Eyewitness89

650 rincon timing

So I searched the Service Manual and the Rincon forums to no great success. I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to set the timing chain on a Rincon 650. I dont understand getting TDC on a compression stroke when the valves have to be off to put the new chain on the cam. Most I could gather was the "T" mark needs to be in the sight hole, and the long hash mark on the cam gear lined up with top of cylinder, the 2 short hash marks lined up parallel with casing. If that's even right on setting the cam. Once I get that in I can check timing when it goes back together.

20200617_124750.jpg

20200617_124730.jpg

You want the cam lobes facing down, dashes on the cam lined up with head, and T showing in the sight hole

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

You want the cam lobes facing down, dashes on the cam lined up with head, and T showing in the sight hole

Thanks, mostly what I had gathered minus the part about the lobes, my new tensioner should be in tomorrow so I can slap this thing back together. 

• Like 1

lobes face down, lines on cam sprocket sit horz to head surface. as for the T mark in your pic ^^^ ?, DO NOT LINE THE T MARK !!!, USE THE LINE UNDER THE T MARK !!.