Fishfiles

Food Channel

LSU game day menu : Game is at 6:00 PM eastern , festivities going to start at 11:00 AM 

Jambalaya with chicken and sausage ---- and going to smoke a Boston Butt ---- 

• Like 1

Starting up , trying putting foil over the grill as it gets hard to clean 

fullsizeoutput_1063.jpeg

QcWR2he%Q3ijsMCw0UIcgg.jpg

• Like 2

Enjoy FF!!! Here’s one of my smokers.

I don’t put foil on the grills  cause i want the browning and smoke. I put foil on the wood box; it’s electric fired but uses wood chunks for smoke.

3133E4DE-E4FD-4398-B544-BFCB95285D2F.jpeg

5FE7420A-2463-4F73-BBDE-0507203FE1E8.jpeg

CEFBF30A-6002-41E7-B054-30E1B48924CE.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Goober said:

Enjoy FF!!! Here’s one of my smokers.

I don’t put foil on the grills  cause i want the browning and smoke. I put foil on the wood box; it’s electric fired but uses wood chunks for smoke.

That looks mighty tasty Goober !!!!

Here me out on the foil , as far as it getting cooked on the edges , what I did the last couple of times , after I pull all the meat off the bone , I put the meat  on that aluminum pan and stick it on the grill for about an hour and mix in the sauce , it gets a nice coating 

• Like 1

I know I posted up jambalaya before , but every time is different  onions , green peppers, garlic , rotela with chiles , mushrooms , celery , 4.5 pounds of chicken , sausage and ground meat , call it a dirty rice jambalaya 

82HQh6DcSwCyJXOm8L7lZg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_106a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1069.jpeg

xZ1xgpMDS1qN05ekf42aOg.jpg

• Like 1

After seeing those images, and reading  the post ill Just add (right now) Sigh......... I hate this diet I'm on.......and man that looks delicious!!

• Like 1

I am going to show you the secret ingredients , I did not have any shrimp to put in there so the next best  thing , I like it a bit more juicy 

Going to let this simmer for about 1/2 hour , then add the rice and seasoning packages and cook for 25 minutes and I am going to have jambalaya for breakfast 

UU%ORCcwRD20VTO01Ztqlg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_106d.jpeg

• Like 1

Eyeeee , won't be long now Matey ,  I'll be ordering up a pint from me barkeep ---- Goooo Tigers !!!! 

image.png

Jambalaya for breakfast yesterday morning at our  LSU tailgate party on the porch ----  then it was onto drinking ---- after 7 hours of smoking I took the Boston Butt off and pulled and cut it into pieces , lubed it up with Sweet baby ray's and cooked it on low on the grill for a hour and a half , drained the juice a couple of times and boy is it good ----  before the game we heard  a crack a few times and then this limb hit the ground, that's the tree that died , what a shame , big oak , well got fire wood 

8+9xNN0bR1+92yfVl9tRrg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_106f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1074.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1071.jpeg

RiC0eLAQSo2Cx90eHIn++w.jpg

JNQr8kLQRxOruceh2Z+oWA.jpg

• Like 2

I took some time this weekend to enclose the cook shack for the winter. I was going to build a structure that would slide into place for the winter (then just have it against another shed in the summer for extra storage) but time and money didn't allow that. The tent should be good enough for this year. 

We have a Thursday night football planned this week (high school, not that stupid amazon crap) and snow is expected so wanted to get something done. 

I was tearing down some old sheds this summer so all the reclaimed wood and tin went to housing the griddle, smoker and grill. It's been a work in progress and eventually I might get done with it. So far the only money I have in it is for screws, caulk and some paint. 

20220702_095814.jpg

20221106_124022.jpg

• Like 2

Used tin around here is bringing $$ now.  The old stuff is so much heavier than the new paper thin stuff that people will pay for for old used tin than the new stuff costs....

• Like 1

My buddy Karl the SeaBee , really good at creating things , here is one of his concocksions , not what you first think >>>>  I was thinking ice cream sundae 

Smoked chuck beef, pork shoulder, and mashed potato sunday. Get ya some of that!!!

image.png

Up early for LSU kickoff at 11:00.   

Secret ingredient for some tasty potato salad then add everything and  kitchen sink.

Italian muffuletta olive mix.  Onions. Garlic.  Banana peppers.  celery.  6 boiled eggs. Real crispy  crushed up  bacon bits.  A bit of ranch dressing.  mayo and mustard. 

567C2261-19E5-4141-B73D-86C1E5DCDB22.jpeg

BDB83DBB-F187-4965-8DCD-74EDE7E332B5.jpeg

Friday night , cooked the wife a T-bone , baked potato and yellow squash 

fullsizeoutput_107b.jpeg

• Like 1

Saturday LSU and son in laws birthday , wife cooked lasagna and I did  some drunken chickens and chicken legs 

bhIJSw0KRVOh%gdfgHvA1Q.jpg

qr4RiqIqS5ahM5t8+p45GA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1079.jpeg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Friday night , cooked the wife a T-bone , baked potato and yellow squash 

fullsizeoutput_107b.jpeg

Oh man........ Screw the popcorn...... Give me a plate of those...... Lol! 

• Like 1

Mister Kim prepared his famous  fried deer 

medallions to perfection.  I made some Alfredo sauce with fettuccini and topped that back strap with sauce and some garlic bread if you wanted. It was Off The Hook.  Plus we had all kinds of other foods as well.  Great party. Did some mud riding. LSU and Team USA soccer lost.  But Tulane kicked butt. 

99B07C28-1372-4864-8970-ED337DD456FB.jpeg

0757427B-E75C-4111-9598-41436F433E5E.jpeg

EFFAA7F9-00DA-4EF7-87B0-0E65D750E162.jpeg

• Like 2

I helped a friend butcher his deer yesterday.
I took my smokepole for a walk today, laid back in the sun after it got above freezing and then, after i was sure the deer were all bedded, pulled up a couple hundred feet of old barbed wire. Drove home, had a beer and grilled this fine piece of backstrap. Cheers to y’all 

D85A0FE1-179F-45BC-AA69-E018D03917B6.jpeg

• Like 2

Yesterday was some good food and 4 wheeling , after having quite a few beverages whilst riding  , I was saying , " This is the mostistsis fun I had in a long time " , there was a lot of stupid going on yesterday -----  amazing how dry it has been , many of the ruts and holes are dried up , lucky for us it rained enough recently to keep the dust down , seen bou-cou snakes as they were all around the water holes that are left and I did not bring my gun , I got off the bike and was walking over to one big cottonmouth with the machete and he flared up in the attack mode , cottonmouth don't often back down , needless to say I left him alone and hope he is still in that area today , cause I am going to have my little friend with me today  and looking for him 

I started cooking at 6:00 in the morning , dirty rice , fried chicken tenders , grill hot wings and  sausage --- we took off riding at 11:00 and got back at 3:30 and my shoulders are sore this morning , my tank was full and I went on reserve before getting home and we are riding again today with another crew , on the menu today is something really good , charbroiled fresh Louisiana oysters and fried deer backstrap  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Yesterday was some good food and 4 wheeling , after having quite a few beverages whilst riding  , I was saying , " This is the mostistsis fun I had in a long time " , there was a lot of stupid going on yesterday -----  amazing how dry it has been , many of the ruts and holes are dried up , lucky for us it rained enough recently to keep the dust down , seen bou-cou snakes as they were all around the water holes that are left and I did not bring my gun , I got off the bike and was walking over to one big cottonmouth with the machete and he flared up in the attack mode , cottonmouth don't often back down , needless to say I left him alone and hope he is still in that area today , cause I am going to have my little friend with me today  and looking for him 

I started cooking at 6:00 in the morning , dirty rice , fried chicken tenders , grill hot wings and  sausage --- we took off riding at 11:00 and got back at 3:30 and my shoulders are sore this morning , my tank was full and I went on reserve before getting home and we are riding again today with another crew , on the menu today is something really good , charbroiled fresh Louisiana oysters and fried deer backstrap  

Sounds like fun and some good eating.

• Like 1

Yesterday char-broiled a sack of oysters and I am OD'ed on oysters this morning  , well I bet the Coors Lite and Green Apple Regal Crown might have had a biit to do with it ,   many moons ago I learned a lesson about hard alcohol and oysters , take a oyster and put him in a shot glass filled with Jack , Crown  or such and it will turn to pearl ( rock )  , LOL , and that will happen in your stomach 

fullsizeoutput_108a.jpeg

• Haha 1