Fishfiles

Food Channel

12 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

that's an apron , LOL , no just kidding , that is my buddy pulled the sack off the top of the crabs , you do that so the ice has a barrier over the crabs , I was talking the pic 

i knew you were. lols. I remember sears catalogs. save the pictures ya like. wad the picture's you dont. Gotta make the paper softer.

Edited by LedFTed
just got too

I usually use the meat slicer so they are all the same thickness if doing a big batch. I have a suction cup shredder/slicer (just change the drums) thing with a turn handle that does small/quick batches pretty quick and easy to clean up. Thickness can change a little though depending on the pressure you putting on the feed tube but still uniform enough to make good food. Some seasonal salt when done an I like dipping them in spicy ranch dressing. It's one of the household favorites when people are over (about every weekend).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I looked back at the first 3 pics 'T'Ed and never seen a foot in a bag !!!!????.... 

Its under the edge of the sack lol!!!!  

Edited by _Wilson_™

My granny used to make this back in the day... IMO it's the best cornbread I've ever eaten. ...almost a meal by its self....  I've altered it some... 

Mexican Cornbread

1 + 1/2 cups self rising corn meal mix white or yellow << only a 1/2 cup of white 
1 + 1/2 tablespoons sugar << only one table spoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese mild, medium, or sharp << i deleted this
1/2 cup vegetable oil << i use only a table spoon
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon diced jalapeño seeds removed >> one whole seeded jalapeño 
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup canned cream style corn
Bake in a pre heated seasoned cast iron skillet @ 450 for 20 minutes +- it's off the HOOK good! Fish.... Pardon the delay .. I didn't forget lol.... It went great with that hurts giant Lima bean soup loaded with chopped ham , and rotel tomatoe s 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Eating breakfast this morning and a friend who is president of the local deer club gave me a 6 link pack of some  60% pork / 40% deer , jalepeano /cheese sausage , was processed in Pass Christian , I had the same combo from another processor last weekend and it was great , this will get grilled tomorrow for sure and taste tested 

fSYzp3XgTxmlyfEOP1MppA.jpg

That's good eating there....I had 20lbs of country sausage made when I had the deer I killed processed at Leblanc's Processing in Morganza.

• Like 2

That looks good !!! I wouldn't have deleted the cheddar cheese and doubled up on the jalopeano peppers LOL

• Like 1

riverc , I never heard about LeBlanc yet , bet they are good being in Morganza , I am going to cook up that batch I got tomorrow , might do some cowboy beans or jambalaya and put some of it in it , I got 6 big links of it ----- 

Cubed meat that's deep fat fried and seasoned. The original is made from lamb but I prefer beef, it can be made from anything. I usually use a roast that's getting on the older side before we butcher again. Some of the best (most will say this is a waste) I had was from deer back straps. Melt in your mouth, deep fat fried goodness. lol  We do it mostly for a "finger food" when everyone is over to play darts, pool or cards. I think it's a local food to me but it's worth trying. The homemade chips just adds to the experience. 

• Like 2

On 2/7/2020 at 3:15 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

My granny used to make this back in the day... IMO it's the best cornbread I've ever eaten. ...almost a meal by its self....  I've altered it some... 

Mexican Cornbread

1 + 1/2 cups self rising corn meal mix white or yellow << only a 1/2 cup of white 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
Bake in a pre heated seasoned cast iron skillet @ 450 for 20 minutes +- it's off the HOOK good! Fish.... Pardon the delay .. I didn't forget lol.... It went great with that hurts giant Lima bean soup loaded with chopped ham , and rotel tomatoe s 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

i love cornbread.

Fishfiles; tried the Kerrygold butter, on ham samwich ,, think it will be good.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 10:10 PM, toodeep said:

We do it mostly for a "finger food" when everyone is over to play darts, pool or cards. I think it's a local food to me but it's worth trying. The homemade chips just adds to the experience. 

I have a pool table and dart board , we don't do cards , other things we do are ,  the corn hole throw and horse shoes

The pool table has been a lot of fun , not a weekend goes by that it doesn't get used , sometimes for 8 hours straight ----- it is outside under the carport , been there 11 years now and still in great condition , keep it covered ,  the table is very old to start with , I got it from a Tug Boat captain friend , it had sat in his garage for 20+ years covered and not used , it is a 1969  Valley's  Black Cat Money Maker  quarter play , he sold it to me for $250 { that's 1,000 games , LOL , got my money out of it } , took 8 people and two dollies to move it , the best $250 I ever spent ,  the original cue ball had a metal ball inside of  it so it would pass  a magnet on the inner chute and always go to the return hole on the breaking side of the table , I installed drop pockets and closed in the mechanism for money , it is about  ready for a recovering job , cause I let kids play on it , they want $300 to come to the house and recover it with original cloth and $500 he said he will do it in some kind of stuff that is  like Sombrello ( spell check ) that will last outside for ever ( almost ) , he told me he done a couple of tables in swimming pools , LOL , but he won't say if it would be kid proof LOL , my buddies son just got a table and he recovered it himself and did a nice job , but this is something I would leave to the professional ,  I feel bad but once it gets recovered I think I am going to require players having a drivers license to play and have a bunch of kids hating on me 

• Like 1

I never much ordered lamb when on menus , ate it a couple of times and it reminds me of goat , which ain't too bad it properly cooked -----  I have ate raccoon with sweet potates cooked  in the oven , I never cooked it and doubt I ever will , but to be friendly I tasted it and it wasn't bad , the 'coons got no problem with me hunting them , LOL --- I have eaten some crazy things , rattle snake , alligator , octopus , squids , nutria , sea snails , conchs , all kinds of sushi 

On February 7, 2020 at 2:15 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

Mexican Cornbread

1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup milk
1 egg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That looks good Wilson.

• Like 1

How to make a Mexican chilly

Mexican chili recipe.

Ingredients: one Mexican and a frozen pop sickle.

instructions Stick the pop sickle ........ 

this also works to make a Canadian chilly 

just swop the Mexican for a Canadian 

• Like 1

I had some store bought ground meat to use up before I had to feed it to the dog so it turned into jerkey.  First batch was done this morning and second will be done tonight. Kids love this stuff and with my keto kid its handy having low/no carb snacks around. 

20200211_094204.jpg

• Like 3

Sister in law , bless her heart , passed away in December , she use to give me the best presents for what ever occasion it was  , always something I could really use or really likes , I have a dehydrator and use to use it a lot and one year  she gave me a kit to make jerky from ground meat , it is like a big hyper-dermic needle with different attachments so when  you push out the meat it packs it into a shape ,  different thicknesses and widths depending on the tip ----- I ate some home made jerky from deer a couple of weeks back , good stuff 

Most of the time I use a jerky gun but this time I just rolled them into flat sheets and then cut them into strips after it's done in the dehydrator. A little less clean up since I can toss the wax paper into the fire and I knew I would have to do 2 batches with the 4.5 lbs of meat I had. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 7:18 AM, Fishfiles said:

I never much ordered lamb when on menus , ate it a couple of times and it reminds me of goat , which ain't too bad it properly cooked -----  I have ate raccoon with sweet potates cooked  in the oven , I never cooked it and doubt I ever will , but to be friendly I tasted it and it wasn't bad , the 'coons got no problem with me hunting them , LOL --- I have eaten some crazy things , rattle snake , alligator , octopus , squids , nutria , sea snails , conchs , all kinds of sushi 

like my food cooked. shrimp from the store, used them for bait, when i got hungry, fishing, put a few on the lantern. creek crayfish, we call them crawdad's, if you get a big one it can go on the lantern too.

Curing some bellies today. In a couple weeks move them to the smoker. Bacon is a weakness of mine. 

20200216_153958.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/13/2020 at 1:50 AM, LedFTed said:

like my food cooked. shrimp from the store, used them for bait, when i got hungry, fishing, put a few on the lantern. creek crayfish, we call them crawdad's, if you get a big one it can go on the lantern too.

I have eaten shrimp raw , still alive , right out the net , mostly on a dare , really not bad , if it came to Alone and Naked , I could handle eating , naked is the part that might give me trouble , food just seem to taste the same naked !!! 

Well.... I went (just about) all out for the race ....rib eye, a loaded salad, and loaded baked potatoe ....

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 3