Fishfiles

Food Channel

Yesterday cooked up some char-broiled oysters and slammed a few raw whie shucking them ---- we had a feast , shrimp kabobs , dirty rice , grilled chicken , baked mac and lots of beer 

I have been eating oysters all my life as my Great Grandfather and Grandfather were oyster fishermen , these oysters were some of the best I ever ate raw ---  they were freebees from my buddy and hand picked number 1 singles at that  

fullsizeoutput_f42.jpeg

11 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

The only thing I see wrong with that salad is the head gasket leaking!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well;; i been using that vitamin C powder for a while.. have to fight off the cold season, so to speak.. any way it mixes with orange juice very well. i dont like strait orange juice, so i mix it. was water, then got to sweet tea... then i added my favorite soft drink instead, Canada Dry, bless those Canadian's, 🙂,...

i finally found something, to mix my J.B. Cinnamon,[fire] with, that taste good to me. at least two if not all three, OJ, ST,CD... this evening its canada dry, an sweet tea. [my sweet tea only has 3/4 a cup of brown sugar per gallon]..

i also use BIGELOW tea....  i forgot, i add ice.

😀 Cinnamon is good for blood pressure..

Edited by LedFTed
why not

Meatballs and meat sauce , with baked mac  and cheese coming 

Think I told this story before , really takes me back , my Dad and Grandfather had a friend Joe Lopinto , he was a motorcycle sheriff in Jefferson Parish where his Grandson is now the head sheriff , Joe lost his leg in a motorcycle wreck and limped around with his prosthetic ,   Joe had a 40 arpents farm ( land measurement in the old days , a little larger than an acre ) along the lower Mississippi River in Historic Braithwaite and his brother had 40 next to it , greatest rabbit hunting I ever been on , hunting rabbit there is a story in itself to tell , we went down to his farm almost every weekend and would  hunt and fish , help out with chores and eat real good , he was Italian and could cook well , his brother was business agent of the Union I was in , he was also my neighbor and my number one fishing mentor and the other brother owned a very good old school restaurant , so Joe's spaghetti was unbelievably good , I can remember him morning on it at daylight , chopping seasonings , he used a crayfish boiling pot and made a 5 gallon or more size pot full every Saturday , the meat was potluck , meatballs  rabbit , squirrel , sausage , pork chops , boiled eggs , duck , there wa s no telling what you would come up with , I remember a time when nutria ( water rabbit , LOL )  was in there ---- so the story is Meril was a really cool guy we worked with , he had one eye made of glass from an accident he had , and when he looked around , one went each way and him being so crazy  funny made it hard to not laugh around him , so Meril pulls up at the farm while we all sitting at the table drinking coffee , we were just talking about the squirrel that Joe raised when it fell out the tree when it was a baby and lived  in the pecan tree right out the window ,  ten we hear , BAM , Meril shot the squirrel and came walking into the backdoor with the squirrel hanging by the tail saying I got something for the pot , Joe came undone on him , LOL

So the rabbit hunting story , the fields would grow over with briar bushes  ( blackberry ) , and the rabbits were thick , so during the winter they would cut the grass with a bush hog , an acre at a time , cut around in a square then surround the area with guns , keep cutting around and the rabbits would start running out  with every pass more and more , my Dad taught me never get on Merrill's right side , remember he had one eye , merril shot Joe's plastic  leg all up , then hit the good one , should have heard that , we had some good times , shoot rabbits by the hundreds 

fullsizeoutput_f4a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f4b.jpeg

g+vYSsBxQ6KiE66iiNV1TQ.jpg

lhvhjbTWTVm0yC+IMK4Tfw.jpg

nEuRlS9eT0Wp9WB2vjozQA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_f4c.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Meatballs and meat sauce , with baked mac  and cheese coming 

Think I told this story before , really takes me back , my Dad and Grandfather had a friend Joe Lopinto , he was a motorcycle sheriff in Jefferson Parish where his Grandson is now the head sheriff , Joe lost his leg in a motorcycle wreck and limped around with his prosthetic ,   Joe had a 40 arpents farm ( land measurement in the old days , a little larger than an acre ) along the lower Mississippi River in Historic Braithwaite and his brother had 40 next to it , greatest rabbit hunting I ever been on , hunting rabbit there is a story in itself to tell , we went down to his farm almost every weekend and would  hunt and fish , help out with chores and eat real good , he was Italian and could cook well , his brother was business agent of the Union I was in , he was also my neighbor and my number one fishing mentor and the other brother owned a very good old school restaurant , so Joe's spaghetti was unbelievably good , I can remember him morning on it at daylight , chopping seasonings , he used a crayfish boiling pot and made a 5 gallon or more size pot full every Saturday , the meat was potluck , meatballs  rabbit , squirrel , sausage , pork chops , boiled eggs , duck , there wa s no telling what you would come up with , I remember a time when nutria ( water rabbit , LOL )  was in there ---- so the story is Meril was a really cool guy we worked with , he had one eye made of glass from an accident he had , and when he looked around , one went each way and him being so crazy  funny made it hard to not laugh around him , so Meril pulls up at the farm while we all sitting at the table drinking coffee , we were just talking about the squirrel that Joe raised when it fell out the tree when it was a baby and lived  in the pecan tree right out the window ,  ten we hear , BAM , Meril shot the squirrel and came walking into the backdoor with the squirrel hanging by the tail saying I got something for the pot , Joe came undone on him , LOL

So the rabbit hunting story , the fields would grow over with briar bushes  ( blackberry ) , and the rabbits were thick , so during the winter they would cut the grass with a bush hog , an acre at a time , cut around in a square then surround the area with guns , keep cutting around and the rabbits would start running out  with every pass more and more , my Dad taught me never get on Merrill's right side , remember he had one eye , merril shot Joe's plastic  leg all up , then hit the good one , should have heard that , we had some good times , shoot rabbits by the hundreds 

fullsizeoutput_f4a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f4b.jpeg

g+vYSsBxQ6KiE66iiNV1TQ.jpg

lhvhjbTWTVm0yC+IMK4Tfw.jpg

nEuRlS9eT0Wp9WB2vjozQA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_f4c.jpeg

Great story Fish. i did the same thing as your rabbit hunting but it was rats instead. I had 30 acres north of Lufkin Texas. I had a pond built and the grass would grow 6 or 7 feet tall behind the dam. While mowing the rats would cluster up in the rapidly reducing tall grass. I'd sic my dog on them.......he loved it! Had friend over once with a 22 rifle..........he loved it too.

• Like 1

Heard on TV news this morning that today is National Homemade Soup Day , and being that it got cold this morning , what a good day for it , so I went to the store and got some stuff and made Gumbo , pound each of  chicken thigh  , crayfish tails , shrimp and Double D sausage , cheated on the roux and used Blue Runner Gumbo Base in the can  , made enough for the weekend  , on my third cup !!!! 

fullsizeoutput_f66.jpeg

R5KTMGgrQ2S2392IfEh0mg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_f62.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f67.jpeg

Wow , I am  kind of hung over from yesterday , boiled crayfish , fried back strap , potato salad , bake mac , hot tamales , Coors Lite , BudLite and Crown Royal Green Apple for dessert ---- we let the weatherman screw us up but not going riding , he was forecasting rain , which I could have counted the drops I seen , so nobody brought there bikes -----    on a positive note , my buddy texted my a google earth boundary line shot and informed me they just closed on two more plots that total  115 acres ( 90 and 25)  , which  connects to their 440 acres I'm riding on now , so now  riding on 555 acres , 555 is crazy , I'd call it the triple Nickel , but he also told me they are in negotiations for a 800 acre plot 

fullsizeoutput_f9e.jpeg

%80F%Hz9QTa1D%eI7JAsBg.jpg

RFvlq3CKTyyNdUKDj61KQQ.jpg

• Like 2

i have t bee on this thread in a while, with everything that's happened in my life, so i desided to cook something good, figured I'd post about...... two cornish hens with dressing for stuffing, coated with extra virgin olive oil, then dusted with Mccormicks Grill Mates Montreal chicken seasoning, ow just to figure out what to go with it ? creamed tators ? green beans ? Mack and cheese ? what goes good with cornish hen ? sure felt good to cook again, and take my mind off of things, maybe I'll actually eat more, hop in the chat room, and later sleep good tonight..... never mind the hole in the left bird, that's from the temp probe, i don't eat anything (meat size that's not slightly over cooked, now they're are the air fryed getting the skin  crispy. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

For a side ----

Roasted potatoes : cut small chunks with the skin on , cookie pan with olive oil , seasoned well , throw it in the oven while  the hen is cooking , good stuff 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oh yeah!, seasoned roasted  red taters the air fryer should just right on those, although i have only done tots, frys, and s

spicy curly frys in it, but worked great, just as moist on the inside, and crispy on the out side. 

• Like 1

If you are going airfryer , then try this , get a squirt bottle , you know ,  like Windex would come in , not a Windex bottle , lol , just giving an example , put olive oil in the bottle and spray what ever your air frying with a mist of oil , just a very small mist , don't over do it , works great on shrimp or chicken , to give it a crispy outside 

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 1:05 PM, Fishfiles said:

Heard on TV news this morning that today is National Homemade Soup Day , and being that it got cold this morning , what a good day for it , so I went to the store and got some stuff and made Gumbo , pound each of  chicken thigh  , crayfish tails , shrimp and Double D sausage , cheated on the roux and used Blue Runner Gumbo Base in the can  , made enough for the weekend  , on my third cup !!!! 

fullsizeoutput_f66.jpeg

R5KTMGgrQ2S2392IfEh0mg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_f62.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f67.jpeg

Dont see any chicken thigh where they at.