pronto

trx300 1997 piston

hi all what pistons are you all running in the trx300 she is starting to blow heaps of blue smoke on start up and not so much when riding, i have already changed valve seals and reseated them exhaust one was full of carbon

haha..i see you made it here !. namura or shindy, or oem is best. if ya have not already ?, please make a post in the new member section, tell'n us a tad about yourself, no need in writing a book..lol. oh, and welcome to the best sight on the net now !. your in great hands here.

• Like 1

before i dig deeper, is this a utility or sport atv ?.

Welcome to forums , Pronto ----  I think I read a post of yours somewhere else , and you must have a TRX300 Fourtrax FW or A ( utility quad ) as you mentioned putting 25 x10 in the rear  , the 300 EX ( sport quad ) uses a smaller tire ----it helps to know what you working on 

haha thank you shade tree got me on the right track in the end, fishfiles i have a honda trx300 1997 i picked up and i am re building will be putting a post on new members 

40 minutes ago, pronto said:

haha thank you shade tree got me on the right track in the end, fishfiles i have a honda trx300 1997 i picked up and i am re building will be putting a post on new members 

Pronto ,  I am still not clear on what you got , you need some letters behind the numbers :

3 TRX300s  were available in 97 

1997 TRX300 FW ( 4wd )  Fourtrax utility quad 

1997 TRX300 A ( 2wd)  Fourtrax utility quad 

1997 TRX300 EX Sports Quad 

I have an OEM piston in great shape. IF you pay the shipping it's yours. You'll have to pick up some rings for it...

• Like 1

I like Shindy, but wheeler's offer would be hard to beat unless your cylinder has to be bored.  I have rarely gotten by with a hone and rings.  Normally I've had to bore them with a new piston.

• Like 2