Fishfiles

Food Channel

Oh yea , that ice chest of Coors and Cokes is just for me , cause the refrigerator is full !!! LOL 

That looks like a pig out meal (Eat till Stuffed).Well my Christmas lunch will be at the nursing home with mom.Sorry Dad won't be able to eat,he's on a feeder tube.

Dinner for us will be leftover beef roast,cheesy au gratin potatoes,mac & cheese and black eyed peas.

• Like 1

Your a one man army fish...... All that  looks tasty!  I can't compete with that.... I did a simple..... Cajun 15 bean soup, sadly a Christmas gathering with my family has been called off this year, just about everyone has the flu.... Hopefully New Years will be a go 🙂 i reckon with this warm weather more people (out and about then average)  passed the bug around, that's all i can figure... 

• Like 1

If I don't eat another thing all day it is good with me , it's only 10:30 and dinner is for 12 , I already sampled , sampled and sampled again 

4 1/2 hours on low crock pot on the roast , took it out pulled/ cut all the meat off the bone and put the meat back into the gravy for another 1 1/2 hours with the top off to thicken up that gravy , you won't need a knife 

Oh My!!! I'm still waiting to eat Christmas dinner, but after reading through this thread i fell like i all ready gained 10 lbs!!!

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 4:59 AM, Fishfiles said:

Jeffo , is there a animal mascot related to the Oklahoma program , looking for something to cook on Saturday for the game , isn't OU  the Sooners and pull a wagon with horses , then maybe some horse sausage would be in order , which believe it or not is big out in the Acadiana country side  and gettable  >>>>  would guess your having tiger , that could be expensive and a little hard to find ..... seen LSU arrive in Atlanta this morning , the count down to kick off  has begun ------- going to take a stab at the final score , my prediction 37-24 LSU 

Sooners were folks who snuck over and staked claims before they were supposed to when the land was divvyed up. 

Texas fans call them land thieves lol

• Like 1

LoL that is horrible Fish. Horses are not for eating they are for riding. now I might can find a road kill possum or armadillo to throw into the pot if you wish. !

• Like 1

I was going to edit that other post .... And add my simple meal, but..... No edit option (timed out) 

Cajun 15 bean soup

image.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeffo21 said:

LoL that is horrible Fish. Horses are not for eating they are for riding. now I might can find a road kill possum or armadillo to throw into the pot if you wish. !

One time I was working on a machine at the new court house out in the country , operator is a good friend and he says you hungry , lets go to that little store over there , this building looked 100+ years old , so we go in and ask the guy if he had sandwiches and he says no , but said he had some sausage he would throw on his hot plate and give us some slice bread for $5 , so he cooked the sausage and told us it was horse sausage , I was hungry and will try about anything so I ate it and it was good , so my buddy liked it so much that he got the guy to sell him a second pack to take home ---- the old man was saying that it is popular in the country with the French people and in France it is on the menus ----- I only ate it once , but if it would help LSU win , I would go lasso a horse , LOL 

I know what I am going to be eating for the game Saturday , left overs for Christmas , got a lot left over  

17 hours ago, jeffo21 said:

lol well we will see

It won't be long till we know ---- It is about 34 hours to kick off , I am feeling a lot better about the game today , I think it is going to be a blow out , something like LSU 42 / OU 10 

• Like 1

Fish I really think you ate some bad gumbo or something you are seeing things that just aren't meant to be. OU 34 LSU 21.

• Like 1

Haven't made stuffed bell poppers in a while...... So with all the Eminence flooding , there wasn't much to get into yesterday except cook something i don't often cook.... So. Between doing a furness repiar , and pumping flood waters ..... I fixed rice beef stuffed pepper , i did a twist on these, what i cleaned out, i tossed in a blender, and then mixed in with  the stuffing.... And topped 2 of them with cheese, to my surprise .... They (the cheese topped) turned out mouth watering! 

image.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/27/2019 at 7:40 PM, LedFTed said:

@Fishfiles ; sister said she would mail the chili powder today. she forgot. must run in the family...

Thanks 'ted , I got the chili mix yesterday , now I am  looking to do some chili for the New Years Eve party 

Wilson that looks really good , like the way they looked cooked well as the skin is wrinkled ------ a little slice of butter and a slice of lemon on top when cooking kicks them up a notch , BAM !!! 

Been eating stuffed peppers since I was a kid , one of my top 5 favorites dishes  , I do it with a different twist , bread stuffing with shrimp ------ have had it all kinds of ways , ground meat and rice .... soaked in red gravy ....  w/ ham ....  boudin sausage .... crab meat 

Have you ever ate a Mexican chili releno stuffed with shrimp and cheese , I just made myself hungry 

On 12/27/2019 at 8:51 AM, jeffo21 said:

Fish I really think you ate some bad gumbo or something you are seeing things that just aren't meant to be. OU 34 LSU 21.

I had some gumbo yesterday , buddies' wife brought over some okra , turkey and sausage , pretty good     but  seafood gumbo is my favorite 

Thanks fish! 

Been eating stuffed peppers since I was a kid , one of my top 5 favorites dishes

same here... Lol

I do it with a different twist , bread stuffing with shrimp

I'll defiantly be trying that way ^^^ next time.... Lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I had some gumbo yesterday , buddies' wife brought over some okra , turkey and sausage , pretty good     but  seafood gumbo is my favorite 

We had chicken,shrimp and sausage gumbo last night.Just got done with a bowl for lunch.Headed to the deer stand shortly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Wilson that looks really good , like the way they looked cooked well as the skin is wrinkled ------ a little slice of butter and a slice of lemon on top when cooking kicks them up a notch , BAM !!! 

Been eating stuffed peppers since I was a kid , one of my top 5 favorites dishes  , I do it with a different twist , bread stuffing with shrimp ------ have had it all kinds of ways , ground meat and rice .... soaked in red gravy ....  w/ ham ....  boudin sausage .... crab meat 

Have you ever ate a Mexican chili releno stuffed with shrimp and cheese , I just made myself hungry 

Besides cajun food Mexican is tops.Wife and I love those Chili releno's.Don Jose's grill in Baton Rouge has good stuffed shrimp and cheese releno's.

El Patio in new roads has good stuffed ground beef and cheese releno's.

• Like 2

Okay I’ll give you members the secret.

i use Szeged steak rub on the meat. For the liquid: sautéed onions and shrooms, vegetable stock, tomato paste, Better than Bouillion seasoned vegetable base, dried parsley, bay leaf, thyme, and instead of red wine i used some sweetened cranberry relish-

@Goober   in regards to this ^^^ are the defined portions of any of the ingredients ? PM me, or post here, ether will work, i plan on making this tomorrow .... For my beef stew. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

@Goober   in regards to this ^^^ are the defined portions of any of the ingredients ? PM me, or post here, ether will work, i plan on making this tomorrow .... For my beef stew. 

Great question depends on how much you’re going to make. If using 1-2 quarts of stock, the a half can of paste, tablespoon of the Better Than Bouillon and teaspoons of the dry spices and 1 bay leaf are good start.

dont want to make it too tomatoey cause it overwhelms the broth flavor 

• Like 1

The wife had a disaster cooking yesterday and tried to blame me , she cooked a pot of meatballs and sauce and boiled spa'getti and put Basil in it ,then found out the Basil had black mold in the bottom of the container cause it was from 2014 , I told her I didn't buy that Basil and never ever put any in any thing I ever cooked , I threw the entire pot away 

6 QT crock pot probably 3/4 full INCLUDED with the liquid two medium potatoes .... Hand full of sliced carrots one sweet onion, a small can of sweet peas 1.12 lbs  of stew meat , and a and heaping hand full of Brussels sprouts.... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1