Fishfiles

Food Channel

That okra looks special , that would be my first bite !!! 

Sparks don't fly too well in the rain , eh !!! 

i love okra. used ta grow it. bugs dont like it. taint squash plant's. bug's found my kale, a fungus found my garden. rot-leaf.

hard to get rid of that.

Edited by LedFTed
same

I would call these medium , sweet potatoes are really good in the boil  

nBoD4p7YQtq4VTwy1Em9Sg.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, Freedomflyer said:

Just eat the tails? can't imagine there's much anywhere else?

You squeeze the head while sucking and all the juice and fat taste great 

Mardi Gras cooking , I done up  some Jambalaya with chicken and hot sausage with some  BBQ yard bird , lots of fun preparing , LOL 

I got to participate in the Mamao Mardi Gras one year , worked offshore and some guys from there , who invited me to ride with them and spend the night , which is mandatory LOL , they leant me a horse and that horse was mean to me , LOL , I think they set me up ---- but man is it a good time , you ride from house to house and gather up all the chickens , guinne hens and what ever the people give you live or dead  for the gumbo at the end of the ride  , they let the birds go and everyone chases it , you are the man  if you catch one , lots of drinking going on , that 2019 video above is not really exactly what I seen , but I went 30 years ago ---- tradition cares on 

bYz%zs5ZR+mA8osTqXJueg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_b87.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

The Gumbo looks good!

FF , You talking about the " gumbo " that the lady is fixing in the video , or that stuff I got on the stove , which is " Jambalaya " , which they way I cook it is like gumbo without all the liquid and no file ( ground up sassafras leaves ) ------------ them boys down Mamou way will eat their gumbo with a scoop of potato salad in the middle of the bowl , where over this way we use rice 

48 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

🤢🤮👎

Once you suck the head of my crawfish , you will never not suck them , LOL 

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Once you suck the head of my crawfish , you will never not suck them , LOL 

Hey who ever reads this,that's as honest as man can be lol.

• Like 1

What you have on the stove! Looks delicious!  Dont think I could do th crawfish head sucking🤐🤢😵😧

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We actually have a restaurant  here called Cafe' Zaidico that serves unbelievable jambalaya and gumbo grray cajun food. The guy that owns it is from New Orleans and has been open for the last 20 years. Good stuff!

• Like 1

That's garlic , onions , green pepper , celery , mushrooms , can of Rotell tomatoes , shot of Lea and Perrins , stick of butter , fried down till soft , then throw in  hot sausage , chicken and partially cooked ,  then added water and two cans of Mushroom and Herb Cambell condensed soup for cooking  , drop in the rice mix ,  bring that to a boil , then simmer for 25 minutes 

11 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

What you have on the stove! Looks delicious!  Dont think I could do th crawfish head sucking🤐🤢😵😧

LoL

• Like 1

When them crawfish are really big and fat and the shell too hard to squeeze  , you can pull the head shell back and run your finger thru and scoop up all that fat , yum !!! 

• Like 1

Boiled 37 pounds of crawfish yesterday , it was a fairly clean batch of pond raised 'dads , that pic was the first purge , sweet potato in the boil is about the best thing , love the skin , done up some  cauliflower which is  pretty good also ------  had some mushrooms stuffed with green onion hot sausage and  burgers on the grill , backed mac as always and a chocolate doe'bash cake for the wife's belated birthday bash ---then went and rode to dark 

fullsizeoutput_b8a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_b95.jpeg

3eAoteHTQFi+PPXsU9hscQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_b94.jpeg

gtV528rlQCic25h7eNS0FQ.jpg

• Like 4

That stuff looks good......

My wife is allergic to crawdads.  Sucks because I really like them.  My favorite are the regular idaho potatoes cooked in the boil.  Love that heat, but since she's allergic I don't get it often anymore.

• Like 1

I like the potatoes too , brown ones , yellow ones , red ones , it don't matter -----  but you got to try sweet potato , it is the next level ----- my wife eats a few , but she is not the best at peeling them , so it is not many that she eats  , I seen her tray this weekend , maybe 10 or so 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 11:06 AM, jeepwm69 said:

That stuff looks good......

My wife is allergic to crawdads.  Sucks because I really like them.  My favorite are the regular idaho potatoes cooked in the boil.  Love that heat, but since she's allergic I don't get it often anymore.

is she allergic to all shellfish too?

i got 64 shrimp at the store ate 24 the 1st. day, 40 the 2nd.

i made buttermilk pancake's tonight. best batch i ever made. used the recipe in the fanny farmer cook book, added concentrated  lemon juice. nice. not doughy. fluffy even.

course, i only made buttermilk pancakes twice. lol  put irish butter in the mix also. KerryGold.

i made cornbread, with minced onions in it in an iron skillet, cooked black bean's on the stove, with diced tomatoes, and onions, and i baked catfish in stove[unfortunately it had skin on it] with diced mator's, onion's,and concentrated lemon juice on top, [wernt no fresh lemon juice]... i was the only one that et this. Tasted good. i went from 136.4 to 132.4. i ate it over three day's. was never hungry. the brother is satisfied with MC D's, Pizza, store bought junk, an wonder's why he cant loose weight. I might mention, i cut out soft drink's. i got up to one a day. 12oz. i still drank my Bud an JB Maple. i want to cut weight to 125. been doing it for three years. not trying though.

a 12 oz., soft drink once a day will keep 5 lbs., on you. that was when i was in training. 1979. imagine what happens when you are stationary. i had to erase some, was too political in a way. conspiracy theory. had to do with kid's. Let's just say it aint like it used to be and leave it at that. We need a private chat room here., so it dont offend someone.

for now i will settle with E-mail. nuff said

• Like 1

baked asparagus at 350 on pizza pan applied some butter when done, et it all. side dish's were chick pea's with chopped onions,some butter, an stewed mator's with italian spice, garlic powder, an too much black pepper. asparagus tasted kinda like corn on the cob. i et 13 stalks, still got some chick peas. an stewed mator's, on top of my egg's they might go good in the morning. chick peas are 75% protein, taste buttery natural. {[just the fact's mam]. Dragnet. }