at 11:30 AM, Fishfiles said:

Sled, what you got going on there , with that seasoned  butter thing ???  Peanut butter ?? 

Ohh it was garlic butter with fresh rosemary thyme and sage. Smeared both inside and outside the Turkey skin. 

• Like 2

Yesterday I broke out smoke alligator sausage , had two types , one was a large diameter and long link and the other was a breakfest size link , man is that stuff good , especially the little links , we think they put sage in it , or something that has a very unique taste , a little bit chewy , but very juicy ---- done a con'coc'tion I am calling Cowboy 'Tators , 15 pounds of bacon ,and seasonings fried down , then two beer ,well one and half and drank the other half as the pan wouldn't hold it , cooked the potatoes till the beer was gone , added a stick of butter and covered it all with cheddar cheese ---pecan pie with ice cream and chocolate syrup for dessert ---eating like a king 

I got bags of alligator meat , some tail and some back strap , been asking around for the best ways to cook it , was told to boil it first in some crab boil seasoning then bread crumb it and deep fry it ----and some say stew it ---or put it on a 'kabob 

on the menu today red beans and boneless baby back ribs , getting ready to start cooking right now 

fullsizeoutput_dd5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_dd4.jpeg

• Like 1

26 minutes later and there is  a crock pot full of Ray Beans  in the pot for a 5 hour cook down  , don't tell anyone , but I cut up a pack of alligator sausage and threw it in there instead of pork sausage  , I want to see some reactions before and after eating it , especially from my wife , I guarantee she is going to love them beans till I tell her bout the gator , then they are going to be just OK 

Land owners down here get one tag for one alligator for every 1,000 acres they own , buddy's family I got the gator meat from owns 13,000 acres 

Had a nice fire yesterday , was right at 60 degrees but I little nippy for me , got to go and split some more wood this morning for today 

fullsizeoutput_dd7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_dd8.jpeg

• Like 2

I totally forgot to tell my wife she ate gator beans , she loved them yesterday , we are having left overs tonight , thinking about springing  it on her , after dinner , if I do I  bet she won't take none to work for lunch !!!! 

• Haha 2

fish, i wouldn't tell her sence she liked it so much, at least till you've fix this dish a few times, then maybe the shock won't be what you think it would be, besides, you've played a few jokes on her before, eh ? you might never know what she might do for payback! lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

What are gator beans?🤔

Red Beans with alligator sausage 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

fish, i wouldn't tell her sence she liked it so much, at least till you've fix this dish a few times, then maybe the shock won't be what you think it would be, besides, you've played a few jokes on her before, eh ? you might never know what she might do for payback! lol. 

She had a hard day , so I didn't tell her , she made up lunch for tomorrow and has some gator beans in there ----   LOL 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Id try it!

I'll mail you'll a couple of bowls , LOL 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

It took a long time to get her to eat deer , and it was trickery to get her to do that , but now she will eat it ---- she isn't much on playing jokes and catching back , thank goodness 

• Haha 1

I'd try it, i vote fish the chef of the forums, fish you recall bullfoot from the old forums ? he was Purdy good to, I've tried to get holt of him, no dice tho. 

• Like 1

I just thought about  what I am going to cook this Saturday  ,  Alligator Jambalaya !!!! 

Got about 8 -  2 gallon zip locks of meat , so I have to start eating it up  

• Like 2

you got a good one, thank goodness, i still think about being shaved bald (both head, and goatee) and dyed pink, lol, but we were both at fault, she looked like a smurf, real nice color of blue..... i thought it was a nice dye job, eh, it didn't take so well... lol, thank goodness she didnt do a bobbitt trim, haha! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'd try it, i vote fish the chef of the forums, fish you recall bullfoot from the old forums ? he was Purdy good to, I've tried to get holt of him, no dice tho. 

I need to stop over there and review a few recipes , running out of things to cook ----

I was over there this morning , I directed  a couple of people over here , one was looking for BCSman from a 2018 thread  , he needed help putting his transmission in his 450ES back together , I sent him to the "ES" special guy 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I directed  a couple of people over here

good deal! yeah, that food thread is a great thread, plus,  i have a few of the old threads from there saved in book marks. 

• Like 1

Hey Wilson , Looking back in that old thread , you were posting up lots of good looking food back then , kabobs and seen your stuffed green bell peppers -----wonder about Larry 

• Like 1

Let sleeping dogs lie Fish.  If you tell her she'll start scrutinizing every thing you cook. 

• Like 1