Fishfiles

Stolen 4 Wheelers

1 hour ago, Akunin said:

Oh !.. so the thief knew where to look and bold enough to go through a locked gate as well? Oh I would go all medieval on this clown if I caught him.

Our shed door was kicked in and a great many of my tools taken. So living where I do.. yeah paid a premium for a new container 

I think it was some one that knew him and that he  had just got it , it was stored far away from the dealer he bought it from , and it was the first day he had it , that's crazy to be random --------   

the town where it was stolen from is  very small , really just one street and it is the highway , all the properties along there go back 40 arpents ( which if I remember right is a bit over 40 acres ) , I know it well as I spent a lot of time in Braithwaite , La when I was a kid , hanging out at my Dad's friends' farm , catching perch, bass , shooting rabbits , eating rabbit , squirrel , sausage and meatballs  in red gravy with spaghetti -------   when I was a teenager till in my 30's  I had a place and spent a  lot of time , right down the road  in Pointe a la Hache , which is as far as you can drive by truck  down the east bank of the  Mississippi River ----besides the ferries across the river there is only one way in and out by truck or car 

I hope they catch the person or people that stole his atv and he gets it back , but I would guess they ragged it out by now 

The reason I say ragged it out , is a theft recovery  story I was involved in , I had gotten a TRX250EX from a friend , it was his son's , he didn't ride it any more as they lived in a subdivision that grew up from woods  , it was stuck out in his work yard with the tarp covering it all ripped up and I asked about it every time I went there , so I wound up getting it from him , cleaned it up got it running tip top shape , but it really didn't fit in the line up of atvs around here as it is a sport bike , so I sold it to a guy I know nephew for his daughter's Christmas present a week early , the day after Christmas he called me and said it was stolen from in front of his house on Car Drive Slidell , another one way in and one out location  , neighbors had the truck that stole it on surveillance cameras , a month went by and the New Orleans police contacted me that my atv was in storage , recovered from a police incident , so I called him , they had taken the bike from someone of the street gangs that ride the streets of New Orleans on atvs , every seen the videos ??? ----  so after  the towing / storage company and the city of New Orleans fees all came to $1,200 to get it back , the bike was badly damaged , the ripped the wiring harness to hot wire it , rode wheelies on the back rack and muffler , and the metal was gone , the seat ripped up , etc , etc , he made a deal with the company and paid $800 to get it back , and spent another $800 on new parts and put it back together , I would have never done it , but his daughter was heart broken --- the ones that were caught with it were not charged with anything , I think they should have at least be charged with possession of stolen property 

15 hours ago, tooomuch7 said:

There was just an incident about10 miles from me the other night,a home owner heard a strange sounding SUV driving around.The man came out to see and caught a guy under his car trying to cut off the catalytic converter. The thief tried to run,the home owner filled his butt with buckshot!They found a drill and a saw under the car.The thief ended up in the hospital,and so far the home owner has not been charged .

Where do you live?  That's the way it SHOULD be, but most places now that will get you in big trouble.

We had a cat cut off of our van at work a few weeks ago.  Gonna be $$$ to replace it.

• Like 1

Though shipping containers provide great weather and 4 legged rodent protection, the original padlock locking mechanism is crap, 2 legged rodents can break in with a cold chisel or cordless angle grinder in seconds.  Add on a welded protected locking mechanism, keep honest people honest, the others make them work harder being a thief than having a honest job.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 9:30 PM, Fishfiles said:

I think it was some one that knew him and that he  had just got it , it was stored far away from the dealer he bought it from , and it was the first day he had it , that's crazy to be random --------   

the town where it was stolen from is  very small , really just one street and it is the highway , all the properties along there go back 40 arpents ( which if I remember right is a bit over 40 acres ) , I know it well as I spent a lot of time in Braithwaite , La when I was a kid , hanging out at my Dad's friends' farm , catching perch, bass , shooting rabbits , eating rabbit , squirrel , sausage and meatballs  in red gravy with spaghetti -------   when I was a teenager till in my 30's  I had a place and spent a  lot of time , right down the road  in Pointe a la Hache , which is as far as you can drive by truck  down the east bank of the  Mississippi River ----besides the ferries across the river there is only one way in and out by truck or car 

I hope they catch the person or people that stole his atv and he gets it back , but I would guess they ragged it out by now 

The reason I say ragged it out , is a theft recovery  story I was involved in , I had gotten a TRX250EX from a friend , it was his son's , he didn't ride it any more as they lived in a subdivision that grew up from woods  , it was stuck out in his work yard with the tarp covering it all ripped up and I asked about it every time I went there , so I wound up getting it from him , cleaned it up got it running tip top shape , but it really didn't fit in the line up of atvs around here as it is a sport bike , so I sold it to a guy I know nephew for his daughter's Christmas present a week early , the day after Christmas he called me and said it was stolen from in front of his house on Car Drive Slidell , another one way in and one out location  , neighbors had the truck that stole it on surveillance cameras , a month went by and the New Orleans police contacted me that my atv was in storage , recovered from a police incident , so I called him , they had taken the bike from someone of the street gangs that ride the streets of New Orleans on atvs , every seen the videos ??? ----  so after  the towing / storage company and the city of New Orleans fees all came to $1,200 to get it back , the bike was badly damaged , the ripped the wiring harness to hot wire it , rode wheelies on the back rack and muffler , and the metal was gone , the seat ripped up , etc , etc , he made a deal with the company and paid $800 to get it back , and spent another $800 on new parts and put it back together , I would have never done it , but his daughter was heart broken --- the ones that were caught with it were not charged with anything , I think they should have at least be charged with possession of stolen property 

and make him pay the expenses, make it like when it was stolen. or spend time in jail, and what money he makes, till the atv is fixed, stay in jail.

Edited by LedFTed

Ted , the person caught with the stolen bike never went to jail , was not even arrested or even had to go to court --- instead  they punished the victim , ran up the bill to $1,200 if he wanted it back , somethings wrong with that justice 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Ted , the person caught with the stolen bike never went to jail , was not even arrested or even had to go to court --- instead  they punished the victim , ran up the bill to $1,200 if he wanted it back , somethings wrong with that justice 

i agree, so much so. justice turned sideways.

Ted , the person caught with the stolen bike never went to jail , was not even arrested or even had to go to court --- instead  they punished the victim , ran up the bill to $1,200 if he wanted it back , somethings wrong with that justice

exactly, too many out there for law enforcement to deal with, and with the over population of jails, and prisons ... hey! just slap them on the wrist... and let the public suffer... it's been that way around here for years

• Like 1

It isn't too often there is a follow up on a thread like this  , Jerrod got his stolen 4 wheeler back , story goes like this , Mississippi Sheriff lights a guy up that was riding a 4 wheeler on the street , the guy jumps off the bike , takes the key and runs , they set up a perimeter around the area and get him , find out the bike was stolen from Braitewaite , La. , go to his house and he has stolen trucks , he was on 5 years probation for stealing 4 wheelers , the bike had 40.04 hours on it when it was recovered , had less than 1 hour when stolen , they figure the guy followed him from the dealer  in Mississippi the day he bought the 4 wheeler 

• Like 5

Glad he got it back.  Is it trashed? 

My father in law's Rubicon was recovered the same way.  Cop lit up a guy riding a gravel road, guy bails and leaves the 4wheeler sitting there running.  They run VIN, call my FIL, and he goes and gets it.  It had been ridden hard and put up wet.  They ragged the crap out of it and apparently just ran over whatever happened to get in their way.  All kinds of bends and cracks in it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, jeepwm69 said:

Glad he got it back.  Is it trashed? 

My father in law's Rubicon was recovered the same way.  Cop lit up a guy riding a gravel road, guy bails and leaves the 4wheeler sitting there running.  They run VIN, call my FIL, and he goes and gets it.  It had been ridden hard and put up wet.  They ragged the crap out of it and apparently just ran over whatever happened to get in their way.  All kinds of bends and cracks in it.

Didn’t get any word on condition.  Bet it missed its first oil change. Lol.  

Apparently the key was left in it from the story ^^^^^.  Saved having to un-hot wire it.  Doubt taking the key would have stopped it from having been taken.  

• Like 2

On 6/10/2020 at 10:38 AM, CamKnouff said:

Though shipping containers provide great weather and 4 legged rodent protection, the original padlock locking mechanism is crap, 2 legged rodents can break in with a cold chisel or cordless angle grinder in seconds.  Add on a welded protected locking mechanism, keep honest people honest, the others make them work harder being a thief than having a honest job.

Here's the lock on ours. I've had enough stolen to know if someone wants something bad enough they will get it, I just hope to slow them down enough for the cameras, myself or the neighbors see and hear them. Of course I have an obvious lock on the door for a distraction and one tucked in under this cover. New camera system has motion detection so if someone even walks in my yard I get a notification. 

20200611_075126.jpg

20200611_075132.jpg

Edited by Akunin
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

It isn't too often there is a follow up on a thread like this  , Jerrod got his stolen 4 wheeler back , story goes like this , Mississippi Sheriff lights a guy up that was riding a 4 wheeler on the street , the guy jumps off the bike , takes the key and runs , they set up a perimeter around the area and get him , find out the bike was stolen from Braitewaite , La. , go to his house and he has stolen trucks , he was on 5 years probation for stealing 4 wheelers , the bike had 40.04 hours on it when it was recovered , had less than 1 hour when stolen , they figure the guy followed him from the dealer  in Mississippi the day he bought the 4 wheeler 

Great news! Not very often at all you see a recovery..

• Like 1

glad it was recovered ! maybe instead of slapping this scum on the wrist.... he will get, some real jail time. 

I heard the guy was on  five year probation , I don't know how it is in Mississippi , around here if you break probation , no matter if you are 4 years and 364 days into the 5 years , you have to serve the 5 years in jail , plus the time for the other charges he is going to get ---------   but with justice like it is now days , he will likely serve 4 months and 2 weekends of community service , lol

Another atv theft incident just happened close to home , my buddy Vic's  son-in-law Mike , his Dad  gave  Mike a Yamaha Big Bear 350 , pretty nice bike , 1 owner , garage kept , never mudded with , used for deer hunting ,  so he brought it over here to my house  on the trailer when he first got it , and we cleaned the tank , petcock and took the carb off for a cleaning , the air mix screw was stripped and wouldn't come out , the carb was pretty bad , so they were working on getting another carb ,  they  took the bike  back to Vic's house , and parked it in his yard  next to  3 other bikes that ran ,  two 300s and a Arctic Cat 400 , they had just put a new battery , two new tires , new air filter , oil change , dome some heavy cleaning and a few other things to the Big Bear , the tank , carb and a few other things were off the bike , they stole that bike and left the tank and other parts laying there  , sometimes between Saturday evening and this morning he noticed it was gone , Sheriff came out and made a police report , he is working on his neighbors for video ----

dang..... he just noticed the bike missing from Saturday till this am ? ..... sounds like someone was watching his activity (scoping his place out)  i nope he's able to get some good news, and I'd lock those other bikes up! ESPECALLY the 300's

Yep , he went out with his girlfriend Saturday night and didn't get home till Tuesday morning  , sounds like he had a good time , LOL ----- my boy has it going on   right , he was working for CSI New Orleans film crew  , he is getting $850 a  week to not work , must be nice  ----- says he is going to get cameras tomorrow , kind of late for that 

lol! that explains alot.... i won't go there... i have several days i can't account for .... anyways.... any chance she could be involed ?? just saying, it might be something to check out.

2 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

lol! that explains alot.... i won't go there... i have several days i can't account for .... anyways.... any chance she could be involed ?? just saying, it might be something to check out.

No I know it isn't her , I hve known her and her twin sister for 50 years , LOL ----   but I think it could be the garbageman LOL---- because the garbage man bought Vic's old Yamaha 400 Big Bear a while back , he had seen it in his yard and went and asked about as he likes Bears  , being some of the parts from that 350 will fit on that 400 , makes me go hmmmmm !!! --   I really think it is kids in his neighborhood and the pushed it off , and they wanted them 2 new tires , Shade's favorites , Mudlites ---- I told him go ride the trails in the woods around his house and he might find he bike in the woods with no new tires or new  battery 

• Like 1

ah, good deal! but dang... that's just bad.... you go spend a couple days away having, um.... some enjoyment!! and come back to that... man y'all sure have alot theft issues going on...any chance he's told told the Sheriffs department , about the nosey garbage men, and those kids ? you know how i feel about sticky fingers so I'll stop... lol, i do hope Vic ? finds it in good shape ... i take it, he's an older fella ?

The garbage man and the neighborhood kids was my thoughts after the police report was files , so no I doubt he mentioned them in the report , 60 two  weeks ago ----   can't wait to see if any neighbors have video  

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Yep , he went out with his girlfriend Saturday night and didn't get home till Tuesday morning  , sounds like he had a good time , LOL ----- my boy has it going on   right , he was working for CSI New Orleans film crew  , he is getting $850 a  week to not work , must be nice  ----- says he is going to get cameras tomorrow , kind of late for that 

funny you should say those last words ^^^..it took my dads guns getting removed from my house to put up security camera's all around my house. no one...AND I MEAN NO ONE !, can step one foot on my property without me getting a text alert, and them being recorded !. i tell every person who steps on my land..'' just so you know..you are being recorded right now by my camera's''..most don't have a problem with it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

back deck.jpgback deck camera

That link isn't working 404 error