shadetree

My cabin front deck

I thought i had a thread here on my cabin remodeling i did last summer ?, but could not find it, anyway, as i promised , i would start in on my front deck, here is a couple pic's i got done yesterday. i was beat, i could hardly move from cramping all over..sucks to be old and disabled i tell ya !. BEFORE you say anything about some of the boards laying on the deck !!!, not all of those in front of the door are cut to length, i just laid the cut-offs from center ones that i had to make longer because right under the door is longer from the front to the door because of the siding. not trying for anything fancy here ?, just wanted some where to grill out, and have a seat in the sun. gonna load up the remaining deck boards here soon, head back down there this morning before the heat gets up !..lol. i tried to load all of the wood in my truck, but it would have been to heavy, and the spec hitch i got for long lumber was like 1 inch off my driveway !..lol. so had to unload some deck boards ( 12 of them ) 5/4x6x12'. my bed was starting to turn into a low rider..lol. my game plan for now is just to get the top part built, then come back later and add the railing. i got some step risers that will go in the very middle of the front of the deck, should get the steps added today. i will post some more pics later today when i get back home.

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1129.JPG

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

you did .... i think in the mybb forums ?? but i thought you had one here too. 

i know i had a thread on the old sight, and thought ?..i had a thread here ?, oh well.

26 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

you did .... i think in the mybb forums ?? but i thought you had one here too. 

Get him Wilson , he is the one that is always on double thread posters , LOL   

Looking good !!!! 

• Haha 2

got the top part, and steps done. time for a break now from it.

IMG_1131.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

• Like 9

What did you use to attach your stringers to the beam?  Thanks.  I just had stairs collapse under me last week, had a contractor build them for me while working in the arctic- my mistake. All he used was 2 small nails to attach the riser plate to the landing floor joist, I missed checking that. 

• Sad 1

Shade,not bad....Looks nice I would enjoy having a camp like that.

Looking good shade....I think your old post was on the dev site we had prior to setting this forum up.  If I can figure out how to log in there I will check it out....

Nope wasnt in the dev site so I guess Wilson was correct and it was on the old mybb forum which I think is gone now.  Unless retro has a copy somewhere.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CamKnouff said:

What did you use to attach your stringers to the beam?  Thanks.  I just had stairs collapse under me last week, had a contractor build them for me while working in the arctic- my mistake. All he used was 2 small nails to attach the riser plate to the landing floor joist, I missed checking that. 

i used truss hangers, seeing how they were out of stair stringer brackets. they are metal brackets that are flat on on end, and have a piece on the bottom that bend, so the bottom of the stringer is at an angle. https://www.lowes.com/pd/USP-1-3-4-in-x-5-1-16-in-18-Gauge-Triple-Zinc-Face-Mount-Joist-Hanger/3375802 . every board was screwed together with exterior wood screws that call for a torx screw bit. 

10 hours ago, riverc said:

Shade,not bad....Looks nice I would enjoy having a camp like that.

thank you !, its a home away from home, standing on the ( deck now ) you can see the white river about 300 yards away.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bcsman said:

Nope wasnt in the dev site so I guess Wilson was correct and it was on the old mybb forum which I think is gone now.  Unless retro has a copy somewhere.....

i know it had it on the old sight we all came from, no biggie. if there is anyone here that wants me to post the over haul of this cabin in this thread ?, i'll post all the pics from start to finish. too all the new members, i completely remodeled the whole outside , roof, and walls all the way around, rebuilt the front porch, added 6x6 beams in spots that were about to fall down.

• Like 3

Have you installed your walk in beer fridge yet.....

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TBRider said:

Have you installed your walk in beer fridge yet.....

rofl, now thats a walkin fridge !..lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On June 6, 2020 at 5:45 AM, Fishfiles said:

Get him Wilson , he is the one that is always on double thread posters , LOL   

Looking good !!!! 

nah.... i see alot of that going on... instead of looking back in the forums lol! but it's more like double / multiple threads.... 

ditto and i have no clue where it is .... lol shade i reckon you'll have to post all those pics again... maybe this should be a sticky (just joking)  ?? so it will stay put ? 

The thread and pics were on the bb site we were using last fall before this one came online...

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 6:16 PM, CamKnouff said:

Holy !. Nice contractor. You would figure someone in BC would know about wood??

ok, seems my old cabin remodel pics were eat'n on test sight ?, so i'll post them here in this thread. mind you, i did all of this myself, it took me all summer last year, i dang near wound up in the hospital over it !. i'll start out with pics from the beginning stages, up until painting. most of these pics are me putting 6x6 beams under the high side, 2x2x18 inch footing with 1/2 rebar in the footings.

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

• Like 2

next is me rebuilding the roof, i custom built each truss one by one on site.

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

• Like 2

next is all the old tile siding getting ripped off, i did not take any pics of the rear part of the roof going up, but i built it the same way as the front. i replaced the siding with smart siding. front porch wall getting gutted, then rebuilt, then siding on it.

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

• Like 2

next was ripping front porch floor up, replacing front door, replacing one of the windows.

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG