Fishfiles

Food Channel

2 hours ago, LedFTed said:

Dont see any chicken thigh where they at.

chopped up in the second pic to the left of the sausage ---- chicken thigh has become my favorite piece , tender and juicy 

sometimes the simplest meals taste the best , this was some good stuff here , center cut chops and roasted 'tators 

My special blend of seasoning is up to 8 now , found this stuff made by Cuisinart KC Blend , nice , a little sweet , I like it --- found it at Walmart , not in the food section , over by the bar'b'q section 

fullsizeoutput_fa8.jpeg

7NChUtoPQi6A5h3YB80T2A.jpg

fullsizeoutput_fad.jpeg

7 hours ago, Shady_Redneck said:

This is from walk on’s sports bar 

DD34616A-3BEB-45D4-8DD7-58E9AB65D40E.jpeg

We got a Walk-Ons in Slidell , I like me some waffle fries !!! 

On 4/6/2022 at 5:39 PM, Fishfiles said:

For a side ----

Roasted potatoes : cut small chunks with the skin on , cookie pan with olive oil , seasoned well , throw it in the oven while  the hen is cooking , good stuff 

Add a little rosemary.  Good stuff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

We got a Walk-Ons in Slidell , I like me some waffle fries !!! 

The fried devils on horseback are delicious 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shady_Redneck said:

The fried devils on horseback are delicious 

I love me some Blue Cheese ^^^^ 

image.png

Amigo loco in Damascus Arkansas best chimichangas and rice in the state (not what the presentation looks like in the restaurant)

9821A0E6-67B7-440C-B98F-F35CE6592E26.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shady_Redneck said:

59921940-1E46-4D28-8468-62A07D739F6D.jpeg

Looks like Tamales  ?  Homemade ??

Aw I love me some Tamales.

Back when I was doing the golf thing with my prior job, the owner of the company loved Doe's Tamales.  He was in there eating one night and asked for the owner/manager, and said he wanted to sell those tamales at all of his golf courses in the grill, and asked how to make it happen.

https://arktimes.com/rock-candy/2013/10/31/does-and-the-trouble-with-tamales

IIRC (been 15 years ago or so) they told him 500 dozen tamales per location (14 of the 18 hold courses), so we had to buy big freezers for the tamales, tamale cookers, and of course, the tamales.

They were really good, but not popular with the golfers (who wanted something to grab and go, like a hot dog or a burger).  After awhile, the "best by" date passed, and the question arose as to what to do with all the tamales. 

Me being me, "Nothing wrong with those!  I'll eat them!  They've been in the freezer, so they haven't spoiled."

So I completely filled two freezers with tamales, and ate a whole crapload of Doe's tamales for a couple of years.  Tasted great, and they were FREE!

We have a local food truck "Pasquale's" who's only open one day a week.  He makes what are probably the best I've had.  $20/ dozen, and they are lick the bowl good.  Italian guy too!

http://www.sucktheshuck.com/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Looks like Tamales  ?  Homemade ??

Yep homemade they’re from a tamale stand in lake village 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shady_Redneck said:

Yep homemade they’re from a tamale stand in lake village 

My grandmother used to get tamales down in Lake Village pretty often. Wonder if it’s the same place?

Her first cousin lived down there on the lake and we would go visit her.  I would Crappie fish and my grandmother would bring back tamales

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

My grandmother used to get tamales down in Lake Village pretty often. Wonder if it’s the same place?

Her first cousin lived down there on the lake and we would go visit her.  I would Crappie fish and my grandmother would bring back tamales

$20 a dozen for tamales , that must  be Big Boys , the size of burritos ?  LOL 

D

25 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

$20 a dozen for tamales , that must  be Big Boys , the size of burritos ?  LOL 

D

Not huge, but dang they’re good!

3 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Not huge, but dang they’re good!

Angus Beef maybe ----  !!!!          They are still $12- $18 a dozen here , but they have gotten smaller , two small biters , LOL 

Had a buddy over this weekend past , he gave me a compliment that was different , he said " everytime I eat here , it can be something I already ate here before , but it is always a little different and it is all good " 

There is no recipe books or measuring devices around here , " a little of this , a lot of that " 

My mom use to call this rissoto ( she said riz'sot )  , basically a wet jambalaya / stew , works well with shrimp ,  lots of onions , green peppers , garlic , celery , Rotel tomatoes and chiles .  boneless and for the most part skinless chicken thighs ( a little skin gives it some taste ) and Double D smoked  sausage , cream of mushroom condensed soup for cooking  , lea and perrins , cahoula sauce ,  dajour mustard , chile powder , spices , Zatarains jambalaya mix 

Fried pork loin , cut thin , canola oil ,  with Romano cheese in dry fish fry ----- so many variations to this , egg and milk marinated and double battered with flour and bread crumb mix is good , 350 degrees on the oil is important for good results 

fullsizeoutput_fba.jpeg 

fullsizeoutput_fb7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_fbb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_fbc.jpeg

ZVhiNhCvT5OMvlNM%jNRjw.jpg

On 4/21/2022 at 3:57 PM, jeepwm69 said:

It may be the same place is the girl she gets them from Mexican?

Edited by New_Shoes_Shady
  • Like 1

Well that's been a long time ago.  She died in 2007.

But she would always get tamales from someone in Lake Village going back to the 80's and 90's whenever she would go visit.

• Like 1

I picked up these two seasoning last week , Country Bob's is kind of strong , salty and peppery , pretty good ,  and the  Back Yard is sweet , I like it ----

Mother's Day weekend , wife wants MeatBalls and Spaghetti and insist on not spicy -----  so fixing that for her 

I am going for shrimp , my buddy at the seafood shop has been getting these 16-20 count farm raised shrimp from Ecuador , they are frozen in water as soon as they are caught , no IQF , they are beautiful , very glossy colored , clean , firm , boil and peel great  , like to eat local , but it is pre-season right now 

Y6et71IPQhih2PLSCwZgWQ.jpg

• Like 1