Dredd

Bumper build/light bar install

Fabed up a rear bumper for my foreman, to protect my broken taillight 😷 new taillight on order, almost 2 months now from China so it may or may not show up one of these days. Installed new 12" LED light bar at the same time. Also painted front bumper and touched up front rack. Plastics were all removed to replace steering shaft bearing so made it easier. Only thing left to do is paint the rims black, will be a weekend project. If anyone wants the recepie for the bumper let me know. I take both PayPal and CC 😁  cheers 🍻

20200701_220603.jpg

20200701_161649.jpg

20200630_223041.jpg

20200630_210218.jpg

20200630_193846.jpg

20200701_220759.jpg

20200630_234426.jpg

Edited by Dredd
  • Like 3

Looks good! 

I made one last winter...

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

Nice job on that wheeler. I think pipe probably would look a little bit better, but I've never made anything out of pipe I've always used tubing. One of these days I'll get some pipe and give it a try. I was picking up a steer shaft bearing ($2.87) from a machine shop. They told me they dont sell full length steel, only odds and ends. So I got 3 4ft pieces of 1x1 11ga and 2 5' of 1.5" flat bar for $25. So I figured even if it looked terrible it's not a big loss lol. I'm a bit ! I used flat black on the rear bumper(i had a quart laying around) but used gloss black spray bomb on the front bumper and rack. Now I'm not sure which shade to paint the wheels. 1st world problems I guess

• Like 1

My next project, fingers crossed for tomorrow is a gas can holder. I have some flat bar & round stock to use...

funny u say that about pipe... all I know is pipe! As I’m a Pipefitter lol!

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheeler said:

My next project, fingers crossed for tomorrow is a gas can holder. I have some flat bar & round stock to use...

funny u say that about pipe... all I know is pipe! As I’m a Pipefitter lol!

Wheeler , I was at a store in Slidell , La.  called Sportsman Warehouse , they have stores all over the country ( our country , not sure about yours ) , was walking around and found the atv section , they had a gas can mounting bracket , never noticed the price ----they have a internet store , maybe look them up and get some ideas on your build 

a deck of old playing cards does a nice job of keeping the paint off the tires , let the air out the tire and they stick right in there  --- Rustoleum Self Ethicing primer is good stuff 

IMG_6145.JPG

IMG_6147.JPG

• Like 2

looks good, but, a tube matches the the racks ... so I'm more for a tube bumper ..... plus oem bumpers for Hondas are tube .... and,  I'm all for the oem look .... call me picky ... lol! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Is your bumper wider than the bike or is that just the picture

21 minutes ago, TBRider said:

Looks nice appearance wise ----  fish hooks waiting for a bite on my kind of riding thru tight trails with lots of trees , I think I  would have gone 6 inches or more narrower

• Like 1

I have one trail to go around a gate that my rubi barely squeezes through,  the king quad is narrower and fits fine, I think I'd peel bark for sure with anything wider...

@Fishfiles haha. That’s exactly how I bed lined my rims. A deck of cards. I’ve got ideas oh how I’ll make my gas can holder. Pretty simple really... just to make time to get it complete..

4 hours ago, TBRider said:

It's the same width as the rack with the foot peg tubes attached. If clearance is an issue I can cut the ends off easily enough thanks for the input. I'm going for a rip this weekend if I get caught up in a tree I'll chop it up and make a couple picture frames or something out of it 

🍻

20200701_220612.jpg

20200702_113910.jpg

Fish excellent idea with the playing cards. That's definately what I will be doing. 

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

a deck of old playing cards does a nice job of keeping the paint off the tires , let the air out the tire and they stick right in there  --- Rustoleum Self Ethicing primer is good stuff 

IMG_6145.JPG

IMG_6147.JPG

Edited by Dredd

With all the painters tape you didn't really need the cards......🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yall crack me up.  I paint the wheels black, and it gets on the tires.  The first time it's off in the mud, most of it, if not all of it, comes off the rubber. 

• Like 3

On 7/2/2020 at 4:50 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Yall crack me up.  I paint the wheels black, and it gets on the tires.  The first time it's off in the mud, most of it, if not all of it, comes off the rubber. 

Lol good point jeep. I have a hard enough time sticking paint to metal let alone rubber. 

20200704_193526.jpg

20200704_193533.jpg

• Like 4