Fishfiles

Food Channel

Did an early trip to Wally's World , they have the Stale Kracker seasonings now , got the Two Step, Gator Drool and the W Sauce ( which is not made ny the Kracker , rather by a couple of fisherman from Louisiana ) , I got to say I am VERY impressed with the taste of all three , I made a pot of cowboy beans this morning ,  to go with a smoked Boston Butt roast and some country ribs , just ate a bowl of  the beans , I put just the three Kracker products , no other  salt , pepper or anything else , WOW , I am impressed , it is very tasty but not fire 

lx9ccsbtR++W7ERJNkBxrQ.jpg

3GN9wBUfQsyR4vPBmy6kYw.jpg

66baHIYUSaeEJM%jnTWnMg.jpg

oVsx3HZ9RIyGdYc92ew4+A.jpg

1iVjswaQRUesdqXe7eNEaQ.jpg

I slacked off this winter and haven't done much cooking at all.  I was about out of bacon though so I can share that again. Dry cured for 2 weeks, smoked over some apple and hickory, then sliced and packaged yesterday. 

20230310_205122.jpg

20230310_214537.jpg

20230324_151441.jpg

20230325_170706.jpg

20230325_180821.jpg

20230325_190053.jpg

20230325_192257.jpg

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, toodeep said:

I slacked off this winter and haven't done much cooking at all.  I was about out of bacon though so I can share that again. Dry cured for 2 weeks, smoked over some apple and hickory, then sliced and packaged yesterday. 

20230310_205122.jpg

20230310_214537.jpg

20230324_151441.jpg

20230325_170706.jpg

20230325_180821.jpg

20230325_190053.jpg

20230325_192257.jpg

Wow , that bacon looks really good >>>

Some of that  bacon on toast , slice of tomato , with a lot of mayo and some grated cheddar cheese , hmmmm !!! 

I am going to follow Kid Rock’s lead. New rule.   No more Budweiser products in my refrigerator or on the premises. You want to drink bud , then go to Red Creek , Zona or Mississippi Mud Park or wear a dress. Lol 

• Haha 1

Kid Rock was/is one ! of an advertiser for them. His vid was the first I heard of that can or seen it. Still the only place i see or hear it is on FB, not in "real" life. Makes no difference to me though since I very seldom drink beer. Maybe there was an outrage with the farmer, hunting, NFL, NASCAR and all the other cans that I didn't hear about and this is getting them back??? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toodeep said:

Kid Rock was/is one ! of an advertiser for them. His vid was the first I heard of that can or seen it. Still the only place i see or hear it is on FB, not in "real" life. Makes no difference to me though since I very seldom drink beer. Maybe there was an outrage with the farmer, hunting, NFL, NASCAR and all the other cans that I didn't hear about and this is getting them back??? 

It is on certain  news channels this morning -------  Travis Tritt has also cut ties with Budweiser  

Travis Tritt Bans Bud Light From His Tour—Says Other Artists Doing the Same

image.png

• Like 1

I swapped beers , went back to Coors Banquet 5% after about 40 years of Coors Lite 4.2% , they are really good , cost the exact same , just have not found bottles yet and can only find them in a 6 pack or 12 pack of cans 

ftNNOaCFSP2RbRHr3S1ebw.jpg

You got a hangover this morning Fish? Them 34-degree Coors will do that.

10 minutes ago, riverc said:

You got a hangover this morning Fish? Them 34-degree Coors will do that.

You wouldn't think the difference between 4.2% and 5% beer would really amount to much , guess when you had 12 of them 5%s and a few 4.2%s ----

does my math sound right 12 x .8 = 9.6 divided by 4.2 = 2.28 --- so drinking 12 of 5% beers is like drinking 14.28 of 4.2% beers  ----  

I don't expect to see my wife till lunch time , she was drinking rum and coke ,  till the rum ran out then opened a bottle of Jack