Fishfiles

Food Channel

Tapatio salsa picante, is about as hot as i want, anymore.. 😀

never developed a taste for jalapeno's. sum red peppers were plenty hot enough.

Edited by LedFTed
spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Goober said:

General’s Danger Close hot sauce.

looks real good, goober, with a super thick crust, i can't say I've ever come across that hot sauce before, but as a lover of hot sauce, I'll be looking for that one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LedFTed said:

Tapatio salsa picante, is about as hot as i want, anymore.. 😀

never developed a taste for jalapeno's. sum red peppers were plenty hot enough.

ear sweat!!

Here ya go Jay; i do like Danger Close. I like Tapatio —good stuff Ted—but this has good flavor and is 3x hotter i bet. Don’t think I’ll be getting the 750ml grenade bottle lol

https://www.generalshotsauce.com/products/best-seller-heat-seeker-1-bottle-each-of-dead-red-danger-close-and-shock-awe-6-oz-bottles

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2

Goob' , love the bottle , if it taste as good as the bottle looks , it must be good ---- 

I am about to go the store for meat , going to be a surprise to even me what I come back with and be on the menu this weekend 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Goob' , love the bottle , if it taste as good as the bottle looks , it must be good ---- 

I am about to go the store for meat , going to be a surprise to even me what I come back with and be on the menu this weekend 

Good luck on your adventure FF lol! I’m going to make venison stew. I have 7 mule deer in the yard and two whitetail and an elk in the freezer!

I here you Goob' ----  got 4 deer in the yard here this week doing lawn service ! ---  seasons over so they are safe here 

Went for Boston butt roast on the smoker an Cowboy Beans with hot sausage , it is cooking as we speak ---  it is about to be 5:00 somewhere 

tomorrow it's going to be grilled chicken legs and hamburgers 

cIGV6%d%So6uxf0LMm9FuA.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

tomorrow it's going to be grilled chicken legs

cIGV6%d%So6uxf0LMm9FuA.jpg

Are those front legs, or the bigger hind legs....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TBRider said:

Are those front legs, or the bigger hind legs....

--- those are some big possums , eh ----- no season , no limits on possum --- Down here everything taste like Yard Bird , so they say 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm just doing it simple today, Italian seansoned chicken, with dressing, maybe a green bean casserole, or asparagus tip casserole toped with bread crumbs, and chez, or saltine crackers. 

• Like 2

Getting ready to snow here now; stew was a good choice. After noon, so beer me, mittens.

60113972-33C3-4248-AABA-25C52663337E.jpeg

• Like 2

that would be perfect on a cold snowy day. you need some sweet cornbread to go along with that stew ... good for sopping the gravy. 

Different kind of day for us , old friends coming over ,been over a year since they been over ,  they don't ride 4 wheelers , so no 4 wheeling today ,  amazing they don't ride , as they have a camp out on the water only accessable by boat , a house boat at the marina , different boats for different activities ,  fish and hunt a lot -----  they were  from down da'road in the Parish of St Bernard and know good food  ---- also have about a dozen others coming , besides the 5 of them and use two , so about 17 people , need a lot of food and beverages 

I was preparing last night and back at it this morning , alligator ka'bobs , shrimp salad , Spinach / Artichoke dip , Rotel /Jimmy Dean / Velvetta dip , mini meat balls , smoked Boston butt roast ( put it on at 4:00 AM ) , potato salad ---- stuff I know they are bringing , steak burgers , baked beans , baed macaroni , ribs , deer sausage  --- never know what dish might show up 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Goober said:

Mo catfish love

570D2F37-A4D7-4504-9050-0B21FC3892E2.jpeg

Looks good , one thing I would do different , I would cut that slab into about 22 -25 finger size  pieces , fry it crispy and dunk it in a mix of ketchup , mustard , Worchester sauce and a squeeze of lemon

• Like 1

Started a craze last weekend , I was mixing  mini meatballs and red gravy appetizers  with potato salad , had others says it was working !!!

Saturday is the wife's day this weekend  , so Sunday is the cook out ride , we thinking crayfish on the menu  , they still kind of high priced , last week was $3.50 a pound live , you season them crayfish as hot as help when they are  high dollar , they go farther , LOL

• Haha 1

Yup i cut This large slab into strips but bite sized would be better. Eat more hot sauce that way lols .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Goober said:

Yup i cut This large slab into strips but bite sized would be better. Eat more hot sauce that way lols .

The smaller the piece , the more crispy coating , I see you got the right fish fry in the pic !    sometimes , I like to mix a 50/50 mix of flour and corn meal ----- every now and then I will coat the fish with mustard before battering it , ever try that !!! 

• Like 2

Powdered mustard or like French’s prepared mustard?

whoeee powdered mustard could sure get my attention tho

i have been doing a milk wash, then season with Tony Cacheres, then the Zatarain’s breading 

Regular old school French's yellow mustard , just a light dip in a bowl of it before the fish fry  ---- it will surprise you ----- 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 1:42 PM, Fishfiles said:

Regular old school French's yellow mustard , just a light dip in a bowl of it before the fish fry  ---- it will surprise you ----- 

French's has too much water in it. yellow mustard for the most part is yellow mustard aint it? i cant knock the flavor of mustard though, sometimes just a touch of mustard goes a long way. i like a bunch, taste sweet. mustard does.

i like the 50/50 mix, flour/corn meal, just gotta make sure its yellow corn meal for me.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 8:55 AM, Goober said:

Mo catfish love

570D2F37-A4D7-4504-9050-0B21FC3892E2.jpeg

is that paprika, or curry powder? or both?

Edited by LedFTed

On 2/20/2021 at 8:47 AM, Goober said:

Here ya go Jay; i do like Danger Close. I like Tapatio —good stuff Ted—but this has good flavor and is 3x hotter i bet. Don’t think I’ll be getting the 750ml grenade bottle lol

https://www.generalshotsauce.com/products/best-seller-heat-seeker-1-bottle-each-of-dead-red-danger-close-and-shock-awe-6-oz-bottles

ya can leave out the, salsa picante, i forget whats on the label, whatever, Tapatio is hot enough for me. 3x hotter, i dont think i want to sit on the throne. 😀😀

• Like 1

'Ted , I hear you on the Tapatio , that is good stuff  .... try you some Cholula ------ no vinegar taste in the Cholula  like Louisiana Hot Sauce or Tabasco , which are not my favorites , too much vinegar 

image.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

'Ted , I hear you on the Tapatio , that is good stuff  .... try you some Cholula ------ no vinegar taste in the Cholula  like Louisiana Hot Sauce or Tabasco , which are not my favorites , too much vinegar 

image.png

The Chipolte is my favorite

• Like 1