shadetree

My cabin front deck

i remember these pictures, least from the old site. i complimented you on your termite protection. lol

6 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i remember these pictures, least from the old site. i complimented you on your termite protection. lol

haha..yeah..used 10w-30 motor oil from my truck, 5-gallon bucket, let the beams soak for a bit before i installed them, should last a few years huh ?..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

headed down there today. gonna put the railing up, and install a new 20 gallon hot water tank. spent all day yesterday building a cabinet, insulating it, i hope to get it put in, and hooked up today.

• Like 1

yeah..used 10w-30 motor oil from my truck.^^^^@ shadetree

i only wish i did when i built my building. termites got a corner. also. i added an extra floor, and the building is leaning. the ground dont support the weight. rock and clay on most the property, i just happened to pick the soft ground. lol 

oh well. live an learn. the siding came from lowes, and some from home depot. paint, dont stick to it well. wish i had knew that then. i got about 36 sheets of 4x8 i got to replace, or use siding. first, i got to move the building, down a hill. its a nice spot, and warmer then the ground on top the hill. the wind aint so much, between the hills, it is cool, enough during the summer, trees, but also warm, in the winter, cause there aint so much wind. only i could get satellite internet there. heck with TV commercials, and some show in-between, if i never hear a pillow commercial again, it wont be too soon.

here is the deck with the railing installed. spent most of the day getting it all up. will head back down there tomorrow to hook the new how water tank up to my well pump line.

IMG_1138.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG

• Like 4

Yea I also remember all the old pics.  Also remember you talking about what a pain in the butt putting up the roof trusses was.  They couldn't be assembled on the ground and lifted up, you had to make them in place.....seem to recall a few 4 letter words in the description....lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

@shadetree, you have been a busy man!!

haha..most of this work was completed last summer. all was left was to add a front deck on. the inside still needs some work, but that can wait. being disabled and 56 is taken its toll on this old man !..lol.

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

haha..most of this work was completed last summer. all was left was to add a front deck on. the inside still needs some work, but that can wait. being disabled and 56 is taken its toll on this old man !..lol.

Still, that's a good bit of work.

16 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

Still, that's a good bit of work.

your sure right !. i could of used some help a few times, but i had no one to call on at that time, so i just bit the bullet, and like always..just get-r-done !..lol.

• Like 1

seem to recall a few 4 letter words in the description....lol

was that on the thread , or on the phone ? lol! 

you thought i forgot about that comment in chat didnt ya ? it looks good shade. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

On 6/14/2020 at 12:03 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

was that on the thread , or on the phone ? lol! 

you thought i forgot about that comment in chat didnt ya ? it looks good shade. 

thanks. 

• Like 1

spent time today down there today, left house here around 5 am, got down there, started mowing yard, 3/4 way through, it started to rain. grrr. said ok, i will install the new toilet for now. got that done, then put insulation around all the pex pipes, used hanger straps to attach the pipes under the floor. got all that done, by that time the rain stopped, finished mowing the yard, packed it all up, came back home. was beat, ate, took a shower, fell asleep, just now woke up. just need to treat the deck with some water treatment, and the outside will be completely done !.

• Like 6

update; well outlaws, its been a few sense this thread was last updated ?, but i finally started in on fixing the inside these past couple days. was down there at day light wed morning , moved most of the contents out of the main room, and started ripping all the water damaged paneling off the walls. here is a few pic's of bare walls for now. came home around 2 pm wed, unloaded a truck load of broken paneling to the curb, rested a bit, headed to homedepot, spent a good chunk of change for new paneling to do the whole inside, front room, and back room area. also got a new bed room door, door lock, picked up a 20 amp breaker, seems the new window air i installed last summer draws more amps on a circuit that i had my shop vac plugged into wed, and tripped the breaker, so i picked up a new 20 amp sd breaker, 50ft 12-2 outdoor wire, i will put that main room window unit on its own breaker thursday. so now when i go to use the microwave at the same time the air is on, it wont trip the breaker. i spent 2 hrs loading my trailer and truck up weds night with all my needed tools and supply's for thursdays work. i will be down there from day light to dark thirty thursday i think ?, i'm sure i will be very tired when i get back home. i'm going to try to get all the main room paneling hung thursday ?, but i wont be able to trim the walls and doors out, as i did not pick up any trim yet, no rush for that anyway. once th front room is done, i will start in on the back bed room and bathroom area. i will post before and after pics of that when i start in on that room. pretty sure that bed room/bath area will be more work..no insulation in walls, and all the paneling has to come down, and the ceiling has to be built, as well as the wall between it, and the main room..oh what fun huh ?!..lol. here's the pics of wed work so far, i will post some after pics when i get some paneling hung back up in the main room.

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

• Like 5

Dang, Shade, i thought that was done years ago. I got no concept of time. never will. Oh. Well!! 

i seen a front door like that, not to say it is the same. it lasted 20 years though. had a screen door in front. i think its still got years to go. someone, me brother, takes the time. E bought me mom's house..

I dont think hes quite got the concept of upkeep, just yet. A sand an a repaint is do, on the weather side..

8 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

Dang, Shade, i thought that was done years ago. I got no concept of time. never will. Oh. Well!! 

i seen a front door like that, not to say it is the same. it lasted 20 years though. had a screen door in front. i think its still got years to go. someone, me brother, takes the time. E bought me mom's house..

I dont think hes quite got the concept of upkeep, just yet. A sand an a repaint is do, on the weather side..

haha..no..2 summers ago, i did the outside , and roof. this summer i'm fixing the inside. front and side door is steel, no more wooden doors for me on outside walls !.

11 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Shadetree the all around handyman! 

Looks like quite a project!

yeah..its deff a project, its kicking my butt sideways !.

got some more work inside done, started at 5:30 am, stopped at 6:00pm, came home..i'm a tad sore right now. stopped after i got the bedroom door hung.

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

• Like 3

another 13 hr shift yesterday, into the even'ing. 6 am to 7 pm, i was beat when i got home last night. the good news is i'm nearing all the big work in the main room !. couple more spots to put paneling up, then i will trim out the walls and ceiling , still not sure if i want to run baseboard ?. ran in to an issue with the kitchen sink, i had to pull the cabinets off the wall, and seen that the drain screw that holds the strainer in the sink was stripped out ?..hmm..lol. this made me pull the whole cabinet , counter top, and cabinets out. i had to do this anyway for the most part, in order to get insulation in the wall, and put paneling up. took me a few hrs to get all that area done.

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

• Like 3

headed down to cabin here soon, will hang the dishes cabinet by sink, fix sink, install new ele outlet, then start trimming out the room. chances are, i will not be down there all day today, i think i can get all this done fairly fast today ?.still need to fix the floor along the bedroom wall, water damage has rotted out the floor along it, and now you can see daylight through there..lol. i'll come up with something to fix it to keep the mice, bugs out. will post pics later today/tonight when i get a chance.

update; started in on the rear bedroom yesterday, got all of the slate off the walls, then started tearing the boards off from under the slate, got the two walls down to bare frame. ripped one piece of plywood off the floor, it was water damaged big time, i put 3/4 wafer board back down in its place, had to tote it all the way from the front yard to the back room, pretty sure i pulled something in my left arm ?, i heard a '' pop '', not sure if it fractured a joint or pulled a museal or what ??, but i know my left arm is all jacked up in pain right now !. i had to pull the toilet in order to get the full plywood floor up and back down with the new floor wood, as the dang bowl was right on the very edge of the lip ?!..grrr..lol. which also meant the wall/door was on top of it as well. so..i bit the bullet, ripped it all out. spent most of the day tearing paneling off the walls, and ripping the slate and Toung and groove boards off those two walls, that took most of my day right there. i picked up 4 rolls of R-13 insulation to put in the rear bedroom walls, and 16- 2x4x8 boards to space them at 16 on center, makes it easier to put the insulation in the wall. only thing i like buying now is plywood for the ceiling . i am not sure if i want to insulate the ceiling in the bedroom yet ?, it would need to be stappled to the joist kraft side facing down, which means i'd be stappling it upside down, then put the plywood up. also, i did not put the joist on 16 or 24 center back then, which means, i may have to go with putting the plywood up first, then getting that insulation that you blow in attics. i'll give this some thought later when i reach the ceiling install point.

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

• Like 2

Hope your arm is better.

what do you mean by slate on the walls?  asbestos shingle?

here in the park, going with one of my buds to take his grandkids fishing 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shadetree said:

update; started in on the rear bedroom yesterday, got all of the slate off the walls, then started tearing the boards off from under the slate, got the two walls down to bare frame. ripped one piece of plywood off the floor, it was water damaged big time, i put 3/4 wafer board back down in its place, had to tote it all the way from the front yard to the back room, pretty sure i pulled something in my left arm ?, i heard a '' pop '', not sure if it fractured a joint or pulled a museal or what ??, but i know my left arm is all jacked up in pain right now !. i had to pull the toilet in order to get the full plywood floor up and back down with the new floor wood, as the dang bowl was right on the very edge of the lip ?!..grrr..lol. which also meant the wall/door was on top of it as well. so..i bit the bullet, ripped it all out. spent most of the day tearing paneling off the walls, and ripping the slate and Toung and groove boards off those two walls, that took most of my day right there. i picked up 4 rolls of R-13 insulation to put in the rear bedroom walls, and 16- 2x4x8 boards to space them at 16 on center, makes it easier to put the insulation in the wall. only thing i like buying now is plywood for the ceiling . i am not sure if i want to insulate the ceiling in the bedroom yet ?, it would need to be stappled to the joist kraft side facing down, which means i'd be stappling it upside down, then put the plywood up. also, i did not put the joist on 16 or 24 center back then, which means, i may have to go with putting the plywood up first, then getting that insulation that you blow in attics. i'll give this some thought later when i reach the ceiling install point.

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

Looking good , lots of work >>> 

Wish you wouldn't show ashtrays with cigarette butts in the pics , having a stressful day and thinking of falling off the wagon after viewing , your a Marlboro guy , aye !!!!  LOL --- Hope you feel better !!!