Fishfiles

Food Channel

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

Naaaa I don't think so.

I am with ya on that , old saying a chef I knew said , " the closer to the bone , the sweeter the meat , the sweeter the meat , the better to eat " , learned that saying eatin' poke chops , but it holds true across the spectrum 

• Like 1

Poor soul , his momma  must have use to drop him when he was little  or drank during pregnancy  !!!! 

image.png

• Like 1

No pickles ?! Yeah that's just all kinds of wrong .......heck i even put slices of avacodoe on some of my samiches, BLACK olives...... Greens are good just too over powering ..... My brother-in-law (orange jeep ?) eats ketchup, but won't EVEN mess with a tomatoe ...... Cousin loves banana mannsze n peanut butter samiches.......I'm not going to even discuss  sardines ..... I used to like them till THAT. Night in chat.....sigh .... I can very well say there are some warped people in this place.... 

Today is the wife's birthday  --- so I got 25 of her closest friends and relatives coming for a party , she could have anything she wanted , and went for  spaghetti and meatballs ,  which is her favorite dish and shrimp salad on a Kracker > Dude !!! --- she don't know I invited 4 more of my friends last night , so 29  --  whipping up some cowboy beans , we got lots of food , got a Boston Butt in the smoker since 4:00am and going to be BBQ'ing  ha'ren'dous amounts of yard bird and some people are bring stuff , I heard about some desserts , green bean casserole and baked mac 

I cooked her a low budget ( power shopper > my friend is the butcher ) steak dinner with asparagus and baked potato Friday night and cost me a hangover all day Saturday  but I am ready to drink them Coors-Lites up today 

fullsizeoutput_10f0.jpeg

O+Qs2DpKTFqow5umrM7Khw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_10ee.jpeg

LuPdIG1ZTr6ofz55vPHRVg.jpg

• Like 1

WOW , the article says you can get high by just smelling raw milk !!!! 

SOMERSET - A local dairy farmer is under investigation for a very surprising reason, but he says that he is willing to go to jail for his beliefs.
Caleb Justice, 24, of Science Hill, has been producing raw milk on his Pulaski County farm since graduating from high school last year. "I drink it everyday," says Justice, who milks his cows by hand every morning just before breakfast. "Raw milk gives me the strength I need to get up every day and work. I would never drink any of that processed milk from the grocery store. It's watered down and nasty."
The Pulaski County Sheriff's Department isn't a big fan of Justice drinking the raw milk that he's producing on his farm, but they have a bigger problem with him selling it. "It's illegal to sell raw milk here in Pulaski County," says Deputy Wayne Wilcox with the PCSD. "Raw milk can be just as dangerous as any drug you'd find on the streets," adds Deputy Wilcox. "The calcium levels in it are so strong that you can get high just by smelling it."
Deputy Wilcox is asking the community to share any information they might have that may be helpful to this investigation. "If you or someone you know has bought raw milk recently from Mr. Justice, please let us know," he says. "The well being of our community depends on it."
This is a developing story.

image.png

• Haha 1

That's one of  the most redicious things I've ever heard ...... You can't get high from the smell of milk.... Lol! I don't. Care if it's pasteurized or not.... If that's the case.... I would have noticed it myself, because i get fresh milk when if i choose too, and it's never happened before.... My guess would be.  There's a couple of idiots who know nothing about the subject at hand.... Sigh.....cow farts, a now we have to purchase milk on the streets ?! Haha! What a barrel full of morons ....... I think someone better be checking the local water suply ... Or a free clinic for the mentally il......there's only a few gases that acure in the dairy buiness one... I've delt with is gas forms when silage ferments .... You don't get high from that one... You die! The other is Methane, n it's a result of anaerobic decay.... Nether accociated with milk.... 

• Like 1

Crayfish burgers --- my Grandma use to make codfish or garfish balls  kind of like the same thing the Stale Kracker does 

Something different for the Food Channel Thread 

Rebuilding  of a meat grinder that was made by Husqvarna 

Would be bad a$$ if that Husqvarna meat grinder above ^^^^  was their two stroke engine powered , LOL 

• Haha 1

Last night I fixed the wife  a ribeye kabob dinner  --- basted it with good butter , W-sauce and garlic powder 

Today the wife is cooking 2 pans of lasagna for the riding party  

fullsizeoutput_10fa.jpeg

I use to eat this stuff all the time --- but I don't remember Indian Country flavor 

image.png

Fish, I Like vegetables but not gonna give up steaks or pork chops to become a vegetarian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riverc said:

Fish, I Like vegetables but not gonna give up steaks or pork chops to become a vegetarian.

I am with you , my wife has to  have vegetables and at least a 3 course meal with every dinner , give me just a steak  and I am good  

On March 14, 2023 at 8:55 AM, Fishfiles said:

I am with you , my wife has to  have vegetables and at least a 3 course meal with every dinner , give me just a steak  and I am good  

Im reminded of that ol Wendy's commecial when Dave was still alive (where's the beef) 

On March 8, 2023 at 8:47 AM, Fishfiles said:

Would be bad a$$ if that Husqvarna meat grinder above ^^^^  was their two stroke engine powered , LOL 

Guy that built this.... Well his YouTube channel is Purdy cool from what I've seen....there is another blender with an even smaller 2 stroke engine... That build looks almost like a factory made model.... Haven't located it yet.. 

• Like 1

Rainy day , temp dropping   >>>>   did some cooking , made red beans like I never did before >>> just tried a cup full without any rice ( not ready yet ) call it bean soup  ,  they are off the hook ---- got some Chaula sauce and cummins in there gives it that Mexican flare ---   " I like it like that " 

In the fry pan got 1 pound of loose hot sausage and a pound of smoke sausage links cut to slices , cooked down and drained of grease >>>> in the pot to the right a pound of Blue Runner dry red beans , cooked in water on high for about an hour and a half >>>>  pot on the left , chopped up onions , celery , green pepper , garlic , a can of Rotel green chilies and a host of dry and liquid  seasonings , cooked down till translucent , mixed all three pots together and it has been on lowest simmer now for an hour , smashed a few timesin the pot to squash some beans , then  added a large can of Blue runner cooked New Orleans red bean ( which are very thick and you can heat and eat them right out the can  ) that is going to make it extremely creamy  will let it go till dinner at 5:00 

V8azUUXgRiic2ibKITzWGQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_10fe.jpeg