Fishfiles

Stolen 4 Wheelers

i always did like the way you think, fish, blunt , and to the point ... lol! horse 1/4 , and alligator death role!! would be my top picks... don't forget drug dealers / users ;)  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i always did like the way you think, fish, blunt , and to the point ... lol! horse 1/4 , and alligator death role!! would be my top picks... don't forget drug dealers / users 😉  

People would pay to see it , even as morbid as it is  , it would be kind of like the movie Running Man ---- they get $69.99 for a fight , bet you could charge $99 , and have one every Saturday night , it would save the states money on prisons , clean up society , and teach the young ones some respect for others and the law 

Do like the Monty Python movie and have stone' ings , charge for the stones , unless you were a victim of the crime and then the  stones are free and you throw first --- I can see it now ,  " Hi , can I have 3 of them golf ball size stones , two of them medium , base ball size stones and one of them big basketball size ones "  

• Haha 1

A dog is good but not the answer.  If the dog bite the perpetrator then he would sue you for everything your worth.  

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 2:32 PM, Fishfiles said:

A dog is good but not the answer.  If the dog bite the perpetrator then he would sue you for everything your worth.  

Which proves that we need a huge overhaul of our "justice system".  If someone is committing a crime, they shouldn't be able to sue anyone for anything.  Period.

As far as druggies are concerned, I say let them do it.  People are adults.  If they want to ruin their lives with drugs, that's their choice and their business.  I say that as someone who buried two of my closest friends before I was 30, and who has an addict for a sister.  If they commit a crime due to their drugginess, then treat them like any other criminal who committed that crime. No excuses because "they couldn't help it" or any of that crap.   If they just want to be a drugged out waste of oxygen, let them.  Their choice.  We coddle them, spend billions of tax dollars trying to "save" them and fight the criminal cartels and gangs that pop up to supply the world with drugs.  Treat it like booze.  You want to do it, knock yourself out.  We just need to take the gloves off when dealing with people who get screwed up and harm others.  There shouldn't be manslaughter when a drunk or druggie drives and kills someone.  That's murder. 

Speaking of druggies, we have a wealthy accountant who lives down the street.  His kid (35 years old) has always been a worthless POS, because daddy's always bailed him out of any trouble he's in.  He got out of either rehab or jail AGAIN a couple of months ago.  Is living with daddy again.  Their neighbor had a Ranger on a trailer, and an old 350 Rancher parked under her shed.  Both disappeared sometime in the last two weeks.  They were stored at the end of a dead-end street that most people around here don't even know exists....but that accountant has a shop at the end of the dead end street where his dead end son hangs out, and those rigs were right across the way from that shop.

@basfnb caved that druggies face in one night.  He tried to pop Bret in the face and run, and he didn't get away.  Bret hit him once and IIRC fractured his eye socket and ruptured his ear drum.  @basfnb is a little slow but you don't want him hitting you.  LOL

• Like 2

I hear what you are saying about letting them knock themselves out , but , they got to support the habit and that's were the crime comes in , they have a steal and rob everyday and get more and more desperate , and then either don't care and / or realize what they are doing , they don't care about themselves so they certainly don't care about anyone else  , so I am for stopping it by what ever means necessary 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I hear what you are saying about letting them knock themselves out , but , they got to support the habit and that's were the crime comes in , they have a steal and rob everyday and get more and more desperate , and then either don't care and / or realize what they are doing , they don't care about themselves so they certainly don't care about anyone else  , so I am for stopping it by what ever means necessary 

When they actually face consequences for what they do, that would thin them out considerably.

Making drugs illegal certainly hasn't stopped anything.  We need to lessen what's illegal in this country, and make the penalties for actual crimes much, much harsher. 

• Like 3

The laws are already on the books , it is the enforcement and penalties that are not enforced 

• Like 1

exactly ^^^ too many out there for law enforcement to deal with, and with the over population of jails, and prisons ... hey! just slap them on the wrist... and let the public suffer... it's been that way around here for years.. with the working class being so busy in everyday life... some would just rather not even involve the law, and hassle ... nowa days best bet is to keep everything under lock, and key, but even that will not stop them. 

• Like 1

I asked about this stolen atv Friday , still no leads , the case went cold ----amazing that they had multiple videos of the truck leaving the Parish ---they did find out , that truck was stolen two weeks before this incident from Mississippi , and that trucks license plate came up on another stolen truck on a Slidell traffic cam license plate recognizer ------ the bike never had 1 hour on it 

• Like 1

I read through it again and didn't see any mention of insurance. Was it bought outright or financed? Just hoping it was insured, at least to help close that door.. but if not, yeah. Maybe get lucky and they guy breaks his leg. It's how I managed to get my XRR back. 

• Like 1

thanks for the update, fish, my guess is ... the cops have a tad bit more to deal with.... these days ...sadly alot of criminal activity will be over looked for a while ... can't say i blame them ... after being bashed because of the recent fake mess going on... just as bighanded stated ... we may end up curring  this on our own, i feel sorry for those who are looked over because the thugs have changed the menu on criminal activity. 

• Like 1

This is a good theft story , think I maybe have told this one on the other site , my good buddy was the manager of the biggest strip club in New Orleans and many other cities , his uncle gave him a really nice Ford truck , F250 , 4wd , King Ranch with every option and a ton of mods on it , I'd say $75K truk , a one of a kind truck , it was stolen from the French Quarters out of a private parking garage while he was at work ------ months went by and insurance paid so he wanted another truck as close to what he had but didn't want to buy a  new  one , so he goes to a used truck dealer in Metairie , La and that guy shows him a truck in Layfette that was just about what he had , so he is interested in it , goes there and after looking at it for a while , noticed some small scratches and dents and realizes it was his truck , the interior had been switched , dash , radio , door panels , leather seats , the winch , bumper and lights swopped and removed , tires and rims and lift kit swopped ,  he called in the State Police and they went there and climbed all under it and found the vin number , he could have bought it back cheap from the insurance company , but didn't , the guy that had it for sale , came up with a bill of sale where he bought it out of Texas , nothing ever become of it 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Akunin said:

I read through it again and didn't see any mention of insurance. Was it bought outright or financed? Just hoping it was insured, at least to help close that door.. but if not, yeah. Maybe get lucky and they guy breaks his leg. It's how I managed to get my XRR back. 

I don't know , but would think with a $2,000 reward for it , I'd say no 

27 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I don't know , but would think with a $2,000 reward for it , I'd say no 

That was my guess too but just hoping for the best

• Like 1

My buddy went to a Saints game and parked in the dome about 3 years ago He had a ford 250 diesel 4 door 4 wheel drive king ranch edition Very nice and expensive truck.  Went to the garage after game and it was gone.  It had a LOJACK and he called within 4 hours of parking the truck and it didn’t ping. They must have know how to disable it.    Needless to say it has never been found. 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

My buddy went to a Saints game and parked in the dome about 3 years ago He had a ford 250 diesel 4 door 4 wheel drive king ranch edition Very nice and expensive truck.  Went to the garage after game and it was gone.  It had a LOJACK and he called within 4 hours of parking the truck and it didn’t ping. They must have know how to disable it.    Needless to say it has never been found. 

atv's are not as easy to keep in your yard, but a truck/car ?, i got a way of keeping my truck where i park it !. if they can't start it ?, then they can't drive off in it !..lol. atv owners, as well as anything they own !, should be kept under lock and key, camera's, what ever it takes these days ?, TOO KEEP YOUR PROPERTY WHERE YOU PARK IT !. you have to out smart a thief these days, think like one, then you can stop a ton of thefts.

• Like 1

I saw a post on bookface a couple of days ago asking about insurance on ATV's.  I called my insurance company and they told me that my ATV's were covered against theft by my homeowner's policy.  That said, I only have titles on a couple of my machines, and the post I saw on bookface said that without a title, you cannot prove ownership, so the insurance company will not pay for a stolen ATV.

That has me a bit perturbed, although I understand the reasoning there.  Most people in Arkansas do not title their ATV's.  When you title them you get to pay property tax on them every year, so most people never title them. I have a title for the wife's Rancher and a Cert of Origin on my 09 Foreman I bought new, but I never titled it because I didn't want to pay property tax on it every year. 

We recently tore down an old shed with the intent of getting a Conex shipping container. Found a brand new (never been to sea) container for about $3500. Not having to worry about shingles or siding us going to be nice (all the hail we get here.. bring it on!) But being able to to lock this thing will be so much better than than flimsy plywood door that was broken into. We aren't stopping there, found a camera system (up to 8 cameras) that I get notifications on my phone when movement is detected and I can even view it on there too. Anyway it does a ton more but my point in all this is people these days feel entitled to everything! Doing the best I can to protect what's mine just at times feels extreme but the lengths thieves are going to these days is unreal

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Akunin said:

people these days feel entitled to everything!

great point! that's whats wrong ..... most, of if not all these types ... have never learned responsibility, or MORALS!! or even had a real job to know what it's like to earn a living and pay for there own things! because there parents never took the time to teach them... right from wrong.. i don't feel anything at all for a thief ...  (whether they live on the goverment dole or not) 

• Like 1

You would think with a $2000 reward someone would talk.We keep both 4 wheelers chained and locked try to discourage them if they come without bolt cutters.

I have no use for people that go around stealing other people's property.Sure hope he gets it back,

I HATE THEIVES!!!! I think they should cut off thier hands, and give them no help from state or goverment, like a big brand tattooed to thier forehead that says Im A Theif 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Akunin said:

We recently tore down an old shed with the intent of getting a Conex shipping container. Found a brand new (never been to sea) container for about $3500. Not having to worry about shingles or siding us going to be nice (all the hail we get here.. bring it on!) But being able to to lock this thing will be so much better than than flimsy plywood door that was broken into. We aren't stopping there, found a camera system (up to 8 cameras) that I get notifications on my phone when movement is detected and I can even view it on there too. Anyway it does a ton more but my point in all this is people these days feel entitled to everything! Doing the best I can to protect what's mine just at times feels extreme but the lengths thieves are going to these days is unreal

You know I never mentioned the Atv stolen above was stolen out of a locked sea can / Conex container and Behind a locked gate.—$3,500 wow ,  you’ll pay dearly for sea cans.  My 20 ft in great condition was $600 and $300 to deliver it 35 miles.  But I do live in a port city  and know people who work for the port.  I see them go for as high as $2,200 for a forty footer plus moving fees from brokers selling them. 

7 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I saw a post on bookface a couple of days ago asking about insurance on ATV's.  I called my insurance company and they told me that my ATV's were covered against theft by my homeowner's policy.  That said, I only have titles on a couple of my machines, and the post I saw on bookface said that without a title, you cannot prove ownership, so the insurance company will not pay for a stolen ATV.

That has me a bit perturbed, although I understand the reasoning there.  Most people in Arkansas do not title their ATV's.  When you title them you get to pay property tax on them every year, so most people never title them. I have a title for the wife's Rancher and a Cert of Origin on my 09 Foreman I bought new, but I never titled it because I didn't want to pay property tax on it every year. 

My home owners insurance won’t cover Atvs , I would need a separate policy for them.  Which I can’t see paying for as all of my atvs are 20-30 years old and I wouldn’t get much blue book value 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

You know I never mentioned the Atv stolen above was stolen out of a locked sea can / Conex container and Behind a locked gate.—$3,500 wow ,  you’ll pay dearly for sea cans.  My 20 ft in great condition was $600 and $300 to deliver it 35 miles.  But I do live in a port city  and know people who work for the port.  I see them go for eas high as $2,200 for a forty footer plus moving fees from brokers selling them. 

Oh !.. so the thief knew where to look and bold enough to go through a locked gate as well? Oh I would go all medieval on this clown if I caught him.

Our shed door was kicked in and a great many of my tools taken. So living where I do.. yeah paid a premium for a new container 

• Like 2

There was just an incident about10 miles from me the other night,a home owner heard a strange sounding SUV driving around.The man came out to see and caught a guy under his car trying to cut off the catalytic converter. The thief tried to run,the home owner filled his butt with buckshot!They found a drill and a saw under the car.The thief ended up in the hospital,and so far the home owner has not been charged .

• Like 4