bryanc5712

First gen 300 shocks..

Hi guys, just wandering, do the 420 shocks fit the first gen 300? I've read up a bit on them, they fit the later models, with a lift, can't remember how much, however I'm not one for lifts and that, prefer my axles as less stressed as possible!! Alternatively anyone had issues with the shocks, drivetrain etc? Would in theory cutting a coil or 2 say, take some of the ride height out? Absolutely love my 300 only issue I ever have is trying to get parts lol! 

I have 420 shocks on the front of my daughter's, but it's a 97/ second gen.  Not sure about the first gen machines.

• Like 1

It does look like it lifted it pretty good there jeep! Thanks for that, i lucked out on the front shocks on my first gen, there in pretty good shape surprisingly, but just seeing if i ever have to get a replacement, my options are pretty thin 

I have a set of stock height Bronco Shocks installed on mine. They weren't the cheapest (keep in mind I do live in Canada where EVERYTHING costs more!) however the ride quality is great!!!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bryanc5712 said:

It does look like it lifted it pretty good there jeep! Thanks for that, i lucked out on the front shocks on my first gen, there in pretty good shape surprisingly, but just seeing if i ever have to get a replacement, my options are pretty thin 

Those are 07-13.  The newer ones apparently don't fit from what I've read.

This is a 1st gen 300 with 420 front shocks , I had Worx stock length shocks with a 2 inch lift , took them off and stuck on the 420 shocks and they were as high as you can go and still get the shocks in , in fact they were perfect and dropped right in with out having to pry them in to make the bolt line up 

6B6YLXloQZmhrGfR6DnSbw.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Those are 07-13.  The newer ones apparently don't fit from what I've read.

I don't know what 420 first gen and 2nd gen years are , but do know you  need the 1st gen 420 shocks for a 2 inch lift on a 300 ^^^ 

Cheers for the replies everyone!! @Wheeler my mates running them on his 300 but unfortunately I couldn't find any to fit the 1st gen, that was going to my first option 😂 a few round here run them and don't have any complaints @Fishfiles did it bolt up to the arm, upper mount allright without any modification? Pretty curious about going down that route, did you notice anything on ride comfort etc running them? I'm not wanting to lift the quad tooo high, how do you find them overall? @jeepwm69 cheers for that you guys luckily the first gen 420 are really popular here in the UK, so it'll be pretty easy to get a set if needed

• Like 1

@bryanc5712 --- they slide right in with the arms down as far as they can go , with a 2 inch lift you actually have to pry the shock in ------- as for your second question :  did you see the pic of my 300 ??   You going to ask about  ride comfort , LOL ---had you ever rode a goat ??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha I know I know, comfort and 300 should never be mentioned in the same sentence.. Lol I should know better!! A plank with some shopping cart wheels bolted on comes to mind, it dosent seem to bad a height axle angle wise etc, did you have any issues with the cv's or things wearing out prematurely?