Fishfiles

Food Channel

I’ve eaten at the middendorfs in manchac many times but not the one in Slidell. 

The crawfish pies were little and and came with the seafood plates or 99cents separate. I assume they got started as lagniappe. Our northern friends will have to look that one up. Lol

Edited by slowindown
  • Like 1

Yesterday we went to  friends party , he is a retired Navy guy married  a Filipino woman and they have a big family , they did a pig roast among many other Filipino dishes I can't even pronounce  ---- thought I'd share a pic of the pig -------   

3dUMdEi1T4qgDUsdYTSNpQ.jpg

• Like 3

image.png

THE HOG LOG! Affectionately known as the "Hawg Lawg", this magical creation is sausage stuffed with cheese, wrapped in a Bacon weave, smothered in brown sugar, and smoked to delicious perfection. Easy, delicious, and satisfying!

WOW , I need to try this , did something similar with e Boston football thing a while back 

• Like 2

Ya boy from !'s Kitchen took his girl friend out for steak , the bill was $600+, he asked why , $35 per ounce on the steak , he said no regrets ,  he loved it ,  all good ! 

Could be a sign of  times  to come ???  -----   A deer might go for $50-60K processed and cooked  , sounds like Robin Hood and his Merry Men might be back in business , coming to a forrest near you soon , LOL

https://igvofficial.com/gordon-ramsay-steakhouse-diner-bill-misreading-menu/

image.png

• Like 2

On 5/26/2021 at 8:03 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

THE HOG LOG! Affectionately known as the "Hawg Lawg", this magical creation is sausage stuffed with cheese, wrapped in a Bacon weave, smothered in brown sugar, and smoked to delicious perfection. Easy, delicious, and satisfying!

WOW , I need to try this , did something similar with e Boston football thing a while back 

I've done similar but filleted a pork loin, covered it with sausage, bacon and all the goodies then rolled it and wrapped it in a bacon weave. About all I've been getting done anymore is cooking on a few trail rides and making bacon. Winter time seems to be when i have the time to really smoke some meals.

20201127_132015.jpg

20201127_132504.jpg

20201127_132637.jpg

20201127_133110.jpg

20201127_142054.jpg

• Like 3

" Food " , helped the cigarettes ,  just about killed me , clogged up the arteries , but had a good time doing it , been eating healthy and for the most part lately and  it sucks , that's kind of why have not been talking food lately 

The wife has been in charge of the vi'dels  , so about all  I can tell you about , is some good healthy for you , fiber cereal  ( LOL )  , I feel like a goat when I eat it , I chew and chew and chew and then chew some more and  it never seems to go away 

another , so called healthy dish she pushes hard  on me is oat meal , who ever invention oat meal should  do hard time in prison eating nothing but oat meal ----   I know , you got to put stuff in oat meal for it to taste good , but then it ain't healthy no more 

• Like 1

I got to give credit to 'Led'Ft 'Ted , for the chili seasoning , was digging around the spice cabinet and found one left of a stash he sent me , good stuff ,  I call it Tex'Mex Spaghetti , 'Ted seasoning , celery , onions , greens , garlic , ground meat and meat balls ,  Spaghetti sauce of your choice , and two cans of tomatoe paste to thicken it up ,  chili powder , Chahoula Sauce , Rotel tomatoes , Romano and Parmasian  cheeses 

fullsizeoutput_f0a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f0b.jpeg

• Like 1

Sounds like good stuff. I almost made a pot of chili last night when we get back to the house. The  cooler weather (low 80’s, lol) definitely has me craving chili

• Like 1

Local Chili Pepper Festival 

got an assortment of fresh roasted chilies and ate them for lunch. Big ole cup of lemonade. And some ice cream.

Man that was awesome. Some were pretty dang hot. 
 later I’ll be saying “cmon ice cream!”

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 3:56 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

almost sounds like cleaning a carp. take a cleaning board, gut an filet the fish, put all the seasonings on, then throw it away an eat the board.. 

• Haha 1

i changed the butter i like;  from Irish Butter to Vermont Cultured Butter. its better, so far, an i dont feel bad about using too much.

i said a while back, i wanted to cut weight. i just wanted to get to 125 lbs. from 139lbs. Well, now, at 116lbs, i want to add weight.

get to at least 120lbs...

Life aint nothing but a roller coaster. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Not going there !!! 

image.png

That's what .gov calls "substitution" when they play with inflation numbers......  "Sure bacon and pork chops are up 400%, but pork rectums are the same price, so there is no inflation"

• Haha 2

tried Dukes mayo, making slaw. i used to use Kraft salad dressing.

Too compensate, i used a bit or honey. works out just fine. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed

25 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

tried Dukes mayo, making slaw. i used to use Kraft salad dressing.

Too compensate, i used a bit or honey. works out just fine. 🙂

I am a Hellman Mayo  guy , it was on sale this week , buy one for $6.00 and get one free 

read that they might use GMO's or something. i like Hellman's also. course, its hard too stay away from GMO's anymore.

Edited by LedFTed