bladams85

1988 TRX 300FW for my Girlfriend.

9 minutes ago, bladams85 said:

Update to minimise her stress level we ordered stock size Kenda Bear Claws for the 300 for now. She will make the decision later if she wants fancy wheels and bigger tires. She has never ridden a quad before so we decided to go that route. I will send pics when we get them mounted up!

her stress level ?, what about your wallets stress level ?!..rofl.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

her stress level ?, what about your wallets stress level ?!..rofl.

No kidding! She is a very timid rider being new and likes how easy the 300 drives as is. But yes definitely easier on my wallet as well! 

• Like 2

I'm always  happy to hear of a new honda atv rider ... be sure to let her know the 300 doesn't have the best brakes (only downfall i know of) engine braking (down shifting at low rpm) comes in REAL handy ;)  be sure to keep us updated! 

14 hours ago, bladams85 said:

Update to minimise her stress level we ordered stock size Kenda Bear Claws for the 300 for now. She will make the decision later if she wants fancy wheels and bigger tires. She has never ridden a quad before so we decided to go that route. I will send pics when we get them mounted up!

I have a set of Bear Claws on a 98 trx300 those tires work real well overall but particularly well on rocky trails and cactus. Very little space between lugs, so it’s harder to pierce

i love the handling of a stock 300–so nimble. Perfect for narrow steep trails