Murphesting

01 rancher 350

I have the lady's 350 in the shop. Didn't want to keep an idle. Just died until it warmed up. Cleaned the carb. Cleaned the fuel filter cause it was acting like it was starving for gas. Now it starts right up and idles sweet but it doesn't want to get to max rpms and it's a slow climb up. I took the air filter cover off and that seemed to make it run a little rougher. Any thoughts? 

It sounds like the carb might have a pinched or improperly seated slide diapham, the rubber boot that is attached to the slide

Also might have a hokey choke cable where the choke valve that is not seating all the way when the choke is off or possibly the carb might just need another good cleaning

Are you saying you got it back from the shop and its doing that or started to do it after you cleaned the carb?

• Like 1

Not a shop. My shop. I'll check those things out. The slide diaphragm has given me some trouble in the past. Thanks. I'll post when I find a solution 

So I took the carb apart again. This is the second time. Made sure to do a real good job. Slide diaphragm looked good. Choke slides nice. Started checking breather and vacuum tubes. Found the breather tube from the air cut off valve was plugged. Blew that out. Did a quick couple mile rip and its running perfect. I'm thinking that's where my problem was. Or maybe I just did a better job on the carb cleaning. Should put on 60 to 100 miles this weekend and I'll know for sure. Thanks for the input guys!

Super glad you got it figured out!

Have a good ride this weekend and  hope the weather is nice for you

Talk with you soon