Misterclean

I'm happy with my truck.

I'm happy with my 2014 Ram 1500. The front wheel bearings started making noise recently So I replaced the bearings and brake pads while in there. The front pads had 30% remaining and the rears had 50% remaining. I got 120,000 out of these parts the first time so i bought expensive parts this time so I may go another 120,000.

• Like 4

I have a 2005 Dodge 1500 and very happy with it , got no where near the milage on my brakes , but a lot of miles pulling trailers and boat and our traffic can be  a lot of stop and go , got 130,000 on it now and far into the second set of front brakes ---what have I changed so far : HMMMM ,  I have changed the entire front suspension with shocks , front bearings , rear shocks , a/c electric cooling fan , blower fan rheostat , hood shocks , EGR  valve , needs paint  and the power up/down part of the seat is broken , they don't sell the gear ,  only the entire power seat  assembly for $600 , so that ain't getting fix , unless I find a used one ----never been towed 

• Like 3

275k on my '00 chevy, 2wd, 5.3L, few parts here and there, motor has not been touched yet !? . ( knocks on head )..hope to see it last until i'm gone !.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I have a 2005 Dodge 1500 and very happy with it , got no where near the milage on my brakes , but a lot of miles pulling trailers and boat and our traffic can be  a lot of stop and go , got 130,000 on it now and far into the second set of front brakes ---what have I changed so far : HMMMM ,  I have changed the entire front suspension with shocks , front bearings , rear shocks , a/c electric cooling fan , blower fan rheostat , hood shocks , EGR  valve , needs paint  and the power up/down part of the seat is broken , they don't sell the gear ,  only the entire power seat  assembly for $600 , so that ain't getting fix , unless I find a used one ----never been towed 

I had the same truck and put 209,000 miles on it. Aside from brakes I don't remember doing anything else to it. Got rear ended right around the time I was looking for another good used one. The guy that hit me had $5,500 damage. I only got a wrinkled bumper which they gave me $900 for and my dealer gave me $3000 on trade. I chained the bumper to a tree and straightened it myself. I don't have any doubt that thing ran another 100,000 miles.

• Like 3

My work truck is a 2008 Dodge 4500 6.7 Cummins , it has 279,683 miles on it , it has been a very good truck , you can't beat the 6.7 Cummins , and the first gen 2007.5 - up was the best one , got a Smarty on it with the Middle Eastern software , knock on wood , I have had to do nothing to the Cummins engine or  Aisen transmission since I got it other than routine maintenance , I have changed the brake hydro boost , a/c compressor , wheel bearing assemblies , but nothing on the engine , since the first oil change it has had the oil changed every 7,500 miles with Shell Rotella and if you pull the dip stick, it is clean as the day it was poured in , the oil has never got  dirty , I think what really has helped this truck was the Smarty ,  deletes , and keeping the tuner at 30+ hp and no more , it can add 120+ HP ,  when set on 120+ it screams  , but been told and read that running it 120+hp  will shorten the life of the transmission  ----- this truck can get 21 mpg on the highway and it weighs in at 16,500 pounds , the best my  1500 gas engine does is 17mpg highway 

• Like 1

you can't beat a cummins ..... my old 4x4 5 speed dully ..... sure has held up good..... she's got the older 12 valve 5.9 with the inline injector pump.... only had to replace the water pump, brake pads, and rear shocks (which were still in good shape) with 500,000 + miles ... i just desided about time for the clutch to be changed out, never had an issue with the transmition ....with the few repairs .... I've been very impressed !! especially with the fuel milage..... 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

you can't beat a cummins ..... my old 4x4 5 speed dully ..... sure has held up good..... she's got the older 12 valve 5.9 with the inline injector pump.... only had to replace the water pump, brake pads, and rear shocks (which were still in good shape) with 500,000 + miles ... i just desided about time for the clutch to be changed out, never had an issue with the transmition ....with the few repairs .... I've been very impressed !! especially with the fuel milage..... 

A lot of Komatsu and Case equipment used that same 5.9 Cummins in dozers and excavators 

• Like 1

Mine is a 2001 Ford supercrew 4x4 has 270000 on it and needs paint also which I am going to be checking on soon. replaced front end not long ago. still running good and interior is in good shape so I will keep driving it.

• Like 2

i always heard the 12 valve was hands down better then the 24 valve .....  my brother-in-law had a stock 24 valve ... and was always having fuel  / computer / ecu  issues  ..... I'm not sure what year model .... his was..... but he didnt keep it very long ... went a custom toyota special edition.... he's been happy every sence ... 

Is work for Peterbilt doing Cummins warrenty. The 6.7 is a great engine. Other than the aftertreatment nonsense on them now they are very trouble free. Most are in the 200-250hp range and will run forever. They are dogs from the factory especially with an automatic transmission, but with minimal work and new programming they can put out some good HP numbers. Dodge bastardizes the engine when they get it, they have a cummins built ECM with dodge programming installed so even with the factory Cummins Insite program, it is read only. I am not a dodge fan, but if I was in the market for a diesel pickup it would be a dodge just to get the Cummins. 

• Like 1

07 ram 1500. 5.7 hemi.  3.92 rear end. LSD. Tow package. I bought new in 07. 

I went past 200,000 miles a couple weeks ago. Took the camper to the park with it today. 

FD96FB83-C3BF-4EA8-8C2A-572B4CD68653.jpeg

BBF92173-68A2-4AE6-A41E-71446FA0428C.jpeg

• Like 5

I'm not in for for emission  controled diesels .... most of the new ones don't even sound like diesels.. they sound more like a gas engine with detonation .... issues .... and that's not the nature of a true diesel .... if i was going for a new truck... it would be a ford because they didn't go for the bail out. GM, and Chrysler did.......all the farmers around here who have the newer tractors can't stand all the BS push button mess, not to mention the newer toy diesel power plants. 

I wouldn't let  my decision on a purchase be influenced by if the company took a bail out or not , I want the best product for the best price ------  if you are buying a diesel  truck , Dodge is the only choice for me   ---  one case of 6 being greater than 8 

current and last pickup I had planned to buy as i head into retirement years is 2011 duramax 3500HD..bought it new in 2012.

have cussed it, and the GM dealer, many many times...good engine/drivetrain, but the ! censors and limp mode !!  

most all of that was solved under warranty early on, but it still left us stranded or limping home too many times..very frustrating...bout 130k on it now..pulls the work cargo trailer, the boat, the camper...love all that..but GM after about 2000..they suck...and I've told them so

my previous 2004 silverado 1500...232k on it when I traded it in...engine was tight not burning oil, no tapping, worked hard pulling everything...basically a trouble free rig...when my duramax goes into the dealer for bad issues these days, I always get a call from the sale dept telling me what a great deal they'll make me on a trade.. I tell them I'll never buy another GM..and this from a guy with multiple work vans, a cadi CTS, and a family history goiing back 4 generations of owning Buicks/Chevys/Pontiacs...

I honestly don't know if the other brands are any better...and my goal was to buy one last good new truck, pay it off, and be done...and I've done that..had the truck paid off early in fact on it's loan years back...so I'm stuck at this point.

anyway..there's my GM adverisement.. told em I would always tell folks what a piece of crap decision they made to go chinese on all their electronics.

• Like 2

Got an 07 6.0 powerstroke here... over 330k kms.....👍

• Like 1

Just bought my 5th Ford truck back in March. Should be my last and hope to have it paid off in 4 years when I retire. All had well over 200k miles and served me well.  Still have a 2015 F150 my wife drives and won’t let me drive it much so another reason to buy my own F150 😎.  These F150’s are awesome.  Also have a 2014 Ford Fusion with 2.5L 4cyl with 255,000 miles and runs as good as the day I drove it off the lot new. Believe it or not it’s First break job was at 194,000 miles. 

9B4C79A9-591A-4D22-9A7A-E6C7090B28DE.jpeg

• Like 4

current and last pickup I had planned to buy as i head into retirement years is 2011 duramax 3500HD..bought it new in 2012.

have cussed it, and the GM dealer, many many times...good engine/drivetrain, but the ! censors and limp mode !!  

most all of that was solved under warranty early on, but it still left us stranded or limping home too many times..very frustrating...bout 130k on it now..pulls the work cargo trailer, the boat, the camper...love all that..but GM after about 2000..they suck...and I've told them so

the feeling about the durmax .... is the same around here..... give me a computer free 12 valve mechincal injection 5.9 cummins any day of the week over those over those NAVSTAR engines ... i always liked GM ..... ford and dodge .... but the 1st diesel in a light duty was the 6.2 pre chamber .... which was junk .....  we have a 80 chevy one ton dump bed.... and my pop didnt know anything about the 6.2 .... and with 4:56 gears ... she ate 350 engines in a very short time.... so he had a 6.2 installed ..... it was new to me as well.... but he ended up loaning it out to a fuel distributer ..... because they needed a truck with a dump hoist... some how .... they ended up over heating the engine , and she blew a head gasket .... (my thinking is some idiot added cold water while it was over heated, and not idling) we never had any use for one after that... went back the 350 gas ... which actually had more power .... guys around here have gone to bringing back some older square body chevys ..older fords .. and sticking the 5.9 12 valve mechanical injection in, toombs dairy has a ford 4 door 4x4 that Williams toombs had a 5.9 put in ..... 4x4 5 speed ..... not sure what year .... but she's a beast. Williams takes this truck to the Kentucky  farm show each year .... never been left on the side of the road, and most of cattle (goose neck) haulers here have the old school cummins powered dodges. they won't nothing to do with that computerized injection, or emissions mess, so as i stated before if, i say IF .... i was in  the market for a new truck it would be a ford gas powered unit....or toyota.

• Like 1

Need more power???  Check this out... new 2021 F150 has a onboard Generator option that puts out 7.2kw.  All hookups right in the bed wall. Hook up a camper and get off the grid 😎

E5FA991D-2CE8-4677-A62E-4F9F8E5725E6.jpeg

• Like 1