I'm sure the answer is here somewhere if I look long enough, but can the cam cap on the TRX350Ds be replaced be replaced/resealed without removing the cam? I was cleaning up the top of the head cover on mine this morning and noticed a slight leak there, as well as on the other side around one of the rocker shafts. Looks like there is an o-ring on the rocker shafts.

3 hours ago, KoolBreeze said:

I'm sure the answer is here somewhere if I look long enough, but can the cam cap on the TRX350Ds be replaced be replaced/resealed without removing the cam? I was cleaning up the top of the head cover on mine this morning and noticed a slight leak there, as well as on the other side around one of the rocker shafts. Looks like there is an o-ring on the rocker shafts.

yes that cap can be replaced while the cam is still in place. yes, there is o-rings on the ends of the rocker shafts, WARNING !!, they are a royal pain to replace !. those long rods sticking down from the inside are pressed into the rocker box, making them very hard to get out in order to pull the rocker shafts. FORGET WHAT THE SERVICE MANUAL SAYS ON HOW TO GET THEM OUT !!, bunch of b.s. !. the best way i have learned ?, put them in a good solid bench vise, clamp down on them, rock the rocker box back an forth, sooner or later the rod will turn, when you get this far, try to be lifting up on the rocker box, a good rubber mallet smacked here and there will pop the rocker box up off the rod, then do the other the same way. DO NOT HEAT THE ROCKER BOX !.

• Like 1

Thank you shadetree. I saw the bit in the manual about grooving the pins with a grinder. Good to know that no workie to good. The shaft isn't leaking bad, so maybe I'll leave that be for now.