cr0ck1

Power Steering Problem!!!! Help.

16 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

A for sale sign will clear up all problems 

Yea... cause your right.

There's nothing cheap about the honda tester and I dont even know if the general public can get the files to update/operate it. I would call around to some different dealers and see what they would charge to just clear the codes, no strings attached. If the problem is there the code will just reset so they can't guarantee anything but it would be done and you would know where to proceed.  

We have those types of dealers as well and it keeps me busy. If you do find an mcs reader on ebay or even the older hds I can probably hook you up with the files needed. 

50 minutes ago, toodeep said:

We have those types of dealers as well and it keeps me busy. If you do find an mcs reader on ebay or even the older hds I can probably hook you up with the files needed. 

What exactly do i have to search for?

18 hours ago, toodeep said:

There's nothing cheap about the honda tester and I dont even know if the general public can get the files to update/operate it. I would call around to some different dealers and see what they would charge to just clear the codes, no strings attached. If the problem is there the code will just reset so they can't guarantee anything but it would be done and you would know where to proceed.  

LOL.  Like trying to reinitialize an 05-14 Rubicon?  Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start

Was trying to get a buddy of mine walked through initializing his Rubicon.  Took him about 20 times to get the timing right where it worked.

14 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

LOL.  Like trying to reinitialize an 05-14 Rubicon?  Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start

Was trying to get a buddy of mine walked through initializing his Rubicon.  Took him about 20 times to get the timing right where it worked.

Lol isnt that the code for Contra? Lol

yea i might try it 20 more times lol

4 minutes ago, cr0ck1 said:

Lol isnt that the code for Contra? Lol

yea i might try it 20 more times lol

You know it.  Same Konami guys must have set up the programming instructions for resetting these Hondas.  Have to push 100 buttons in a certain order at exact timing to get it right. 

14 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

You know it.  Same Konami guys must have set up the programming instructions for resetting these Hondas.  Have to push 100 buttons in a certain order at exact timing to get it right. 

The kicker is the “use magic to balance a screwdriver “ thing..

i bet techs all over the world are laughing at that crap!!!

I always thought the 6mm screwdriver was only needed to start the initialization process. Once you turn the bars it falls out and isn't needed anymore.... or am I telling folks the wrong way to do it?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, retro said:

I always thought the 6mm screwdriver was only needed to start the initialization process. Once you turn the bars it falls out and isn't needed anymore.... or am I telling folks the wrong way to do it?

That might be my problem.. ima try it that way tonight

• Like 1

Tried everything.. it starts the code ckearing then after i turn the steering to the right it just starts flashing that code.

Turn left with screwdriver in

blinks

back to center blinks

back to left starts throwing code non stop..

It's still seeing a problem in the system then. A multi meter, shop manual and testing is where you go from here. It could just be another corroded terminal somewhere in the system.

Honestly that computer was the only thing that had not been di electric greased. And the plug and computer under fender are brand new.

im going to pull the computer again and make sure the wires i crimped together held.. about all i can think of..

Keeps us updated. I'm really hoping you find a bad crimp connection.

Hi: When doing the initialization process with the  jumper -- you have be right on with the seconds (time) required to do it -- if you wait to long it will fail and you will have to keep trying to you get it right.

Edited by Melatv

On 12/8/2019 at 6:15 PM, toodeep said:

Whats the computer name i need to search for???

Hi: Just a question when using the screwdriver you were using edge to edge on the screwdriver -- not the flat blade

13 minutes ago, Melatv said:

Hi: Just a question when using the screwdriver you were using edge to edge on the screwdriver -- not the flat blade

Yes it starts the process but quits half way through