Fishfiles

Food Channel

looks tasty! i recall a member from the old forums who would fit right in on the cooking thread .. i think his handle was bullfoot ?? he has some mad cooking skills. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PROV said:

I smoked a lake trout yesterday. Mmmmm...... It's the fish on the left. Released the other one.

IMG_20200515_143626005.jpg

IMG_2881.JPG

,""

That looks good....I really enjoyed catching the lakers on Blue Mesa Res. (Gunnison CO) never had them smoked.I would fillet mine and deep fry liked the ones 15"-20" caught them down rigging with squids 30-80'.

""

• Like 2

^^^^. Cut them Fish fillets  into thin small fingerlings pieces.  Zatarains fish fried crispy deep fried  With ketchup horseray lemon and wish’ter’shire sauce and I don’t care if it is shoe pick.  It is a fine meal 

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

PROV,  About 12 pounds in your right hand ???? 

About 8 pounds. Them Canadian lakers are lean.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2020 at 6:33 AM, Fishfiles said:

Ted , wonder if any one got any seagull and pigeon recipes , chicken might be a thing of the past with the way things are going 

Don't knock that  air frier , it is OK , not really crispy like Mama's stove top deep grease fried chicken , but it is eatable , doesn't make as much mess , saves money on oil  , easier to clean up and not that a give a crap , but would guess it is healthier for you with out all the grease ----- I usually find anything health is not that good of taste , but just about everything that is fun and enjoyable falls in three categories , bad for your heath , against the law or a sin 

Ted , not sure but I think your method of oven cooked chicken was hi-jacked from  Kentucky Fried Chicken , it is ok , but Popeye's  blows them away 

they eat pigeon in France, not to mention horses, you might pick up a few recipes, i dont know about seagull. [i hear pigeon lips is a delicious, an a deliciosity in France].     

i couldn't imagine someone eating horse meat ...  such a noble animal ... but now cows... hogs, and chickens...  i can completely understand.... Ted, i have a great love for horses... i grew up riding ... even had a fair shair of bites, and kicks.. i actually miss riding very much! your post reminds me of a my red Appaloosa gelding, if i had him as a colt he would have never been cut!  and  likely produced great off spring! 17 hands ... and very much spirited.  would have made a great roping horses, i believe he had some paint in his blood line.. i just can't recall that far back.... 

Edited by _Wilson_™

People eat some weird stuff -----  The Vietnamese fisherman eat seagulls , site to see , well I never actually seen them eat them , but have seen them catch them , they tie a hook to a hand line , put a fish on for bait , drag the bait behind the boat in the wake , the seagull comes down and eats the bait and gets hooked in the mouth , they pull them in and tie their wings behind their backs , then tie them up so the can run off , when they are ready to eat them , they butcher them up , they are not that big into icing things down ------ they also take all the little fish from the trawl ( by-catch ) , put it into one of them big job site water coolers with the spicket on the bottom , they let that mix ferment raw till it makes a juice , and put the juice on top of rice , I have seen them eat that 

• Confused 2

Bam , kicking  it up a notch in the Ninja stove top/slow cooker  , spaghetti and 50/50 pork/ground meat meatballs , onions  , green peppers , garlic and celery  , Emeril's Roasted Garlic sauce , and a can of Rotel mild -- granddaughter spent the night and it is her favorite 

fullsizeoutput_c8a.jpeg

icQ+k9ZdQeCT%1P2mpO2tg.jpg

• Like 3

My wife is a dang good cook. I learned to cook a long time ago. My mom has her own gig making salsa, pies, cakes, cookies, lumpia... a nice long list. My mother in law throws down also. I grilled some burgers yesterday and I swear the 80/20 meat was more like 70/30 with all the grease. Ready to get some deer meat back into the freezer. back in '05 when we got married, the wife made some lasagna. Watery as all get out! She asked me how it was...... so I told her. Can't remember how that went over but it was much better the next day haha. I don't think she drained the water from the canned tomatoes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

My wife is a dang good cook. I learned to cook a long time ago. My mom has her own gig making salsa, pies, cakes, cookies, lumpia... a nice long list. My mother in law throws down also. I grilled some burgers yesterday and I swear the 80/20 meat was more like 70/30 with all the grease. Ready to get some deer meat back into the freezer. back in '05 when we got married, the wife made some lasagna. Watery as all get out! She asked me how it was...... so I told her. Can't remember how that went over but it was much better the next day haha. I don't think she drained the water from the canned tomatoes. 

My wife can cook , but hmmm , I better not say anything ------   What's lumpia ? ----My ex-mother in law could cook a mean lasagna , it was her signature dish ,  she used 3 cheeses and three meats , pulled Boston Butt roast , pork ground meat and ground neat , 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 2:47 PM, Scotticus said:

Smoked Trout

trout.jpg

That is some pretty fish , so is that two rainbows and a brown , I am a fisherman , but from the south and don't know much about them brook fish .... 

53 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

My wife can cook , but hmmm , I better not say anything ------   What's lumpia ? ----My ex-mother in law could cook a mean lasagna , it was her signature dish ,  she used 3 cheeses and three meats , pulled Boston Butt roast , pork ground meat and ground neat , 

I guess the easiest way to explain it is a Mexican egg roll with pork or beef in it and not much else. I mean , the lasagna was shaking like a jello mold lol. I have learned over the years to take a better approach. My mom made pickles last year and they were terrible, VERY salty so I called her. She had no idea and was glad I told here because it was some she was going to be selling. 

• Like 2

This is a brook trout. The only trout native to PA. They are the PA state fish.  If the water temperature goes above 68 degrees they die.

IMG_0182.jpg

Edited by Scotticus
  • Like 3

On 5/18/2020 at 2:53 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

i couldn't imagine someone eating horse meat ...  such a noble animal ... but now cows... hogs, and chickens...  i can completely understand.... Ted, i have a great love for horses... i grew up riding ... even had a fair shair of bites, and kicks.. i actually miss riding very much! your post reminds me of a my red Appaloosa gelding, if i had him as a colt he would have never been cut!  and  likely produced great off spring! 17 hands ... and very much spirited.  would have made a great roping horses, i believe he had some paint in his blood line.. i just can't recall that far back.... 

the chestnut horse in my avatar is my favorite, she was a baby in 2008. i got bit, kicked more than once, an i still like her the best. she cant handle alfalfa.

makes her mean. my bro-in-law keeps feeding alfalfa to her.[he knows more than i do about horses, according to him]. lol

P.S. Pigeons dont have lips.

Edited by LedFTed
why not

I am with you Ted, horses do not run well on alfalfa, My daughter will give them a handful once in a while as a treat, but other wise it is good prairie hay. If they cannot be out in the pasture.

• Like 1

Man that must have done damage to that guy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Melatv said:

Man that must have done damage to that guy

I was thinking the same thing Mel , it look like teeth flying or maybe a chunk of lip ---- I wonder sometimes if  'Ted may have gotten kicked harder than that !!!! 

• Like 2

I’m sorry... but I literally can’t stop laughing! That’s funny as !, but my gawd I feel bad for buddy... lucky he didn’t get killed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If that horse kicked me like that , he would never kick anyone else , cause  I would be making sausage out of him 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shrade said:

I am with you Ted, horses do not run well on alfalfa, My daughter will give them a handful once in a while as a treat, but other wise it is good prairie hay. If they cannot be out in the pasture.

they got plenty of grazing land, they stay next to the barn during the day. he thinks they are starved. they get fat in the summer, he would still give them alfalfa. the are of arab blood, and are cobs. gretta is only 42 hands.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I was thinking the same thing Mel , it look like teeth flying or maybe a chunk of lip ---- I wonder sometimes if  'Ted may have gotten kicked harder than that !!!! 

i got stomped in Ocala. 4 compound fractures of the front left rib cage on three ribs, punctured lung, and a bruised spleen. ya know what a dimeral drip is? every 3.45 hours i'd wake and push the button, for the nurse. i got tubed also. they run the tube through your nose to your stomach. 🤢

i didnt have to eat for 5 days. guess they fed me while i was asleep.

Edited by LedFTed
because
  • Sad 1

you always have to watch your back around horses... no matter how well you THINK you know the animal!! my worst was being thrown... many near misses on kicks ... and one bite.. that particular  horse ... didnt forget... one good wound up punch in the nose!! however ... I've  seen many horses smarter then a few people around my area.. lol! 

a spirited stud is the worst by far!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2