Fishfiles

Stolen 4 Wheelers

not this was over looked, or not brought up, (as you said a little late) did he happen to take pics (before hand) of said bike, and write down the vin number ? 

8 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

not this was over looked, or not brought up, (as you said a little late) did he happen to take pics (before hand) of said bike, and write down the vin number ? 

I got one pic of the atv on my phone in a text , I did asked him about pics , sure between son in law and him they have a few pics , he was on the ball with the vin and had the registration at his house , that brings up something stupid , when he first called the sheriff , he told them his son in law's atv was stolen from his house , and the dispatcher lady told he that he couldn't file a police report , his son in law had to do it , but when the sheriff came , he did the report any ways , I'd guess cause he had the registration , which was really still in son in law's dad's name , confusing or what , LOL 

Another thing they didn't steal the set of aluminum loading ramps that were  sitting right next to the atv  ---the two 300s that were sitting right next to the Yammy were  both sold to him by me , 250 rear ends on both , one has disc brakes in the front , floor boards ,  winch , radio , both clean , good running bikes , with the keys in them in his back yard with no gate to his yard  and they took the one that didn't run and was partially disassembled and didn't take the loose parts laying right there , makes me think they wanted parts from that bike , so I would look for a Yamaha riding around the neighborhood 

• Like 1

wow! ... oh... yea, that's mixed up! .... so your idea they (who ever they are) roled it off for parts fits. imo, maybe were to frightened to touch anything else ? I'll admit this one has me stumped...... taking a partly  disassembled   yammy over two good running 300's with the keys in them ?? COME ON!  if i was a thief... (WHICH I AM NOT) i would have went for the ramps and both 300's ... heck if your going to do something at least try to do the best you can! lol! 

just a thought ... here, but I'm probobly way out in left field on this, but what about scraping the atv for quick cash ? that might be an idea to check out... we had a old international super a plow tracter that was stolen, and cut up (torched) just for cash, to purchase drugs... the guy was busted, but... we still lost a good running old antique. 

ill be looking forward to what his neighbors have on film. 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I got one pic of the atv on my phone in a text , I did asked him about pics , sure between son in law and him they have a few pics , he was on the ball with the vin and had the registration at his house , that brings up something stupid , when he first called the sheriff , he told them his son in law's atv was stolen from his house , and the dispatcher lady told he that he couldn't file a police report , his son in law had to do it , but when the sheriff came , he did the report any ways , I'd guess cause he had the registration , which was really still in son in law's dad's name , confusing or what , LOL 

Another thing they didn't steal the set of aluminum loading ramps that were  sitting right next to the atv  ---the two 300s that were sitting right next to the Yammy were  both sold to him by me , 250 rear ends on both , one has disc brakes in the front , floor boards ,  winch , radio , both clean , good running bikes , with the keys in them in his back yard with no gate to his yard  and they took the one that didn't run and was partially disassembled and didn't take the loose parts laying right there , makes me think they wanted parts from that bike , so I would look for a Yamaha riding around the neighborhood 

Yep, someone wanted parts for a similar machine.  Only thing that makes sense with what was taken and what wasn't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

That link isn't working 404 error

i see it on my screen ..no clue then ???.

51 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I can see all your pics Shade.

yeah..not sure what is going on with wilson and fish ?, i could see all of them as well.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

see ? , but anyways .. the other shows just fine! 🙂 maybe forum issues again ? 

image.jpg

not sure what this even is ??..its not my pic, all those tabs at the top are not mine. its on your's and fish's end...jeep had no problem seeing them ?..hmmm..prob forums messing up again.

that's a screen shot of the post  i took, i didnt edit the the screen shot on purpose..those are tabs i had pulled up...  i agree... there's something going on with the forums.

8 hours ago, shadetree said:

lets try this, just took this.

home dvr_CH8_2_13_200_20200729103307.png

this picture works fine, i am not on a phone, and i am using Firefox browser with linux, lubuntu.

Edited by LedFTed
add words

Well , Vic , who had the Yamaha stolen , stopped by yesterday evening  , his neighbor told him  he looked at his video and seen nothing , I doubt he looked hard enough , they live directly across the street from one another , their driveways are straight across  , you would think anyone with a camera system would have it pointing on their driveway and vehicles , especially since they have ditches in front of their houses and the culvert of the driveway is the place to walk onto the properties from the street ---------   I know from my system , to view Saturday evening till Tuesday morning , even in fast forward takes a while to do , so it would be a bit time consuming for him  ,  I hate to call his neighbor a liar , only meet the guy one time , but I doubt he put a lot of effort into looking back at video , we figured it out yesterday evening , he was gone from the house for 56 hours , I was playing around with the numbers , and my system would take you a little over  2 hours to fast forward thru  56 hours of video , I could just look at the motion incidents , but since his house is on the other side the street , it might not have marked the video as movement incidents ---- I am bumming for him , thought something was going to show up for sure on that video ------  there are still other neighbors that might have some video ----  we both live in St Tammany Parish Sheriff district , I got a lot of faith in them , they don't play around with crime , they are known for solving cases and sticking the criminals with the max penalties 

Vic is an alright guy , he felt so bad about his son in law's bike being stolen from his house , that he gave his son in law one of his bikes ---- I know personally , I always tell people when they ask to leave their bikes here by my house  , I am not responsible for them , so I guess I am not alright , LOL 

• Like 2

hm.... i would have been there looking at the video myself .... doesn't sound like much of a neighbor IMO . you'd think his neighbor would be eager to help try and catch who did this .... as it was close his place, so ... i myself would be concerned i might be next on the hit list, but that's just my thinking. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Well , Vic , who had the Yamaha stolen , stopped by yesterday evening  , his neighbor told him  he looked at his video and seen nothing , I doubt he looked hard enough , they live directly across the street from one another , their driveways are straight across  , you would think anyone with a camera system would have it pointing on their driveway and vehicles , especially since they have ditches in front of their houses and the culvert of the driveway is the place to walk onto the properties from the street ---------   I know from my system , to view Saturday evening till Tuesday morning , even in fast forward takes a while to do , so it would be a bit time consuming for him  ,  I hate to call his neighbor a liar , only meet the guy one time , but I doubt he put a lot of effort into looking back at video , we figured it out yesterday evening , he was gone from the house for 56 hours , I was playing around with the numbers , and my system would take you a little over  2 hours to fast forward thru  56 hours of video , I could just look at the motion incidents , but since his house is on the other side the street , it might not have marked the video as movement incidents ---- I am bumming for him , thought something was going to show up for sure on that video ------  there are still other neighbors that might have some video ----  we both live in St Tammany Parish Sheriff district , I got a lot of faith in them , they don't play around with crime , they are known for solving cases and sticking the criminals with the max penalties 

Vic is an alright guy , he felt so bad about his son in law's bike being stolen from his house , that he gave his son in law one of his bikes ---- I know personally , I always tell people when they ask to leave their bikes here by my house  , I am not responsible for them , so I guess I am not alright , LOL 

nope !!!..lol. you have a swann system, same system i have. it does not take 2 hours to view a video ?..IF THAT CAMERA RECORDED ANYTHING AT ALL !. you simply find the video that was recorded, pull it up ( open it ) start the video ( play back ), on the screen it has arrow buttons to click it to fast forward the video in small sections, 1x,2x,x8,x10..something along this line ?. you and me can do this, i do not know what kind of system this guy has ?, but if its anything like ours ?, he can do the very same thing. sounds like to me either he's too lazy or too stupid to take the time to do this ?, or..he has no idea how to operate the security system ?..lol. or..he knows the ppl that took the atv ?!. hmmm..think on that for a bit !..lol.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, shadetree said:

or..he knows the ppl that took the atv ?!. hmmm..think on that for a bit !..lol.

i wasn't going to got there, but that adds up. and you said you met the guy only once, has Vic ever mentioned with kind of guy he is ? a nice neighbor, or ? 

`

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

nope !!!..lol. you have a swann system, same system i have. it does not take 2 hours to view a video ?..IF THAT CAMERA RECORDED ANYTHING AT ALL !. you simply find the video that was recorded, pull it up ( open it ) start the video ( play back ), on the screen it has arrow buttons to click it to fast forward the video in small sections, 1x,2x,x8,x10..something along this line ?. you and me can do this, i do not know what kind of system this guy has ?, but if its anything like ours ?, he can do the very same thing. sounds like to me either he's too lazy or too stupid to take the time to do this ?, or..he has no idea how to operate the security system ?..lol. or..he knows the ppl that took the atv ?!. hmmm..think on that for a bit !..lol.

I have my system on record on  all 9 cameras 24/7/365 , they are are set to re-bot every 14 days , and after 28 days it starts recording over whats already recorded , unless I want to save it and  download to the stick , when viewing the recorded video it will show you points of interest highlighted along the play line , that were triggered by motion , and you can go right to those and maybe find what you were looking for , but sometimes there is motion in a camera that is not picked up by the motion detection , sensitivity settings will affect that  , so if they are not running 24/7 in full time record mode , you might miss Bigfoot walking the tree line or that alien I been trying to get a pic of, LOL 

So to throughly view every frame of 56 hours of video at 16X looks like two hours and ten minutes , if he even recorded in full time record mode 

I doubt very seriously it is his neighbor took his atv , I would guess he is lazy to look good at the video or has it set for motion and the sensitivity is set too low for across the street or maybe the cameras don't even work no more , but he wants people to think they still  do , LOL    

Did I mention , he has wooden fence on three sides of the house with neighbors on all three sides ,   the front is open , no gates on either side of the house , they had to take the atv out to the street in front the house, the fences were no breached LOL 

8 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

his neighbor told him  he looked at his video and seen nothing , I doubt he looked hard enough

my question, is why didn't Vic go, over, and ask to watch the video himself ? ...and if ? the system was a dummy / dead system ... he should have told Vic.. that to began with, and i would have told the cops about that neighbor having a video surveillance system.