Misterclean

Colorado here I come.

Well I just made reservations in Silverton for nine days. Me and the wife are riding all the jeep roads and trails there. I've been many times so its no surprise. There's only a few dead end roads that I've never done. I'm going to schedule those just in case one is a hidden gem. The other close towns are Lake city, Ouray and Telluride. If anyone wants to meet us for a day just let me know......I know the area well enough to be a guide.

Edited by Misterclean
  • Like 2

Misterclean, what are your dates for this...I live in Grand Junction, might just ride down and have a coffee with ya. Derf40  (cain't run with jeeps). 😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Derf40 said:

Misterclean, what are your dates for this...I live in Grand Junction, might just ride down and have a coffee with ya. Derf40  (cain't run with jeeps). 😉

August 3rd thru 12th. Silverton Lakes RV. We are renting a cabin. It's not 100% we will make it. I had to reserve because the availability of cabins were slim. "Can't run with jeeps" what do you mean?

If y'all go have fun,I miss my summers in Gunnison and fishing Blue Mesa.

• Like 1

I'll keep those dates in mind... I own only a lonely ATV. its hard to run ATV with jeeps... Black Bear  pass is one-way only. (about 70 mile return on pavement..no ATV,s) anyway, we can still have some coffee together. We would enjoy meeting you and yours... Derf40

1 hour ago, riverc said:

36 minutes ago, Derf40 said:

I'll keep those dates in mind... I own only a lonely ATV. its hard to run ATV with jeeps... Black Bear  pass is one-way only. (about 70 mile return on pavement..no ATV,s) anyway, we can still have some coffee together. We would enjoy meeting you and yours... Derf40

We are running a few TRX 420's and my yz 250. I called Telluride police yesterday. They will allow ATV's to pass thru town as long as you just pass thru politely. I did it twice a few years ago. We rode back to 550 and then on the highway a few miles to the first road up mineral creek. Thats a very long ride but worth it. Another very long ride is over Stoney pass to Rio Grande reservoir. Then left(north) on a 50" trail over the continental to the south loop of the Alpine loop.. That's about an 85 or 90 mile ride.

1 hour ago, riverc said:

My niece and her husband own Black Stock Bistro in Gunni. Ever been there? It's probably the best restaurant in town.

10 hours ago, Misterclean said:

My niece and her husband own Black Stock Bistro in Gunni. Ever been there? It's probably the best restaurant in town.

Yes,been to most restaurants in Gunnison.My favorite (Regular) was Agave Mexican....Love eating good Mexican food.

• Like 2

you guys got no worries that i will ever move up there. i still think it is to cold. maybe fish does, have worries haha, guess i will stay where im at. some days i can still tolerate the weather here, more than most can. just imagine someone, that will walk outside the house, while the air is on, an like it. wimpy generation, and their parents, before them, my siblings. in a word, where you dont go outside. to comfy inside the house. its just getting warm here, and it will be over to soon. it is nice that it is still daylight at 9. it will be over before i get used to it. so it goes. it is the way.

• Like 1

i don't know myself .... because people are leaving  the big citiest in droves .... and I've had 3 notes in my mail box of offers to purchase some of my land .... and my father has too.. land prices here have jumped here lately ... so .... maybe a time to get gone .... I'll just baise my choice on what happens with the blue flu....but it's NOT looking good! .... i think (if i move) to Wyoming .... or Canada ... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, riverc said:

Yes,been to most restaurants in Gunnison.My favorite (Regular) was Agave Mexican....Love eating good Mexican food.

Is it located on Highway 50? If so I ate there a few years ago and it was very good.......and thats coming from a Texas boy......we know good mexican food. If thats the location then Black Stock Bistro is almost next door.......just a hundred feet or more east.

10 hours ago, LedFTed said:

you guys got no worries that i will ever move up there. i still think it is to cold. maybe fish does, have worries haha, guess i will stay where im at. some days i can still tolerate the weather here, more than most can. just imagine someone, that will walk outside the house, while the air is on, an like it. wimpy generation, and their parents, before them, my siblings. in a word, where you dont go outside. to comfy inside the house. its just getting warm here, and it will be over to soon. it is nice that it is still daylight at 9. it will be over before i get used to it. so it goes. it is the way.

I have several family members that live in Colorado and I've been skiing there many times. The cold is not the same cold as the Texas Gulf coast cold. Their humidity is much lower and the air is much thinner........that makes a huge difference. my brother in law lived at 9000 feet just south of Gunnison (off the grid) and he said if the wind wasn't blowing hard and the sun was out you could be outside without a coat.......usually just a shirt was ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misterclean said:

Is it located on Highway 50? If so I ate there a few years ago and it was very good.......and thats coming from a Texas boy......we know good mexican food. If thats the location then Black Stock Bistro is almost next door.......just a hundred feet or more east.

No,Agave is located on main road that goes to Crested Butte,it's in a strip center next door to Pie-Zan Pizza.Its walking distance to City Market and Walmart.

They do have 2 Mexican restaurants on Hwy 50 thru town.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Misterclean said:

I have several family members that live in Colorado and I've been skiing there many times. The cold is not the same cold as the Texas Gulf coast cold. Their humidity is much lower and the air is much thinner........that makes a huge difference. my brother in law lived at 9000 feet just south of Gunnison (off the grid) and he said if the wind wasn't blowing hard and the sun was out you could be outside without a coat.......usually just a shirt was ok.

best not advertise it much, or no telling who will move up there. 😀 Florida was a cold place, during the winter, in the later 70's. it only got to the lower 20s, maybe the teens, it was a wet cold. Ocala still got an ocean, or gulf breeze.

• Like 1

We have enough mosquitoes, flies and ticks here that it keeps alot of people from moving here.

• Like 4

Well.......As I was saying, "Colorado Here i come!".......back on topic. LOL I may not even take my YZ250. Usually I ride the wheeler some and the bike some. If it's just my and the wife I will only take the wheeler. It's hard to find a rock to lean the bike on to look at scenery. The wheeler is far more comfortable for sight seeing. On a side note I've been looking for another used Rancher nut the prices have jumped up almost a thousand dollars on the used market. Even the new prices have jumped a thousand. My local dealer quoted me $4900 out the door just a few weeks ago. I called around several other dealers in Houston and they were $1000 to $1500 more. This is for the base model 2wd.!!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Misterclean said:

Well.......As I was saying, "Colorado Here i come!".......back on topic. LOL I may not even take my YZ250. Usually I ride the wheeler some and the bike some. If it's just my and the wife I will only take the wheeler. It's hard to find a rock to lean the bike on to look at scenery. The wheeler is far more comfortable for sight seeing. On a side note I've been looking for another used Rancher nut the prices have jumped up almost a thousand dollars on the used market. Even the new prices have jumped a thousand. My local dealer quoted me $4900 out the door just a few weeks ago. I called around several other dealers in Houston and they were $1000 to $1500 more. This is for the base model 2wd.!!!

I've noticed prices have jumped lately on new and used machines.  That's what happens when a few trillion dollars are created out of thin air and dumped into the economy.  I'm sure production and delivery has been slowed down as well.

The question is, will they drop back down, or will they stay up?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Misterclean said:

I paid $5100 for a 2019 Rancher 420 4wd.They ain't cheap.A 2020 Kawasaki 300 brute force 2wd cost me $4299.

Have you ever been up to Taylor Park lots of trails up Cottonwood Pass? 

They have a rv park and cabins,and a beautiful lake with good fishing.

5 hours ago, riverc said:

I paid $5100 for a 2019 Rancher 420 4wd.They ain't cheap.A 2020 Kawasaki 300 brute force 2wd cost me $4299.

$5100 out the door? Yes I've been to Taylor Park Reservoir. Stayed about 4 or 5 days about 3 years ago. First week of september. Got in the twenties at night! I've been to the silverton area perhaps10 or 12 times? I could be a guide! LOL

Our local dealer is two blocks from my house. He said they have been selling so fast they can't keep up putting them together.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, riverc said:

Yes out the door from the Honda dealer in covington LA.They finally completed paving the road across cottonwood pass,a lot shorter now for people coming from Denver and colorado springs bet its going to get crowded now.

10 miles west on Gunnison i lived and worked at Gunnison Lakeside Rv Park on Blue Mesa Res. for 4 summers (6 months). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Misterclean said:

$5100 out the door? Yes I've been to Taylor Park Reservoir. Stayed about 4 or 5 days about 3 years ago. First week of september. Got in the twenties at night! I've been to the silverton area perhaps10 or 12 times? I could be a guide! LOL

Sounds like you enjoy crossing Wolf Creek Pass.We like crossing Monarch Pass works that powerstroke towing a 37' 5th wheel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, riverc said:

Yes out the door from the Honda dealer in covington LA.They finally completed paving the road across cottonwood pass,a lot shorter now for people coming from Denver and colorado springs bet its going to get crowded now.

10 miles west on Gunnison i lived and worked at Gunnison Lakeside Rv Park on Blue Mesa Res. for 4 summers (6 months). 

Cottonwood pass was bumpy and dusty......should be much faster now. My niece lives in a subdivision on the river just west of gunnison on 50. My brother in law lived off the grid south of Gunnison on the first road on the west side of the airport south about 10 miles. Nice area.

Found out yesterday our local dealer sold 275 machines last month. Our town is about 9,000 people with about 25,000 total within 15 miles. 

• Like 2

I cleaned this thread up deleting the posts that went sideways into politics.  We have to keep these threads on topic so keeping a better eye on things...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1