Fishfiles

Food Channel

Today nothing special on the menu , made some  jambalaya with shrimp and andouille and I knd of over done it on the heat , not bothering me , but sure I am going to here stuff like I can't feel my lips , LOL ----   grillin'  two kinds of sausage , both deer/pork  50% mixed flavored in Cajun and Italian and some double cooked ribs , 2 hours i the oven @250 then onto the grill for a sizzling and glazing finish , have not decided on Sweet Baby Ray's or my new like , Cattleman's St Louis , either way I am talking YUM  on them ribs 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Today nothing special on the menu , made some  jambalaya with shrimp and andouille and I knd of over done it on the heat , not bothering me , but sure I am going to here stuff like I can't feel my lips , LOL ----   grillin'  two kinds of sausage , both deer/pork  50% mixed flavored in Cajun and Italian and some double cooked ribs , 2 hours i the oven @250 then onto the grill for a sizzling and glazing finish , have not decided on Sweet Baby Ray's or my new like , Cattleman's St Louis , either way I am talking YUM  on them ribs 

First thing I look for in BBQ is 'does it have High Fructose Corn Syrup' in it. If it does. I put it back. 

On a side note, currently researching airfare to your little corner of the world as the food sounds phenomenol.

• Like 1

On the menu today Dago Western Spaghetti

My wife's favorite is meatballs and sauce , so I am going to put a twist on regular sauce and make them kind like Cowboy beans   , adding in some spicy chili powder , Rotel tomatoes , Chahoula sauce , Sweet Mexican seasoning mix , spicy meatballs , Italian sausage , ground meat and some ground alligator , LOL on the gator , my wife would kill me , but I do really want to do it 

Take note of that second pic , cooked down pic of them seasonings for the base , about to add the meat then the  sauce  , I like to bet , I could put the south end of a north bound possum in there and you would love it , long as you didn't know 

fullsizeoutput_e15.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_e19.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

ground meat and some ground alligator , LOL on the gator , my wife would kill me , but I do really want to do it 

looks good! eh, what she don't know want hurt her, just don't tell her this time, lol! 

• Like 1

Last nite I made my deer steak sandwiches. I take a smokie bun, butter it, put Garlic Plus or powder on it, toast the bun, add good sliced cheese before it’s done so it melts, then heat & add the steak mixture. Medium rare is my favourite!

99B80A52-95F7-4BA4-802B-5B67CDCF291B.jpeg

97F982A2-6567-49DC-83B4-84A45831DEE6.jpeg

CF326604-D2F0-4FEA-979C-D349312BA718.jpeg

EFAC4CD7-9A8B-4F1B-98DF-0B5880763756.jpeg

03B13719-9FBE-4CC1-B879-5197694A9963.jpeg

9A345CE9-76A7-40EB-8C5E-C681D98CC58D.jpeg

EAFA3ABF-61AA-4437-896E-C17A21095383.jpeg

4BAD20C9-5546-40FD-89AD-3A899D19DA2D.jpeg

F51CEC38-7384-481B-A4C0-69DA7B958382.jpeg

• Like 2

Just made up a batch of Elk spaghetti sauce. Got the recipe from Broken Arrow Ranch. It’s sooo darn good! Seriously the best I’ve ever had.  

53245E83-25E6-4728-940B-1545CB9C3815.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 2

Looks good !

That deer meat is very red , did you ever try soaking it in milk for a couple of days in the refrigerator ---- seems to  take the red out 

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Looks good !

That deer meat is very red , did you ever try soaking it in milk for a couple of days in the refrigerator ---- seems to  take the red out 

Thanks! I’ve perfected a lot of my game recipes. I have never done that Fish.. may I ask why one would want to do that?

Edited by Wheeler

i always heard hunters here say soak it in white viniger to remove the game taste, and tenderize the meat, that or buttermilk. but that sure do look tasty! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Thanks! I’ve perfected a lot of my game recipes. I have never done that Fish.. may I ask why one would want to do that?

I guess it is different down here , we try to have the meat not bloody an tender ,  first step is to get a clean kill shot , drop them stoned dead , I have always heard that deer don't have veins and the blood pumps thru the meat , so  a shot that doesn't drop them and they run  , not only pumps blood thru the meat but also makes the meat tuffer from  the deer's muscles  tensioning when running after being shot --- then after the meat is  butchered , we will let it soak in a  ice chest of ice an water to de-blood it , then before cooking soak it in milk , unless it is going to be ground for sausage 

• Like 2

I’ve actually never heard of that. Some call me crazy, but I LOVE deer meat. If it’s cooked properly the flavour is fantastic. I wouldn’t want to remove any of it! I don’t mix my burger with pork either. If I wanted pork I’d eat one lol. 

• Like 1

Very interesting Fish. I myself am a bang flop Hunter. They drop right  there or within 25yards. I process ASAP & my meat has always been tender. I haven’t shot an old buck though. All my animals have been younger. 4 years old or less. 

Edited by Wheeler

I am just the opposite, I don't like the wild taste -----  and when we get sausage ground , we use to go 60% deer  and 40% pork , we been doing 40% deer and 60% pork and like it much better , too much deer makes it mealy and dry , the only part of deer I really like to eat not in sausage is the loin , cut thin , hammered , soaked in milk , powered with flour and fried in oil with Romano cheese sprinkled on it ---

• Like 2

The processors now days are making some really good sausages , all kinds of combinations of jalepeno , pepper jack , brown sugar , pineapple , i had two new to me kinds of  links Saturday for appetizers ,had some Creole and Italian  , Creole was great 

• Like 2

Yep , I think  he is trying to copy the Salt Bae from the style that he poured the wine  , then  the threw he frying pan and spachela  in the river , LOL 

just a question on cornbread mix? i use 1 cup flour, 1.25 cornbread. how much flour can i cut out? :classic_unsure:

Edited by LedFTed

standard for mine is 3/4 cup Martha white corn meal, 1 cup cup milk (purity red cap milk)  (i use milk from toombs dairy) one egg 1 table spoon of sugar << (optional) ...whisk well ... pour into a oiled pre heated iron skillet. bake at 450 for around 20 minutes,  but you can adjust the mixture, for a thin pan 1/2 cup mix, 1 cup of milk,  i don't use flour ... never have ... 

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

just a question on cornbread mix? i use 1 cup flour, 1.25 cornbread. how much flour can i cut out? :classic_unsure:

The wife buys the ready mix  corn bread in a box , LOL  ---  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

standard for mine is 3/4 cup Martha white corn meal, 1 cup cup milk (purity red cap milk)  (i use milk from toombs dairy) one egg 1 table spoon of sugar << (optional) ...whisk well ... pour into a oiled pre heated iron skillet. bake at 450 for around 20 minutes,  but you can adjust the mixture, for a thin pan 1/2 cup mix, 1 cup of milk,  i don't use flour ... never have ... 

thats what i wanted to hear, no flour. i didnt know if ya could do this for sure. i am fond of the red cap.  real milk. using a recipe from an old cookbook, i changed it a bit. more on that later.

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

The wife buys the ready mix  corn bread in a box , LOL  ---  

is the box blue an white? more or less?