3 minutes ago, shadetree said:

ummm..what kinda clock you got ??..lol. ALL clock hands move left to right when you face it head on.

Kool' maybe be from " The Land Down Under " , LOL  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, shadetree said:

ummm..what kinda clock you got ??..lol. ALL clock hands move left to right when you face it head on.

LOL! Dog gone, you got me there. I must have been thinking of one of those backwards clocks, you know. HAHA!

20 hours ago, KoolBreeze said:

Hands on a clock always move right to left when you're standing in front of the clock looking at it's face.

I can't edit this post, timer ran out I guess. I hate for anyone to read that and get it backwards. I meant to say from left to right. My bad. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain and bad things happen. 🙂

My bad. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain and bad things happen. 🙂

that happens here more times then you know ... lol! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KoolBreeze said:

LOL! Dog gone, you got me there. I must have been thinking of one of those backwards clocks, you know. HAHA!

must be a stupid clock eh ?..rofl.

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that happens here more times then you know ... lol! 

boy..you sure ain't lying there !!..lol.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Kool' maybe be from " The Land Down Under " , LOL  

Haha! I'm taking cover.

Lefty loosey , righty tighty , most of the time , unless you are from The Land Down Under --- did you know when you cross the equator , when you run water down a sink or flush a toilet , the water flows the opposite way , same goes for hurricanes or cyclones  

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

Lefty loosey , righty tighty , most of the time , unless you are from The Land Down Under --- did you know when you cross the equator , when you run water down a sink or flush a toilet , the water flows the opposite way , same goes for hurricanes or cyclones  

come on now...please don't confuse the man any more than he already is !!!..rofl.

@shadetree is this what you were talking about as far as the bad valve seat? My exhaust valve has a good bit more play upward play than the intake valve @ TDC on compression stroke. Thats after they were both adjusted to spec

You are way out on your setting -- you set it on F then you only rotated it once to the T (should have been twice) 

9 hours ago, Melatv said:

You are way out on your setting -- you set it on F then you only rotated it once to the T (should have been twice) 

I’m thinking the same thing because he said he went 360 after adjusting on the F. 

Yea i may have been off but when i rotated crank to the next "T", both rockers had slight play,which is per manual as an indicator of being in the correct TDC. But i went back & double checked & reset them again on the correct TDC. Also found i had a bad exhaust valve... in video above.

Edited by Bassman8990

lets make this simple ( or try too ! ). remove the pull crank starter ( if you have one ? ) from the rear of engine, remove the spark plug, remove the valve caps. remove  the sight cap ( inspection hole cap ), at the back of engine, notice the line on the pull starter cage ? ( if there is a pull starter ), now notice the raised triangle on the engine case, line these two up, now look into the sight hole, your should see the T mark ?, it should be on the index inside the hole threads. now, slowly turn the rear crank ( at back of engine ) bolt counter clockwise, as you do this, watch the intake valve, it SHOULD start to go down as you slowly turn the crank counter clockwise , IF IT DOES NOT ?, then you had all your timing marks set on the exhaust stroke, WHERE THEY SHOULD BE ON THE COMPRESSION STROKE !. if the intake valve DID start to move as you turned crank counter clockwise ?, slowly turn it back clockwise, put the line on the starter cage with the raised arrow on the engine case, check to make sure the T mark is aligned inside the sight hole with the index, now adjust your valves. if the intake valve DID not start to move from where you first started ?, slowly put the timing marks back where you started, now turn the crank clockwise one FULL turn, all the way around until the line at the back lines up with the raised arrow, check the T mark in the sight hole to index, now slowly turn the crank backwards ( counter clockwise ), the intake valve SHOULD start to go down, if and when it does, go back clockwise slowly, set the lines where you had it, check sight hole again, now adjust the valves. if you do all of this as i say ?, then it should be correct !. I've done it this way for years !!, and not one time have i had loose valves ( and no..i do not use feeler gauges, but in your cases, you should ! ). if you still get rattling sounds after doing all this ?, then you got other problems, bad cam chain ?, bad valves/valve guides ?, hard to say without hearing and seeing it in person.

• Like 2