Fishfiles

Food Channel

Not on any of my recipe list , but as a public service announcement for all the brain dead ,  don't cook your chicken in Ny-quil , lol

Seem to be a big thing as of lately >>>  we are overrun with stupidity  

image.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Not on any of my recipe list , but as a public service announcement for all the brain dead ,  don't cook your chicken in Ny-quil , lol

Seem to be a big thing as of lately >>>  we are overrun with stupidity  

image.png

Just pour a little in and it’s good tasting

Fish.......... I'm glad you posted about this.....but i have a feeling soon we'll  be asked to show 3 or 4 proofs of ID, LE new about this cough sirup abuse... Because teens were doing this mixture, cough sirup, and cold drinks >>>  (pop, or cola drinks) for at least a few years. 

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Fish.......... I'm glad you posted about this.....but i have a feeling soon we'll  be asked to show 3 or 4 proofs of ID, LE new about this cough sirup abuse... Because teens were doing this mixture, cough sirup, and cold drinks >>>  (pop, or cola drinks) for at least a few years. 

I am usually up with the current news , I never heard of coughing chicken before , what next 

The other day was the 1st I've heard about it too it was on the HLN network direct channel 204, and I've not heard any other news outlet speek about this,  kids (teens are doing this for the (sp) husaligenic effect one would think this would be news of the up most importance, but what do they talk they about ? Same ol BS

had a mini explosion while cooking this Friday evening when warming up for some stuff , double thick pork chops  , that piece of rusty metal next to the Sweet Baby Rays was a bracket that held the burner tube in place , it fell off and the tube fell into the pit , I have a habit of turning on the gas and hitting the electronic ignitor while the top is still closed , and I will let it heat up and burn off the drippings  from last time using it , well I hit the ignitor button a few times and then the top flew up about 12 inches and slammed back down  , must have had just the right combo of gas and air , turn off that burner and finished cooking with the other 2 burners 

So Saturday morning I made the rounds , Home Dept , Lowes and Academy looking at a new pit , was looking and it takes  $ 600-$1,000 to get a nice pit these days , went home and cut , drilled , grinded and fixed the one I have , hope to get a couple more years out of it 

Sunday chicken thighs and legs 

26rBGKX9TgKw4bhlzVdXkQ.jpg

MBXN+RlhRNGbk3WqEvrrBQ.jpg

2L0eJruOR+6h18hWmFO9wQ.jpg

FjtrQw%aS3mCG%Uk4sBJ7w.jpg

• Like 4

I didn't post before it changed over to Tuesday......(just a couple hour shy) but i don't use salt (very small amount) as I've been constantly changing my diet to the much healthy rout and it's paying off great! But the draw back is seasoning, i can't stand bland food.... So I've been looking around, and I've always used dash, but just regular .... Check these out! I had no idea they made this many options and not a grain of salt in any one of these..... And oddly enough the taste is quiet powerful ..... I've also swopped from ground black pepper to whole white pepper corn..... That i grind  myself, plus No Salt, which to me taste even better then regular sea salt. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Wow , that is a lot of different Dashes ------- I would pour all the bottles of flavor into one big container , shake it up and whoop there it is 

Few recent meal pics ------- we done boiled crabs this weekend past , never took any pics , we had about 25 people over , super spreader event , LOL 

My buddy who caught the crabs had 15 freshwater blue catfish that he caught and gave me , yesterday morning I cleaned them , I have about 8 crabs left over , plan on picking the meat from them crabs today , fry that catfish crispy in olive oil  , put that picked  crab meat on top the fillets then pour some butter , garlic and lemon sauce over the top , not sure if I am going with pasta or mash potatoes 

ZvwThmhxRSKXOScchlwdJA.jpg

LneaS+opR4+Qx14OPMUeJA.jpg

JfcHp8cVS1qN2EU8xINtUQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1048.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1020.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow , that is a lot of different Dashes ------- I would pour all the bottles of flavor into one big container , shake it up and whoop there it is 

Haha! Be for warned i had spaghetti last night, and while i cooking ..... Taste tested each one...... Brother..... Imma tell ya that fiesta  lime and lemon pepper are very strong! When i tasted the fiesta lime.... Wow! So it won't take much of that to go completely over kill...same with the lemon pepper, it's more lemon then pepper .... The onion & herd is really good, well..... There all good, but a few it just takes a pinch .... The garlic and herb ..... Is Purdy good, but dashes doesnt even come close to McCormicks roasted garlic & herb and mater garlic and herd is off the chain!! Honestly ..... I was pleasantly surprised at how stronge the taste is, now when i open the cabinet door i almost have to let a sneeze out......haha! 

• Like 1

Well...... Cooking soup with this new cooker was super fast...... I had to replace the other 8 quart with this 6 quart .... I looked, and looked and got the WestBend two in one, it's the biggest model they make, THAT I could find that's a slow cooker / gritddle ..... Plus the container is not ceramic and the Westbend  griddle IS a none stick serface,,,, anyways good old fashion veg soup, and sweet cornbread... Should hit the spot. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

I had some good soup weekend past , buddy Vic's girlfriend made some shrimp soup ,  I interviewed her and checked out her culinary skills , LOL 

It was like a clam chowder or corn/crab bisque , said she put onions , celery , garlic , parsley ,  a pound of good butter , container of whipping cream , shrimp , shucked yellow corn from the can , chopped mushrooms and broccoli  and I was drinking so I might have forgot something , but it was very tasty 

Should have taken a pic , last night I cooked for the wife , crispy fried catfish , topped with fresh hand picked Lake Pontchartrain lump crab meat , with a butter garlic , lemon sauce  , served with  some leftover baked mac ----wow , it was good --- wife and I both agreed that it tasted much  like a soft shell crab 

I almost had a bad mistake on the fried catfish , I like to drop the fillets in when the oil hits 350F , I have a infrared gun , it was taking a long time to get hot , it was at 245C and I thought something wrong , so I shook a battered fillet over the pan and the drippings of Zatarain's Fish Fry  sizzled hard , I knew right away that it was on Celsius , so it was about 475 F , wow , when I dropped them fillets the sizzled , which worked out well in the end as they were crispy 

• Like 2

I just got done doing some bacon. We go through a lot of it so I'll be set for a few months.  

20221030_100948.jpg

20221030_110053.jpg

20221029_120135.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, toodeep said:

I just got done doing some bacon. We go through a lot of it so I'll be set for a few months.  

Nice , I don't think I  have ever seen bacon processed before , that looks  so good  !!!   ---- 

* I do like me a crispy BLT on toast , with heavy mayo   .....   bacon is good with about anything 

Friday evening I cooked up  ribeyes for the wife and I ,  covered in butter , garlic and Lea and Perrins  >>>>   check out that price , think I did well , when the butcher repackages them , sprinkles the seasoning on them and knocks the price down , I buy them and freeze them  , usually those two steaks are about $25 lately 

rM6mg3x+R5OB0%xr%w9Myw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1050.jpeg

ZvwThmhxRSKXOScchlwdJA.jpg

LneaS+opR4+Qx14OPMUeJA.jpg

• Like 2