Pampas56

Fourtrax petcock

Now that the quad is back to working, (THANK YOU ALL for your help!) I looked at the spare fuel tank that I got with the quad and decided to play around with a redneck spraybomb custom paint job. 

All was going fine until I discovered that the petcock was broken.  It seems that this quad has the only petcock that exits on the left as opposed to the right side.  

Being left handed I am used to the world being backwards, but did I buy the ONLY left handed bike on the planet?

Replacements if available cost 50+ new and 30+ used, while everything else uses 10 to 20 dollar (Right hand) petcocks.

Any brilliant ideas or am I stuck shelling out the big bucks or swapping the petcock whenever I want to swap tanks?

Steve 

all old school , trx250's, trx300fw's, and even new atvs have the petcock on the left side of the tanks. some newer style atvs have have the petcock on the right side, but not many that i've seen ?. but as far as old school ?, most petcocks are on the left hand side of the fuel tank.

• Like 1

Is this on that 91 300?  If so, just get one of the cheap aftermarket petcocks on ebay.  They work fine.

No, it's a 91 TRX 200D.  Petcock on the right side and the line exits to the left as you face it.

Steve

• Like 2

Post a pic of it.

Ok good i didn’t know what model quad you were asking about.

i buy OEM and that’s what I would recommend for yours; at least if you can still buy an OEM replacement. $50 isn’t terrible for a unique piece so long as you’ve researched it and have the right part number.

there might a rebuild kit for it too

i rebuilt mine—rebuild kit cost $20