slowindown

Best contactor locations foreman 500

06 Foreman 

So I bought a winch and a kfi mount plate. The KFI instructions suggest mounting the contactor on the right outside of the rear storage box. I mounted the one on my 350 rancher inside the storage box (never a problem in 16 years but it took up storage space so I’m not doing that again). Also I was thinking there might be some space somewhere around the gas tank. 

Where have yall mounted yours?

BTW, I bought a harbor freight zxr 3500. It was only $120 with a coupon I found online. I’ve gone ahead and mounted the handle bar switch behind my cup holder and the remote receptacle in the front storage compartment. The mount was just delivered so I hope to install the rest in the morning. 

spacer.png

2501F91E-15A3-4948-A141-42641974314B.jpeg

F1CA46CD-ACB4-4EBB-B55E-3BAF93400B77.jpeg

79727ACE-0637-4AFE-A5EB-35F1FA088A07.jpeg

00C2CCF4-3033-4A21-A321-A66C8671205C.jpeg

71242B93-FE1F-41B4-9B4D-5C866112735F.jpeg

Edited by slowindown
  • Like 1

I always put mine in the back storage box.  Make them easy to get to if they need replacement or work.

I ended up mounting it above the a arms, just behind the right headlight on the side of the oil cooler shroud. This is similar to the location of the one on my commander. 

Years ago I put the one on my rancher in the box. It just made my storage box less useful. 

44DCD8A6-8F7C-4227-9C2E-5C1735936DF9.jpeg

@slowindown

I am looking at a winch mount for my 450. Read your post about the KFI plates. looks pretty good. Do you have a pic of the front after its mounted? It almost looks like it has a front plate built in that goes in front of the bumper. I was going to get a hook holster too at some point, but it looks like they'd clash.

Thanks!

Whoops. Click another link on their page and I think I answered my question. May interfere...but its all behind the bumper.

image.png

Edited by 87Iroc

13 minutes ago, 87Iroc said:

@slowindown

I am looking at a winch mount for my 450. Read your post about the KFI plates. looks pretty good. Do you have a pic of the front after its mounted? It almost looks like it has a front plate built in that goes in front of the bumper. I was going to get a hook holster too at some point, but it looks like they'd clash.

Thanks!

Whoops. Click another link on their page and I think I answered my question. May interfere...but its all behind the bumper.

image.png

AGAIN.....KFI PLATE!!!. mounts behind the front bumper.

• Like 1

Here’s the drybox mount in my TRX300 — you may have to remove the 450/500 drybox to get the contactor centered. I recommend you use a big grommet for yhe cable passage or wrap lotsa tape to prevent wire chafing

DB3A887E-B311-4D6F-9352-035ED33EC0D2.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

AGAIN.....KFI PLATE!!!. mounts behind the front bumper.

Overuse of capitals shade? Or just saying its the Shade approved plate?

2 minutes ago, 87Iroc said:

Overuse of capitals shade? Or just saying its the Shade approved plate?

no..its called trying to teach that china guy to buy the CORRECT PARTS !..LOL.

• Like 1

Just now, _Wilson_™ said:

maybe .... but at least it's not china made ... lol! 

shushhh..you'll have him thinking all china stuff is good stuff ?!..lol.

• Haha 1

lol, well at least it MAYBE won't be Polaris ... bikes ... that would be a NEW low    no offence ... oh400ex ... :-) 

4 hours ago, 87Iroc said:

@slowindown

Thanks!

image.png

Heres a couple of pics that shows how much it sticks out.  Only the fairlead sticks out not the kfi plate.  Those pics include the shackle plate I made which mounts to the bottom of the kfi plate and is shown in this thread link:  

268E75D7-FC84-4965-BE03-E848DB74BE15.jpeg

A1EFC6C6-B786-4C63-A390-56858C55DDF2.jpeg

Edited by slowindown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

lol, well at least it MAYBE won't be Polaris ... bikes ... that would be a NEW low    no offence ... oh400ex ... 🙂

I have  never owned a Polaris... am I offended because people pay me to work on them? 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slowindown said:

Heres a couple of pics that shows how much it sticks out.  Only the fairlead sticks out not the kfi plate.  Those pics include the shackle plate I made which mounts to the bottom of the kfi plate and is shown in this thread link:  

this not a trx450..not even the same set up on the front area.

• Like 1

this is not mine, but same trx450fm ( 2003 ), this is green, mine is red, notice how far out the hook is :-).

IMG_0298.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks guys.  (Except the China contingent.   Of course. 😉 )

I am assuming aluminum products skid plate hook holster is not compatible with a kfi mount?

23 minutes ago, shadetree said:

this is not mine, but same trx450fm ( 2003 ), this is green, mine is red, notice how far out the hook is :-).

IMG_0298.JPG

Thanks.  That helps.  Good looking machine. Just needs LED pods

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slowindown said:

Thanks for the pics! I didn’t realize nose was so different

27 minutes ago, 87Iroc said:

Thanks.  That helps.  Good looking machine. Just needs LED pods

i built that green 2003 for a good friend of mine, paid 400 bucks for it, done a ground up restore on it, he bought all new oem parts, warn pro vantage 2500-s, kfi roller fairlead, kfi mounting plate. and no, he did not want a stupid light bar on it...lol. all labor was free for him.

• Like 3

here's mine, minus the winch, i did not have the warn winch installed when i took these pics, but it has the same look as the green one ^^^. notice the miles/hours on her ?..lol.

IMG_0001 (1).JPG

IMG_0002 (1).JPG

IMG_0003 (1).JPG

IMG_0004 (1).JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

• Like 5

6 hours ago, shadetree said:

notice the miles/hours on her ?..lol.

Did @AKATV poke it with a stick?

Love the no stickers look! Have you considered getting a wing for it?

I have some large wings that I like to install wrapped around the tank for a "factory graphics" sort of look.

I could see a 10-12 inch black wing looking awesome on that bike... can get a smaller one for a more stock look

Edited by oh400ex

7 hours ago, oh400ex said:

I have  never owned a Polaris... am I offended because people pay me to work on them? 😂

wait.... now... lol those are sure enough job security ...for those who dare ... cause you fix them, and they come right back for more repairs ..... . i myself ... wouldn't touch one....