Fishfiles

Food Channel

I got an Emeril Lagasse AirFryer 360 from Santa. I cooked some shee-con wang in it—30 minutes and came out perfectly crisp and juicy. Mo betta than you’ll ever get at Buffalo Wild Wing

23FCF380-5CD4-4C99-8C8F-D5AC9B316D16.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 3

^^^^ i'd like to learn more about these air fryer's. i hate stuff cooked in soy bean oil, veg-oil. fried is oily, non crisp. Crisco in the can. treated cotton seed oil, and maybe soy bean oil. ok i just read this the other day. it may not be cotton seed, least it was crispy.

fish fried in soybean oil, not only crispy, the fish you buy at the supermarket, injected with water. ya cant fry it anyway. its just mush. i quit buying catmush, i mean catfish.

should I open a bottle of lobster or a bottle of bar clams.....hmmmmm

IMG_20200101_190139.jpg

• Like 2

'Ted , I mixed a bag of the chili power that you gave me with my mixed seasoning mix , garlic powder , onion powder , ground black pepper , salt , McCormicks Roasted garlic and Herbs and some "udder" stuff  , then generously put it on chicken legs and country style ribs , everyone really liked it , it is a Cajun/Mex kind of taste ----- next morning the wife made breakfast and I put some Cajun/Mex seasoning on my scrabbled eggs with cheese and it really kicked it up a notch 

The air frier is ok , not nearly as good as deep frying in oil when it comes to chicken or shrimp , but quick and easy , I like you don't have to stand over it and watch it , you don't waste a lot of oil , and the one I got is very easy clean up ----- it is real good at warming up some left over pizza 

TB , Clam Chowder and -----  Lobster Thermidor is a French dish consisting of a creamy mixture of cooked lobster meat, egg yolks, and brandy (often cognac). It can also be served with an oven-browned cheese crust, typically Gruyère. The sauce must contain mustard (typically powdered mustard). 

• Like 2

@Fishfiles; i hoped ya wouldnt mind that chili powder. its kind of a sleeper, as eat, warm comes later. mustard is never to be under-estimated with cooking, as garlic powder., i forgot onion powder. my moms hamburgers always tasted better than my siblings could make. she wouldnt tell them she used garlic powder. i dont think she told me she used onion powder. i think i kinda understand why.

she cooked a lot of things, but would not tell anyone how she did it.

now the question is, how to get an air frier, as good as a deep frier. i knew some of the/most commercials were hype. if it sounds too good to be true, as magic, most likely, it aint true..

i'd like to see that guy, take a boat in shark infested water, that "he" put together. bet he wouldnt be smiling then.

just a bit on ingredients. my brother likes Kroger junk. he also got sinus problems, plus a dedication to union stores. makes for a bad combination of ingredients. {this aint political, its a problem with smell}, if ya cant smell exactly what ya eat, then ya cant buy what taste the best, no matter the price.

save-a-lot, still has some good tasting products, in a can. mostly tomato, as diced, sauce. they did start selling some good bacon. least better than most. I'm trying to think of a reason to shop there, they still sell black beans, chic peas, an some other things i like.. is a reason to still shop there.

that hot sauce. forgot the name at the moment, best i ever got.. it last for years in a bottle, least ya got siblings, they see it turn brown some, an throw it away.. Sorry for moaning some/much, my Italian spice, was thrown away. granted, the bottom of the plastic got some melted, the rest of the container was OK. if/only, i had the name of who made it. some spices last a long time.. i been trying to find something similar for way over 5 years.

the women stabbings/siblings, i dont know how,nor why they do these things. let sleeping dogs lay. i dont mind if my coffee cup is 3 weeks over due for a warsh. it aint like coffee, even taste like coffee.. besides, some water, with a little bit of bleach, will clean the coffee stain out. even/if i got good coffee, i will use the same cup, over an over. saves washing. 6 o/z. two maybe more on occasion. Ha Ha, is true though.

I hear you 'Ted 

as far as making fried things crispy in the air fryer , try Pam Olive Oil spray   , one very quick spray over the battered meat , helps it to crisp 

dice tomatoes ,try Rotel , a little spicy

hot sauce try Chaula or ElPatio -----  Louisiana Hot Sauce and Tabasco are both too vinegar'y for me  

tonight  is Friday and I am required by  " law " to take the wife out to eat or be sentenced to a weekend from ! , LOL ------ right now ,  I got an urge for ;  my order " I'll have the  pan fried soft shell crab , top with lump crab meat , with the  butter , lemon and garlic sauce and could I have some extra sauce over that crab , the loaded baked potato and can you put some of that butter , lemon garlic sauce on that potato , with the grilled asparagus and you can put some of that butter , lemon and garlic sauce over them too , you can hold the house salad , and then maybe the chocolate cheese cake and coffee  for  dessert   @ Jamie Brown's in Lacombe and I would bet 10 -1 the wife orders meatball and pasta , house salad with Ranch and the bread pudding , man I better go to work so I can pay for this , date night can get expensive 

• Like 1

'Ted , I made some chili yesterday and used the Bloemer's Chili Mix you put me on , I put one bag in and felt it needed another ,  so how many bags do you put in a pot of chili ??   I started to add another 3rd  bag of the chili mix  to the pot , but just added some straight chili more  powder 

this is what I put in that chili , onions , garlic , green papper, celery , two cans diced tomatoes , 1 can Rotel tomatoes w/ habereno peppers , 2 cans of tomato sauce , 1.5 pounds of ground sirloin and 1 pound of grounded pork , Chahula sauce , mixed powered seasonings ---- it was a hit ,everyone was loving it ,  then I got the idea to put some baked mac with cheese in a bowl and put the chili on top of it , had everyone doing it , what a combination 

Iu9VRIZaSFuaD6l4y04sIA.jpg

Fish.... I looked for that chili season..... Never did come across it.... And with the cold temps finally getting here... I believe it's time for some spicey chili... Lol so.... Sometime this coming week.. .... I make my favorite recipe.

2 lbs. coarsely-ground lean beef or venison
2 large green bell peppers, chopped ( i used orange, and yellow )
2 fresh jalapeño chiles, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/3 cup chili powder
1 tbsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 (14-1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes ( i used mexican rotel )
1/4 tsp. dried ground hot peppers of your choice: (cayenne, jalapeño, habanero, etc.)
2 bay leaves
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce  ( i used Campbell's tomato juice to doctor the taste up )
6 cups water or beef broth ( no broth )
2 (15-1/2 oz.) cans kidney or pinto beans 
Sauté meat, bell peppers, fresh Jalapeños, onions, celery, and garlic in a Dutch oven with a small amount of oil. Drain. Stir in all other ingredients except beans. Cover and simmer one hour,  stirring occasionally. Add beans and simmer another 15 minutes. Makes about a gallon of the tastiest, most satisfying chili you ever ate. ( i did mine in a slow cooker after the ingredients sautéed ) 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Wilson , looks good !!!!   ----- when I first meet the wife , chili was something she cooked a lot and liked , with mash potatoes , I got to admit they good together good , but anyways , she used to put beans in her chili , now I have her where she likes it better with out beans , Saints /Vikings at 12 ET , better get cooking ----- 

"Wilson , that seasoning is 'Ted's favorite , it said made in Kentucky on the pack , it should be around your area for sure

I lived on chili and chocolate malts when I broke my jaw, orbital , nose , cheek bone  and had my teeth wired shut for 19 weeks, th'was a Honda ATC250ES ---- guess  that is why I don't feel bad about yanking a rear end out of one and throwing it to the side and killing it , LOL 

• Like 2

I remember when we talked about that ... Talk about an ouch! Kind of makes me laugh a TAD... cause you i both have been talking over tooth issues 😐  I'll sure look some more! .... I've actually made that with no beans, it's not bad at all (ether way) i don't I've made it with black beans.... I was thinking over that old thread, and thought.... We haven't seen BullFoot in a while! I might try and get holt of him ....

• Like 1

Got some squids for tomorrow and boiled them today , marinated them in olive oil , vinegar and lemon juice , there might not be any left tomorrow , ummmmm ! I wish they sold a bag of nothing but the heads , they  are tasty !!! 

fullsizeoutput_b3d.jpeg

• Like 2

dang Fish that is nothing more than fish bait! Now if you want some real food come to Okla I will cook you a nice Rib eye or some good Mountain oysters.

• Like 1

Yeah, I would skip those squiggly things also. 

The only fish I like is filets.  Just plain fish mean.

I'll skip the pork too, except for the bacon.

But rib eyes?  Yes, those are for me.  We have a good source for them here. 

Turkey, yes.  I cooked one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas.  Last a nice long time.

dc

• Like 1

I hear you on the rib-eyes , they are my favorite steak for sure  , I like them cooked well with a little crispness on the grizzle -  and a little dizzle - wizzle and some fizzle butter /garlic sauce on top 

Today is dry rubbed "poke" ribs , going to wrap the racks in double foil , close them up , about 2 hours of cooking on low heat , never open them , then when I do open them , cook them till all the juice is gone , maybe my French speaking friends out there can tell me if this is right  " sa'sa' bon " , means something like Good Eats or real good 

3 votes on the Rib eyes, medium rare over a 500+ degree grill with some Mikes seasoning, don't get any better than that! 👍

@Fishfiles, just a pack, if that, of chilli powder, plus some other stuff. the kids growing up, have no taste buds, so ya cant spike it. they wont eat chilli, if its got onions, black beans, or diced mators. was a time, i didnt know of black beans. learned that in florida, back in 86. learned a lot, at the horse farm.

use what ya need to of chilli powder, that i sent, is a good brand.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:50 PM, jeffo21 said:

dang Fish that is nothing more than fish bait! Now if you want some real food come to Okla I will cook you a nice Rib eye or some good Mountain oysters.

i hear those Mountain oysters, will make your rib stand up, even if its broke ?

Edited by LedFTed
spelling

@Fishfiles: got a garden of sorts? the grandma, blanched some lama beans. they were in the freezer, for a long time 20yrs. any way, i tried planting some. they grew. white/purple beans. pole beans, maybe fence beans. i grew them on the fence, just turn the creeper, back down, or along the fence. good beans, still lama beans..

i hate to let these seeds go to waste. know anyone that might be interested in the seed. Speckled Lama Beans..

i hated Lama Beans, till the 1st., major stroke, then i liked them. its taken bout 10 years.,, i had enough, to get me back, to the good days.. ,, when i didnt like em..

'Ted , I was a garden guy when I lived in New Orleans , had a big piece of property , grew all kinds of peppers , egg plants, tomatoes , squash and my signature was militon also have heard it called coyote pears or Indian Squash , that's good eating with some shrimp stuffing , had every kind of citrus tree out there , satsuma is my favorite , pecan tree, fig , Japanese plums , cumquats and even avacoto ----when I moved to the North Shore ( just 25 miles to the north )  I tried growing vegetables , and the soil and temps are just not right, things don't grow as well over here and I gave up on being a farmer --- I ought to give it another try , I have the land and  a little tractor with all the attachments to be a farmer , plow , row maker , cultivator , etc 

• Like 1

This Saturday is a special menu day , my number one Can-Am riding buddy is coming off the "injured reserve list"  , after blowing out his bladder and being sidelined for many weeks now , talked with my crabber buddy here in Lacombe and looking to get a box of Lake Ponchartrain blue claw crabs for Saturday , pick them up , iced down on  Friday evening , if for some reason them crabs don't come thru , we are going to get a 25 pound  frozen in a water slab ( NO IQF - BS ) of them 10/15 count   Bayou La Batture shrimp , caught in the Gulf Waters off Pensacola and imported from Alabama  , they call them Hoppers and they have a red dot on their sides , I kind of hope the crabs don't come thru as shrimp are smelling better to me , a lot less work getting full , but my buddy and his wife wants crabs , so be it ---- great weather all week and a 40% chance of rain on Saturday , the show will go on 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 5:01 AM, Fishfiles said:

'Ted , I was a garden guy when I lived in New Orleans , had a big piece of property , grew all kinds of peppers , egg plants, tomatoes , squash and my signature was militon also have heard it called coyote pears or Indian Squash , that's good eating with some shrimp stuffing , had every kind of citrus tree out there , satsuma is my favorite , pecan tree, fig , Japanese plums , cumquats and even avacoto ----when I moved to the North Shore ( just 25 miles to the north )  I tried growing vegetables , and the soil and temps are just not right, things don't grow as well over here and I gave up on being a farmer --- I ought to give it another try , I have the land and  a little tractor with all the attachments to be a farmer , plow , row maker , cultivator , etc 

in south america, was land that did no grow things.. it didnt for a long time. the Maya, changed the ground, so that it would start growing things.. it was a long time ago. they used ash from burnt wood. and many other things. scientists still havent figured it out. thats all i learned so far..

natives used a fish, in this country, for fertilizer. ya ever wonder what happened to all those sacrifices at the temple??

Fish, should you enrich your soil, ????, i rather visit on another day.. 😀😁🤣😂😁

on the side, my sisters garden grew all kinds of plants, the soil was most clay based. when her husband, somewhat got over his pancreas problem, [had been on the couch for years], he took over the garden, now, not much grows, if at all...

Edited by LedFTed
just because

Our local GFP spreads the fish cleanings on fields for fertilizer. it works good, smells terrible. That's after it's pumped out of the holding tanks (septic) so it's a liquid. Ash can work good as a fertilizer if your soil is needing the lime and other nutrients from it. Just like every fertilizer, too much can do damage. 

I learned an important lesson tonight, keep extra propane on hand. I thought my supply was good enough on my griddle but I was wrong. I had to resort to the electric griddle in the kitchen since I had everything prepared for the big one when it ran out of gas. Supper sucked and it took 3 times as long to do it. Time to get some tanks filled tomorrow, they should be happy filling them with the wind we are having.

• Like 1