Wanted a foot shift lever for a 97 honda 400trx 4x4.  
My testdrive in the buggy went well till it stopped shifting, it stripped all the gears out of inside, but shaft looks ok. Thanks Bucky. 

7509CA25-539E-4CB7-9BD0-DBE20021A740.png

Edited by Buckchop
  • Like 2

Looks nice , no mention of performance !!!   all the 450s and 400s use the same lever , 24700-HM7-A00 PEDAL, GEARSHIFT , they are about $50 and still available , there are a copy of used ones on e-bay  

• Like 1

Well was hopin someone here had one i could buy. I really hate ebay and i have to have the wife do it for me.  I hate CC, Checkbooks, ebay, and paypal. Hahhaaaaa

Well didnt get to do to much of that. But u can gas it in 1,2 and it will spin tires and u can do a broady in the dirt. Climbs anything the bottom dont high center on. But when does its a big skid and u just get out and push it off. Rides good and steering is nice and tight turns. 

• Like 1

Looks awesome 

Gonna put a little tube frame back there to carry adult refreshments?

Its has one. Between the backwindow and the gastank. Just right size for an large igloo cooler. And easy to get to thro back window/net 

391855E4-8C14-4437-8EAC-03163245381C.png

70A85DD5-37A6-4098-A18F-2A6858808BCB.jpeg

• Like 4

Does anyone have a shifter lever they want to sell?  Thought id have more luck but mayb thats an item that everyone keeps cause this happens often????

Still available from Honda , link below ....  also , you can see the interchange chart on that link of what other models are the exact same part -----  I would guess that you cut  and welded on the lever to make it work on your buggy  , so I would think there are many models that would work for you 

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/24700-HM7-A00?ref=7a194643a2751faefb5e22a466b41da3789d94ee

No i havent cut and welded the shift lever. It was just unbolted and rotated to 12:00 position and the toe tab cut off and a hole drilled in its place to mount the linkage to.  So its basicly all stock and easy to replace parts without having to build or buy something exotic. 

And difficult for me to order parts off ebay as i dont have pay pal or a CC. That y thought id look here for one.  Thanks Bucky

Looks like a Foreman 400 and 450 are the same.  Do you need a specific shifter for those models or just a shifter that fits the splines?

Jeep, long as it fits the splines it b ok.  Im also going to redo the linkage once get a new shifter lever.  Think im going to use an equipment style push/pull cable instead of linkage and belcranks. 

Fish, like i mentioned b4, id like to pass my $$ onto someone here on the form. As i DO NOT HAVE A CREIDIT CARD, by Choice. But thanks. 

That's messed up Buck' , you need to get one ----- I couldn't own a 4 wheeler without  having a credit card , majority of parts need to be ordered ,--- even the dealers won't special order for you with out paying in advance no more , so you would have to drive there and pay before they will order , or just give the card over the phone ----- what about this situation , I know Jeep with probably work with you , but buying  a part over the net new or used is usually done by Pay Pal thru a credit card , not too many people with ship you something without first being paid 

1 hour ago, Buckchop said:

Jeep, long as it fits the splines it b ok.  Im also going to redo the linkage once get a new shifter lever.  Think im going to use an equipment style push/pull cable instead of linkage and belcranks. 

Fish, like i mentioned b4, id like to pass my $$ onto someone here on the form. As i DO NOT HAVE A CREIDIT CARD, by Choice. But thanks. 

Let me look.  I have a slew of 350 Foreman  carcasses and might have an extra shifter.  If the splined part is the same size as a 400/450 I'll send you one.

• Like 2

I do agree with u Fish, but im not in the states. The dealers i deal with here all know me30+ yrs. from school, growing up in a smaller town u know. Things different in Alaska than down ur way. And i dont mind sending $ b4 the parts get sent. I always say im the last guy u want coming to visit when u owe me. Im known as the crazy gold minner in the valley around here. Hahhaaaaaa

Jeep that sounds great keep me informed on what u find. THANKS. 

Edited by Buckchop
  • Like 1

Jeepwm69, 

Would you happen to have a ECU for a 98-01 Honda Foreman 450es 4x4. It is the computer system that controls the ESP system. It has 2 plugs and the left plug has 5pins and the right has 16pins, also the top of the box it tapered. It is located under the CDI box and the Fan Control Unit on the front center of the frame. I'm trying anything I can do to keep from paying $200-$300+ for a new factory OEM part.

Thanks,

Shawn

On 7/9/2020 at 2:09 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Let me look.  I have a slew of 350 Foreman  carcasses and might have an extra shifter.  If the splined part is the same size as a 400/450 I'll send you one.

Jeepwm69, 

Would you happen to have a ECU for a 98-01 Honda Foreman 450es 4x4. It is the computer system that controls the ESP system. It has 2 plugs and the left plug has 5pins and the right has 16pins, also the top of the box it tapered. It is located under the CDI box and the Fan Control Unit on the front center of the frame. I'm trying anything I can do to keep from paying $200-$300+ for a new factory OEM part.

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn , I might be able to help you with that part , I have a couple of ES 450s in parts and I ride 450 footshift ( that's why I don't want to cut loose with a shift lever for Buckchop ) it's has been bad luck for me to sell parts I can use , many times I sold  a part and  it is not long after that  mine breaks and I need it  -------  I should have  a couple of them ,  if I can dig it up  , but I doubt I will be able to look soon , got a lot going on this weekend and it will be off the bike buried in boxes of parts ---  do you have pay pal if we were to be able to come up with a deal ? 

6 hours ago, ShawnB85 said:

Jeepwm69, 

Thanks,

Shawn

I don’t have any 450 stuff. Hopefully Fish can help you out. 

Buckchop I’m out of town for a few days. Will look when I get home

• Like 1

Fish yea guess u could say that. Hahahaaaaa and one that enjoys gettin to do that, like i said crazy guy. Rather b living in the old west with my Schofield pistol at my side, out in the woods away from people. Hahahaaaaa

JEEP ok sounds good thanks a bunch. 

Edited by Buckchop
  • Like 1

Shawn , which one of the three you talking about , I forgot about this one ? 

Xn7yWCANRUaHtZuj%vXmUg.jpg

This is the one I need, I found one local tonight so if it's good I wont be needing it anymore. But if it's not good, I'll get ahold of you and see if we can work out a deal. 

Thanks 

Shawn

20200720_030331.jpg