I have a pull knob with a button that changes the machine from 2wd to 4wd. I do not find this in the repair manual. Is this thing factory equipment or an addon. It works, I just do not understand why it is not in the manual. Thank you for your input.

because its not a factory installed part, its an after market part, you wont find it anywhere in the owners manual or service manual. chances are, its either an old warn 424 ?, or a product by wide open ?.

• Like 1

424, originally made by Warn, but now sold by a company called Wide Open.

Rebuild kits are available.  What particular machine do you have?

9 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that's one of the best mods for a 300 fwd IMO 

https://www.extremesnorkels.com/categories/suspension-drivetrain/4wd-to-2wd-selectors.html

credit for this link ^^^ goes to fish 

notice when you go to that link ^^^ , the repair kits are out of stock , back when Jeep said about them getting hard to get , I went scared and bought the last two kits off e-bay and have not seen another kit  come up for sale since    ---   that might classified me as a Hoarder ----  I have 5 atvs with the  424s in them , one kit fits all models , so I am set for a while 

• Like 2

When the corona and chinese trade wars started , I seen 424s on e-bay that were going for $500-700 , seems a few have popped up recently for the old $369 price , if anyone wants one , now would be the time to grab one , they might become hard to get 

• Like 1

i noticed (from the member map) your not too far from fish... anyways ... be sure to post us some pics ... of the honda model you have, and welcome to the forums! 

9 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

424, originally made by Warn, but now sold by a company called Wide Open.

Rebuild kits are available.  What particular machine do you have?

it is a 2006 Honda Rancher TRX350FE4x4ES

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

notice when you go to that link ^^^ , the repair kits are out of stock , back when Jeep said about them getting hard to get , I went scared and bought the last two kits off e-bay and have not seen another kit  come up for sale since    ---   that might classified me as  INTELLIGENT AND  PREPARED----  I have 5 atvs with the  424s in them , one kit fits all models , so I am set for a while 

Fixed it for you fish.

And @professorpg are you having trouble from your 424 or were you just curious about it?  Bearings and seals can be bought separately on ebay.  I bought a used one and rather than spend $100+ on a rebuild kit I just bought new bearings and seals, and cleaned and lubed the old cable. 

For your particular machine I like this mod.  Several of us have done it on the 350 Ranchers.  

• Like 1

I noticed last night that there are a lot of bearing  kits with no cable for sale ---- I did find Highlifter has some rebuild kits with the cable for $117 , I wish they would sell just the cable 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 7:50 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

well, we can always raid @Mac102004... lol i know he's got one ..brand new still boxed up ... And it's the old warn brand for a 300 

I actually ended up selling mine. I had put it on eBay awhile back for a price I thought nobody would ever pay, turned out I was wrong lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1