i've had to sign in 4 times in 45 minutes. just wanted to tell ya.

Posted (edited)

i just signed out, and back in no issues here .... 

you might check here...  sounds like you might have tried signing in too many times with the wrong Email or password, the lockout for that mistake is only nine minutes...  but only after three wrong attempts ... not 4 plus. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

I don't ever need to log in , I guess cause I don't log out ---but lately it ask me if I am human and I have to pick pics with bicycles in them to post 

Posted (edited)

i agree... i hardly ever sign out ... but i have seen people create a new email account / handle ... and join forums / chats on a defrent devise.. why anyone would stoop to that is beyond me...  it's just plain crooked IMO .. we used to be able to see ip addresses ... on msn... but i wouldn't waist my time looking,  now i  just look the typing / thoughts posted, that's a dead give away.... lol! 

this is one reason i really like the members location map, AND pics / videos ---- PROOF 

member numbers don't mean a thing unless there active.. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

i'm on the map, an have been for some time. any picture's i could have took would have showed i had to sign in again. no point in that. still using the same same machine as i have been for the past few years. my password is the same, and my email. it just happened, and i reported it.

its not doing it at this moment, IDK why it did, just that it did. i got my password stored on Firefox, so i aint changed nothing. dont have to.

Edited by LedFTed
ad something

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I don't ever need to log in , I guess cause I don't log out ---but lately it ask me if I am human and I have to pick pics with bicycles in them to post 

Well; are ya human? lol

1 minute ago, LedFTed said:

Well; are ya human? lol

Yes . Did you ever get that human question yet ? 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

NO, i been told i aint quite right many times. 😀

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I've been asked that posting a new thread, every single time... 

no clue what's going Ted , but at least it's not happening any longer. 

8 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I've been asked that posting a new thread, every single time... 

Really , I just looked and have 2,480 post and it has happened to me maybe 10 times , seems mostly when I  import a link from facebook  , then hit submit , the box pops up , always bicycles in the pics 

i dont get the captcha thing on this site, on other sites, its anything from sidewalks, to traffic lights, bridges, cars and so on. then ya gotta add something or copy letters an numbers. sometimes ya gotta do 4 or 5 things.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

fish, i took a screen  shot, a while back, i must have deleted it.... and haven't located anything in the forums about this issue, but this thread is about signing in.. so...  I'll do another thread for the robot issue ... i kind of figure it's a settings in the forum...  maybe we can get some more imput ?

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

I've seen the "are you a human" puzzles several times too. It seems the more stuff I add to a post the more likely it is that I'll be tested. Its an annoyance for sure! I know where it comes from and I know how to disable it... but, if I disable it then we won't have any spying corps bot protections anymore. I will see if I can fine tune on it over time.... a trial & error sort of thing. If I can't make it behave we'll have to live with it though. Because once its disabled we will be swatting parasites out of the air constantly and I'm not going there....

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 7:56 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

fish, i took a screen  shot, a while back, i must have deleted it.... and haven't located anything in the forums about this issue, but this thread is about signing in.. so...  I'll do another thread for the robot issue ... i kind of figure it's a settings in the forum...  maybe we can get some more imput ?

if you want to use this thread, ya can. just change the name to sign-in and robots. 🙂 

no need, Ted , retro confirmed what i was thinking, i think we need.. that setting to!! we delt with script bots in msn chat, and groups, and they were a pain... to keep in check. 

Posted (edited)

i figured out the problem i was having, it just took a while for me.. the last time i bought memory was a while back, probable about 2009 an it was off of e-bay. between my 2002 computer, an the 2 [1xGB] my computer is conking out. lucky, i got that covered. it might be a week after i get my case this saterday or not depending, least i can quit asking what i already know in my sub-conscious. as far as mistyping, i'm working on that, seems my fingers type different than what i'm thinking, plus, i cant spell worth a lick. my spell check dont work, an i havent got the program working that i need, integrated yet ''the sage'', linux version. [for misspells in windows, the sage has helped me] and i misspell a lot. perhaps ya noticed. it cant tell "here from hear" in sentence structure, but it does help. you still have to do punctuation, an know the difference, between here an hear, or there an their. forgot what i was writing for the moment so i will quit. i dont feel like reading what i wrote. ;~}

you know your thinking the same. hahaha

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

'Ted Said " i dont feel like reading what i wrote. ;~}

you know your thinking the same. hahaha " 

image.png

• Haha 1