SlammedRanger

Finally got to ride!

So i decided to say screw the weather and go ride. It was a muddy one. Quad ran great! I have the 15/38 gearing on. Also raised the needle clip one postion on the carb. Its in the middle now. I put on my xc wheels and tires and let her rip! Started to rain about an hour or so into the ride. Still had fun though. Quad pulls hard!

Got my new boots broke in the right way!

And let mother nature clean the quad while i sat in the garage and watched! LoL

20200528_120758.jpg

20200528_121225.jpg

20200528_132332.jpg

• Like 6

LOL whoo wee if gettin muddy is fun you havin a ball!

i got out of the office to day and into my warehouse—rode all my shop Yamahas. 2003 Kodiak 4x4 and 2010/11 Grizzly 2wD; one of the Grizzlies won’t idle off-choke. Gonna put some high-test and seafoam tomorrow—go for a little fence inspection—see if i can clear the carb.

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

sure looks you have fun!! lol! I'll be looking forward to seeing you win some races! 

Yeah it was alot of fun. The rain didnt clean near enough of the mud off though. So after it stopped i pressure washed it the rest of the way. As for racing thats gunna be if they ever open up any of the tracks. The fair was cancelled i do know that. Which im happy and sad about. Gives me more seat time to get this new power under control. At the moment its alittle wild yet. I gotta wait for things to dry out to see what im really dealing with. I couldnt get the tires to stop spinning everywhere i went. But even with that it was leaps and bounds faster than my 416cc build ever was or could be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goober said:

LOL whoo wee if gettin muddy is fun you havin a ball!

i got out of the office to day and into my warehouse—rode all my shop Yamahas. 2003 Kodiak 4x4 and 2010/11 Grizzly 2wD; one of the Grizzlies won’t idle off-choke. Gonna put some high-test and seafoam tomorrow—go for a little fence inspection—see if i can clear the carb.

Booo yamaha!!! LoL. Sometimes just cleaning the plug off a bit can help also. Go give her a good shake down!

• Haha 1

ive been looking forward to this build .. im still wanting a honda sport quad .. to blast around on my farm on.. i have one stetch 70 achers completely flat .... except two small field breaks ... i tested it one the 300 (in two wd) at top speed , but it just not fast enough, and a tad too (sure other factors as well) heavy to catch some air .. last time all i got @ 45 was 5 feet ... NOT enough...  did they close up because of covid, or ?? 

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

ive been looking forward to this build .. im still wanting a honda sport quad .. to blast around on my farm on.. i have one stetch 70 achers completely flat .... except two small field breaks ... i tested it one the 300 (in two wd) at top speed , but it just not fast enough, and a tad too (sure other factors as well) heavy to catch some air .. last time all i got @ 45 was 5 feet ... NOT enough...  did they close up because of covid, or ?? 

Yeah covid closed all of them. They are talking about opening back up but they are all small family owned tracks so its up to them when/if they re-open. Not to mention this May has been more like april. I cant remember a 3 day stretch without rain of some sort here. Its beginning to feel like seattle washington here in ohio. LoL

I can only imagine what a mud pit Carolina Adventure World is...those trails are slimely /rutted mess on normal times..but we are so rain soaked around here.. my property is flooded..the woods look to have about 2 feet of water running through the whole thing now..the pond is gushing water out the overflow and the inflow to it looked like a fire truck was blasting a hose into it.

even when the water recedes I've got major trees across at least 3 sections of my riding trails...haven't been back on the far section to see if I've lost more there. Right now I'd have more luck with a jon boat than a quad (grin)

• Sad 1

LOLs i gotsta show all my girls some love!

ok here the 03 Kodiak—badass lil Ultramatic!

4533292A-9968-42C8-94C1-C6B3EDC6E475.jpeg

• Haha 1

Yeah covid closed all of them. They are talking about opening back up but they are all small family owned tracks so its up to them when/if they re-open. Not to mention this May has been more like april. I cant remember a 3 day stretch without rain of some sort here. Its beginning to feel like seattle washington here in ohio. LoL

i sure hope they open backup .... you racing guys sure do put alot into those beast... it's ashamed to see them just set... plus i imagine takes a tad to get back into the groove of racing / being chased ... man... i hear you on the rain.... i didn't think it would ever stop here... most rain / flooding we've seen in years! i was finally able to mow again today... those riding boots you got, those we the ones you, and another hand talked about here, did they work good ?? 

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i sure hope they open backup .... you racing guys sure do put alot into those beast... it's ashamed to see them just set... plus i imagine takes a tad to get back into the groove of racing / being chased ... man... i hear you on the rain.... i didn't think it would ever stop here... most rain / flooding we've seen in years! i was finally able to mow again today... those riding boots you got, those we the ones you, and another hand talked about here, did they work good ?? 

No these arent the boots i was getting for my buddy. These are new boots i bought outright over the winter. They are alpinestars tech7's. Luckily i was able to use my rocky cash from all my rockymountain atv/mc purchases and i sold my old boots for 100 bucks to a friend that needed boots bad and they were the only ones that fit him. These boots retail for a hard to swallow amount of money lol. But i only had 100 dollars out of pocket for them after everything was all said and done. And they are so comfortable its insane.

• Like 2

Ok good i was gonna ask what boots those were—we utility troops wear Muck Boots LOL

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SlammedRanger said:

These boots retail for a hard to swallow amount of money lol.

i was hopping you'd volunteer  that information ... lol, i wouldn't mind having a myself a nice pare of riding boots ... but they would need to be work boots too...  i reckon I'll go with wolverine , or timberland pro ... etc.. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i was hopping you'd volunteer  that information ... lol, i wouldn't mind having a myself a nice pare of riding boots ... but they would need to be work boots too...  i reckon I'll go with wolverine , or timberland pro ... etc.. 

350 or 375 depending on how fancy you want them to look. But these are riding boots only. Walking around in them for long would suck! They are more for ankle protection than anything.

• Thanks 1

ouch!! eh, you sport guys... completely defrent ... ..... you recall unklerara  ? took me a few to locate this pic, we need to get him over here, he's sure enough a character .. lol. 

most times I'm in my converes shoes and yes! even sawing wood .. haha! i say be as comfortable as chooses.... anyways ... 

image.jpg

On 5/29/2020 at 9:09 PM, Goober said:

LOLs i gotsta show all my girls some love!

ok here the 03 Kodiak—badass lil Ultramatic!

4533292A-9968-42C8-94C1-C6B3EDC6E475.jpeg

wait...?!!!! what?!!!!! please tell me this is your actual private collection of bikes...it'll make me feel sooooo much better about myself and my collecting hobbies (grin)

You know what sucks?  When you're just going to run out to check something on the farm, so you're still in your flip-flops, and you get stuck, or the bike dies on you, and you have to get off in the muck.

Wife got me a good pair of muck boots 2-3 years ago.  I've about worn them out.