Bighanded

ya'll have a safe n happy July 4th - celebrate our Independance!

just wishing everyone on our Team a safe , reflective, and celebrative Independance holiday.

taking the wife out on the boat for a cruise and dinner date this evening..but fireworks this weekend have been cancelled all around..so not likely to put the boat out there in the crowd n chaos after tonight...

time at home..kids/friends over...etc..it'll be good..maybe even start a honda or two. (grin)

• Like 3

Yesterday was Canada Day. No fireworks other than people blasting them off till 1am last nite haha. 

Wife & I are heading out this week end camping/quading/shooting again. Fingers crossed all goes well this time around. 

Hope y’all enjoy ur week end!!

• Like 3

We had fireworks here on the 30th and the 1st for the rock & roll festival,  they had them where everyone could stay in their cars at our local airport

Around here people shoot their guns up in the air like we're in some third world craphole country.  What the idiots don't worry about is where those slugs come down.  We've had a few leaks at work and recently the roofer went up to investigate.....bullet holes.

Be interesting to see if the idiots still do it with ammo prices being what they are.

• Like 4

They sell fireworks here.  We use to have big bangs at the house.  I got tired of cleaning up the mess and it really makes a mess.  So no more fireworks in yard. 

• Like 1

we have the exact same happening here, jeep, very few people celebrated last year because of the gun fire ...

Fireworks were banned in my city this year. Next city over it was ok as long as it was on your property...Some of the stuff I saw online was unreal... In the big picture there was a lot less this year overall.

our 4th celebration is being held tomorrow night, of course it kicks of with the President and our Governor at Mt Rushmore. I have no ambition what so ever to go.. I was there today for their medical preparations and with all the people and traffic you wouldn't guess there is a pandemic going on. I got out of Dodge as quickly as I could I'm just going to enjoy the 4th the best way I can. Going camping (not at a campsite thank you very much), take the ATV's out and maybe to to the range and chew up some extra ammo. That could be our fireworks.

Happy Independence Day 

People have been launching fireworks for weeks here and across northern Minnesota. My take is people are bored and this provides a little fun even though they are illegal here. Been way too hot and humid this week so gonna stay home and BBQ some steaks.

• Like 1

i am headed to heber springs before daylight saturday morning, had to buy another battery for my jet ski, oem was 5 years old ( almost ), got the jet ski all fueled up, test ran it, got the life jacket loaded, spare tire checked, made sure i have all i need for a day on the lake saturday. all i need to worry about now is if it's gonna storm saturday up there on heber springs , and i am not even sure they will be open ?. if not ?, i got to put some miles on my jet ski trailer !..lol. if anyone is gonna be at the south east boat ramp ?, look me up, i'll be in the dark chevy, and black waverunner, sporting a large grin ear to ear if it does not storm ?!..lol. gotta watch the weather channel, local news weather, see what it does ?. as long as it does not lightning and thunder ?, i do not care if it rains or not, heck..I'M ON THE WATER GETTING WET ANYWAY !..LOL.

• Like 1

Spoiler

south carolina boy..so fireworks are legal in the countryside...and lord..they were at it for the last 5 days..and yes, they were still shooting them off at 1am  Saturday night.

all formal fireworks events had been cancelled except for one small town lakeside...and the grandkids wanted so badly to go out on the boat to see fireworks...so we made it happen.   I have a yacht marina club membbership so that includes a private ramp which made it possible...some friends said the public ramp was so backed up that they gave up and couldn't  even get on the lake... I had gone over SAturday morning to the marina and launched and docked to hold our space..then we came back around 5:30 that evening to load up the food, and family...the marina has a nice outdoor deck at the clubhouse and they hosted a live 5pc band.. (Blake Shelton flavor music mostly), but they did suprise me with some Guns n Roses "sweet child o mine"...

the kids were anxious to get out on the water when they arrived around 6:30, so we took off to cruise and later found a quiet cove for some swimming to cool off....then food and snacks and an anchor among the dozens of other boaters to watch the fireworks...what was really great was the investment residents along the lake made...with the shutdown of formal shows, the people rose up and made it happen...there were some impressive displays from all around...it was a fun evening..folks cheering for the lakesiders, blowing horns, etc...as rockets launched from all points.

cruise back to dock, and back on the trailer by 11...again, no waiting at the ramp while others struggled to trailer...just pulled up..only one there...man was it worth the money.  things felt normal..and normal is what I've strived for this whole year with the family stressed over the shutdown..trying to ignore the TV fear mongers and just enjoy family and life that we have..and it's been good..if it ends tomorrow..ok...today was a good day....mind you, I don't want to sound braggadoshish..the "yacht club"  isn't even a proper name..it's very small and laid back..just good country folk...the "clubhouse" is more like what you'd find at an apartment complex...kitchen, sitting area, back deck big enough to squeeze a half dozen tables on and the band crowds in front of the coke/candy vending machines...about 80 covered slips that I can't afford..so we just have the basic membership that lets us use the place, but have to tie up at end of docks as space allows.

my boat is 1999 model..with a cheap upholstry redo last year and a rebuilt engine..but to a 7 year old grandkid..it's the world of excitement...so I'm grateful for what I've got....and thankful that my kids/grands want to enjoy the time with me....with all the nonsense on TV, it was good to see all those happy people out on the lake...some had Trump 2020 flags still on their boats from a parade a couple weeks back, etc...most had US flags, as did we, flying on the boat...felt good all around.

• Like 1

Even in Commiefornia people are telling the overlord wannabes to pound sand.  No fireworks on the 4th?  Ha. 

nice....yeah...there are some serious money folks that live on the lake here..and as we cruised during the day, we could see some major parties setting up...when it came time to light em up...they spent some serious money...made it a lot of fun to see from the boat...really didn't miss anything this year compared to years past in terms of family experience.