cr0ck1

Power Steering Problem!!!! Help.

Wifes 16 rancher had the PS light come on and PS stop working..

Took it to the dealer and they said 1hr $125 and said it was the battery..80$ more..

Didnt fix it.. then they said the computer on the front passenger side has corroded connections and was basically needing replaced. 

So we just took the rancher home....

Took off the computer and yes it was so corroded that it had no contacts.. even the plug was screwed..

250$ new computer, 150$ whole new wire harness... 

PS light still flashing.. said screw it.. bought a new EPS unit $250 more..

All buttoned up everything new...

PS LIGHT STILL FLASHING...

I heard that the PCM needs to be reset .... but the dealer wants $120 more for the hour....

Bout tired of it..

I JUST NEED TO RESET THE computer or ECU.. CANNOT find the Svc Manual on line... I know its a key turn and a jumper to reset the computer.. 

Welcome to the forum. If its flashing any codes I would write them down just for future reference if the reset doesn't work. The EPS light will have 2 different blink patterns when giving the code, a long blink and short. 2 long blinks and 1 short gives a code 21 (2x10= 20 +1 = 21). It will have a pause between each code it gives if there is more than one. You can retrieve them also by using a jumper the same as below but install the jumper, turn key on and read codes.

epserase1.jpg

epserase2.jpg

• Like 3

We have a link on this forum yet for the factory service manual PDF downloads?

i know it was taken down prior to this place coming online. 

We have a link to it? I’m on mobile and had the old link on my desktop at work 

It's being talked about in the back end but waiting on a few members to get here that had them. I didn't have anything that new in my collection.

If you was close to me it takes about 5 minutes to do it with the computer but if your paying $120/hr labor rates your not close to me.

Yes, just use a jumper wire and connect the brown/red and green wire at the connector. If you have a wire feed welder it has about the perfect size wire to fit in the terminals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toodeep said:

Yes, just use a jumper wire and connect the brown/red and green wire at the connector. If you have a wire feed welder it has about the perfect size wire to fit in the terminals.

Yes i do have a wire feed welder!! Ill try all this tomorrow and post an update!! Thx all

14 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Just a heads up @cr0ck1 i went ahead and removed the thread saying you moved the topic. No need for it anyway.

Yes! No prob!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TBRider said:

Have you replaced the 40 amp ps fuse in by the battery?

If its a regular fuse they all have been checked. 

It's not a regular style fuse, it's in a grey casing all by itself, under the seat by the battery.

Ok found it. Checked it... its new and mint.. actually swapped with a new ine just to be sure..

ps light still flashing.

Funny thing.. we have another wire harness we purchased...

the new wire harness has 2 40 amp fuses next together.. my wifes atv only had 1...

weird. But that 1 grey box fuse was not blown.

What does the circled mean???

turned?? Whats that sign mean? Ate they talkng about the cut off red switch??

4716B8B8-DC59-402C-A670-D3705C8AF59B.jpeg

The kill switch on the left handlebar switch needs to be in the run/middle position.  

Please help

this screwdriver thing?? Wtf? It dont stay... you will need to turn the tires hard left to out it there then it falls out??

please help

I just cant do this crap.. lights still flashing.. screwdriver things a joke.. 

ive been dealing with for a year.. 

over it.

Sorry your struggling here man. But it looks like we are the only ones on rightnow. Alot of people are probably celebrating thanksgiving this weekend if they couldnt get off work thursday. Im not seeing this "screw driver thing" your talking about though either. But im a sport quad guy so no powersteering on any of them. But please hang tight and people will chime in soon hopefully.