Fishfiles

Food Channel

Wiped up some New Orleans style Blue Runner red beans , with some pickled brisket bone in , green onion sausage in the Ninja crock pot , shot of Chahula sauce , lunch is at 1:00 , sa' se' bon !!  ( what did I just say ??? ) ---next tiem it is Great Northerns 

fullsizeoutput_baf.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bae.jpeg

• Like 2

IDK,  looks great, comes to mind, or, taste great. it is great. well, three swing's an then your out. it is beautiful. i was pitch-hitting. 1st swing. lol

Just the wife and I partied on the porch yesterday , it was fun , 3 beers and she is getting giggly , I have a crow call on the table that has been fun messing with the crows , but they are getting smart to me ---so we jamming on some tunes and I start playing the crow call along to the music , and surprised the !!!! out myself and her as I wasn't half bad , we laughed so hard till she was crying 

Very simple meal --- Pork tenderloin , dry rubbed and cooked for about an hour not over the fire ,  indirect heat on the opposite side of the pit that was lit , then to finish it off a stick of butter and Lea and Perrins added to the juices to make some gravy , man it was good and left overs is going to make a great sandwich on toast with mayo  and sweet maple and burbon pickles 

n37yp05tTw6MWuT+LoOFRQ.jpg

O0cz0K9YQBuWL7ldx6M2XA.jpg

WfSDpsKiQteOI+pAanFqCg.jpg

• Like 2

Looks great, after this thing is over ya'll can come here and cook one of them for me an I'll take you on a great mountain trail ride. Got two two ups now. LOL.

• Like 1

made a small pot of beans. diced mator's, chickpeas, black-beans, from cans, chopped some onion leaf, 1/2 of yellow onion chopped. had a purple onion, all i could get at the time, chopped some of that too. tore some romaine lettuce into small pieces, added 2 tea spoons, of bacon grease, roundabout, maybe more, some butter, 5 or 6 shakes of lemon powder, salt, pepper.

2nd time i made this. taste good both times. i can't remember if i left anything out.

"all ya got to due is season the taco meat, if ya want to add it". i added sour-cream, cheese, salsa, and a few thing's, to make a burrito, no meat.

i ate cornbread and burrito's, for 3 days. got my fill, lost weight too. just 4 pounds. 🙂 

if i had more, mighta been more than 3 days.

Edited by LedFTed
;~}

Fired up the smoker today, ground up 7 lbs. of deer 3 lbs of pork. stuffed the casings, refrigerated over night. In a 200 degree gas smoker for about one hour then added smoke for an additional hour. After 2 hours and 45 min.an internal temp of 160 put them in ice water to cool for an hour. Cut them placed in zip locks and 9 of ten bags into the freezer and one into the fridge. Fantastic!

IMG_1683.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1688.JPG

IMG_1689.JPG

• Like 2

Sausage is looking mighty good   

Saturday , I grilled some sweet / hot  sausage  , and some green onion boudin that was pretty spicy too 

Rib-eye on the grill yesterday evening 

fullsizeoutput_c02.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bf1.jpeg

• Like 2

Got a buddy works for the Coast Guard and lives 1/2 mile away , he been off of work and he been running crab traps in Bayou Lacombe , he  been catching his limit every trip , which is every other day  , recreational limit  is 12 dozen ( 144  ) crabs for ten traps , the crabs are thick right now , running from the river water coming into the lake from the spillway of the Mississippi River , so he been telling me he was going to give me some , he messaged me yesterday on facebook , which I don't have on my phone , so I didn't get it till late last night , no problem , got dressed and  went and got them and iced them down , going to boil them up this evening after work , if I had to guess , 8 dozen in the box  -----yummmm ! 

fullsizeoutput_c1b.jpeg

• Like 2

@Fishfiles; ya never said what sa'se'bon!! means, i am still curious.  ya got a nice herd, of atv's. that being said, i envy your fishing, so to speak. shrimp an crabs.  i cant get that in ky., least, its not in a store. once i bought a case of frog leg's. it wasnt the same as real ones. no flavor. never again. must have come from china. the fish is stuffed with goo. looks big till its cooked. legal though. so are the shrimp. gets stuffed with something like jello. but its not. store's sell turkeys, stuffed with goo. they weigh more. its legal, but not right.

a law was made, not to have ice on the outside of fish, as not to tip the scales of fish weight. but when it got injected on the inside, nothing was said. mush fish. you cant fry it. it does get a crust on the outside, watery on the inside. i never tasted catfish so. crispy on the outside, mush on the inside. all fish was like this. maybe still is. except fresh fish caught. you got to inject water or something to achieve this.  why are we buying fish grown in china? cant people grow fish here, in the US, or Canada. maybe a friendly country elsewhere. i stand to be corrected. just saying what was on my mind at the time.

Edited by LedFTed
just had too

i.Love.Food.... that is all!!

My inlaws got me a sweet Smoke Hollow combo smoker grill for christmas. We have been without a grill for about a year and it sucked. I have smoked 2 tenderloins so far with apple wood. Still trying to find out the best way to get the smoke going.  Guess I will just have to keep drinking beer until I figure it out!

• Like 2

Oh man , that was the best crabs I ate in a long time , sweet , spicy , juicy ----being I have 36 crab nets , a license and a boat , I might be out there on the Bayou on Saturday morning catching some myself 

LB7xcZC0QYO1ABAR0zjmIQ.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chevymec said:

i.Love.Food.... that is all!!

My inlaws got me a sweet Smoke Hollow combo smoker grill for christmas. We have been without a grill for about a year and it sucked. I have smoked 2 tenderloins so far with apple wood. Still trying to find out the best way to get the smoke going.  Guess I will just have to keep drinking beer until I figure it out!

Chevy.  I have a smoker. Used it maybe twice.  Don’t know much about them.  But stuff I have ate that others smoked was good.  Ever watch that show BBQ Pit Masters 

Made some ribs the other night, the meat fell right off the bone ,  turned out awesome

20200412_171338.jpg

• Like 3

TB' , baby back ribs , eh !!! I like to cook them dry rubbed , wrapped in foil and sometimes put the Sweet Baby Ray's on right at the end 

fullsizeoutput_c1d.jpeg

• Like 1

My buddy that  I have his Bobcat right now in the yard , gave me some Boudin from Westwego , La , guy he knows makes it , he told me just 30 minutes ago what to do with it and it sounds pretty good , says take Crescent rolls and unwrap them and lay on the bottom of a cooking pan , then take the Boudin out the casing and smash it flat or the doe , then a layer of pepper cheese , then a layer of crescent roll doe flatten out over the top , then bacon bits and chopped green onion , in the over then some pepper jelly on top , I am going to do it this weekend 

13 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Chevy.  I have a smoker. Used it maybe twice.  Don’t know much about them.  But stuff I have ate that others smoked was good.  Ever watch that show BBQ Pit Masters 

Fish, The smoke gives it a good flavor on the outside. I smoked mine for about 3.5 hours and then move it over to gas on low indirect heat for another 3 or so hours. Only add some salt and pepper for now.  Can't say I have seen the pit masters show. We dropped satellite a long time ago. Just the firestick now. Ill search for it. 

• Like 2

i cant cook near as good as y'all. i just wanted to say; i like the Kerry Butter. it's a bit expensive compared to other butter. i dont eat much, might as well eat good. i love food that taste good. i'm just fortunate, to be able not to over indulge.

Crescent rolls doe  , Pam the pan , lay doe  flat , pepper jack cheese , ham , banana peppers , 2nd layer of crescent roll doe , 20 minutes 375 

fullsizeoutput_c2d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c2c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c30.jpeg

• Like 2

I cooked that no bread sandwich ^^^ for the guys coming over early to ride this morning , and I cooked it early so I didn't have to deal with it when they started showing up , and I ate 1/2 of it and I am feeling stuffed , I am ashamed of myself ,  nawwwwww!  Early bird gets the worm 

• Haha 1

Jambalaya can be cooked so many different ways , here is my quick I threw together this morning , lots of colors going on in the veggy fry , purple and white opinions , bell pepper , celery , garlic and a can of Rotel tomatoes , fried down and a can of Cream of Golden Roasted Garlic for cooking right at the end of frying , fried up the hot sausage and drained the grease , dry  season , a bit of chili powder this time , Chahula sauce and Lea and Perrins  brought the Jambalaya mix and water to a boil , dropped in the veggy and sausage and simmer for 25 minutes

That boudin from Westwego , La  I got from a friend  and cooked up yesterday was the best I ever had , my buddies said the same thing , more meat than rice and very well seasoned , my friend says he gets $5 a pound for it , told him to get me 5 this next time  

uBzWOc6iRL6gDbOnwWZNVw.jpg

FgkEvL5mRZaBGhSvPmbUmw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_c35.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c37.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c39.jpeg

• Like 1

I think I got the best dish award at the Back from Corona Bash today in the bag , Crescent roll doe , Westwego pulled pork boudin , green onions , pepper jack cheese , after 22 minutes cooked in the oven at 350 , I am going to spread some pepper jelly on top --- @Derf40I know you link boudin  , so I linked up in 

fullsizeoutput_c4c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c4f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c51.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c55.jpeg

• Like 1

Since all events are canceled, my sons Boy Scout troop is have virtual meetings and what not.He and his brother setup up camp last night in the back yard. This morning he had to cook breakfast, Mountain man casserole. Just sausage, hash rounds, eggs, and cheese. We don't have a dutch oven so one of my wife's Pamper Chef deals it all went in and into the oven. Turned out real good. My mom has been teaching him to cook for a while. It is great to have a woman to cook for you, but you still need to know how to feed yourself!

• Like 2