toodeep

Favorite tires

22 hours ago, SamUK said:

I found the big horns to be a very hard compound rubber. Don't seem to mould around the terrain bit sit on top and skip, hop & bounce, especially on loose, dry, gravel type terrain.

I did however find them very puncture resistant.

That being said.. Mega Mayhem's are very similar on dry, loose terrain. Rubber compound is to hard, they don't mould over the terrain at all. 

They also suffer badly from cuts to the leading edge of the lugs on hard, dry surfaces.

How do outlaws fair on hard, loose ground guys? Do they get cut lugs also?

Yep the lugs get rounded over pretty good. Outlaws are pretty soft and grippy. At least the originals. The OL2's are a lot stiffer. I did have a set for a short period but can't speak to the durability of them.

1 hour ago, riverc said:

Any of y'all ever run Wanda P341's?

No but they remind me a bit of the old Innova Mud Gears and have that dirt devil look to them.

1 hour ago, mrbb said:

I have titan 589's on mine now about 12 yrs LOL
 and they have been pretty bullet proof, to sharp rocks, stumps,coal piles, ash piles, mud , snow pavement gravel roads, you name it they petty much see it, 

I don;t deep mud ride, but have many times been in deep mud by accident , in swamps that seemed shallow or solid and then got deep fast

never not had tires not self clean to push me thru, but I have run out of ground clearance a few times and got stuck that way

several thousand miles on tires and still at about 50% tread, so cannot ask for more from a tire for me and the use I do with my atv!

The 589's are another legendary old school tire, recently brought back to life by a company called Legacy Distributing and even with new sizes. I think if I wanted something similar to a Mud Bug in a 30" tire I'd look at Legacy 589's.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:29 PM, shadetree said:

I run Mudlite AT's, 6-ply rating, I don't do mud ( least not 4 ft deep! ), I ride on gravel, sand, dirt, snow, just normal rides, I love them for my style of riding. I wont complain on who runs what, to each their own, I just know what works for me.

Your riding conditions are very similar to mine.  Have used Kenda Bear Claws and found them good for what I do.  The original Bear Claws were actually undersized to the advertised size.  The Bear Claw EVO's are as advertised height wise, not quite as wide as advertised though.  I like this tire.

Carlisle Trail Wolf tires were very good on my old 350 4Trax.

The OEM tires on the early 350's lasted for many years. They were 100% better than the OEM's to-day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Macarena Man said:

Your riding conditions are very similar to mine.  Have used Kenda Bear Claws and found them good for what I do.  The original Bear Claws were actually undersized to the advertised size.  The Bear Claw EVO's are as advertised height wise, not quite as wide as advertised though.  I like this tire.

Carlisle Trail Wolf tires were very good on my old 350 4Trax.

The OEM tires on the early 350's lasted for many years. They were 100% better than the OEM's to-day.

of deff, stock tires that come on atvs today are worthless !. they dont want them to last !.

• Like 2

I put some Maxxis Big Horns 2.0 on my 99 300. I am liking them so far. A lot better than the tires I had on my ride before

• Like 2

So are you saying the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0's aren't a good tire?  I'm asking in all seriousness, this last Can Am I picked up has the Maxxis 2.0's on it.  My brother  bought them for his '12 Rancher 420 about 5 years ago and he loves them.  Granted we don't do any mud riding but they seem to have plenty of traction on our rocky mountain trails.  After 5 years they still look great, he does tons of plowing and uses it for field work as well. Just curious,  I thought for a Radial tire they would be pretty smooth riding and grip well, I didn't get a chance to get out with this machine before Winter hit and the trails  closed, guess I'll find out next spring.

I had Maxxis Bighorn 2.0s on my Brute Force I used to own. Loved them for an all around tire. They were a great trail tire. 

I have maxxis bighorns on mine here with almost 5k on them and they look like new... decent tire in the summer but they suck in the snow.

Interesting, my brother has been using them for 5 years and he does a ton of plowing and has never mentioned one thing about them not performing well. He does 3 really long driveways And we had monster snow last year.  Almost all my riding is done in the summer anyway  Lol . I'm just glad I didn't  Have to buy them. They're pretty expensive. And for the plowing that I do I've just been using the stock Carlisle's that came on my other 570. I think if I was going to do a lot of plowing I would just buy a couple of sets a chains.😉

I have a set of Maxxis Zillas that have been awesome in snow, (even for plowing) sand, mud, hard pack and haven’t really found a situation I didn’t like them. 

On 1/30/2020 at 7:43 PM, 01RUBY500 said:

I have a set of Maxxis Zillas that have been awesome in snow, (even for plowing) sand, mud, hard pack and haven’t really found a situation I didn’t like them. 

I agree fully. Have them for 3 years and 2000 miles on them and they are great for everything. Have 27s on a 2015 Rubicon.

I've got a set of 25" CST Abuzz on the Rancher.  I pull a couple hundred lbs of kids in the snow, pull an atv harrow doing maintenance on mountain bike trails, chase cows through the pasture and cruise gravel roads and I've not been disappointed yet.  I do not do any serious mud bogging so I didn't buy a tire based on mud performance, but these do handle sloppy cattle corrals without any problem.

Also have a set of stock Carlisle ACT's on a polaris ranger crew.  that just sees mostly soft prairie riding towing 6-700lbs of trail maintenance gear and they do well too.

Drag_Slick....They seem to be a good tire.Did some reading up on them a while back.

I have all stock tires on mine as I just bought them but I just ordered a set of Kenda Bearclaw XL's in 25-10-12 for my TRX 350 A with ITP steel wheels since I could not find tires I liked in the stock 11 inch rim size. Thinking about Kenda Executioners for my 350D Foreman since they seem to match closely to the stock tractor tread style tires. Any recommendations for my TRX 300FW 4x4 and the Foreman would be appreciated!

I have found what works good in one soil condition in one section of the country , doesn't always work as well in a different soil condition some where else , best to talk with someone from your area that rides the same conditions  --- I ride in clay , slit , sand and some humous and all are wet , I need a tire that clears out and not clog up and I am a bit of a mudder , so I like Outlaws the best ---  a close to stock tire that works well around here is the ITP  Mudlite or Swamplites , both are available in the XL  versions which are same tires with  bigger cleats 

The Bearclaws and Excutioners are goods tires.You could take a look at some Mudbugs and  Zillas both good tires.

8 minutes ago, riverc said:

The Bearclaws and Excutioners are goods tires.You could take a look at some Mudbugs and  Zillas both good tires.

I think Zillas are a much better tire than mud lites. Just as durable or more so and weigh alot less stealing less power.

17 minutes ago, riverc said:

Thanks for the advice riverc. I will check them out!

1 hour ago, bladams85 said:

I have all stock tires on mine as I just bought them but I just ordered a set of Kenda Bearclaw XL's in 25-10-12 for my TRX 350 A with ITP steel wheels since I could not find tires I liked in the stock 11 inch rim size. Thinking about Kenda Executioners for my 350D Foreman since they seem to match closely to the stock tractor tread style tires. Any recommendations for my TRX 300FW 4x4 and the Foreman would be appreciated!

i run the ITP mudlite AT's on my '89 trx350D foreman, love them, stock size too !.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

i run the ITP mudlite AT's on my '89 trx350D foreman, love them, stock size too !.

I took a serious look at those but I liked the trend pattern on the Bearclaws better I might have to get a set for the 87 foreman though. I'm worried the executioners are gonna be too aggressive for that bike. The Forman is my pulling machine so it doesn't need to be fast just needs to bite hard lol.

Bearclaws bite and wear good but do run on the short side in the originals.  

I usually stay clear of. The tire, and oil threads....I'm with shade ITP mudlites. that's all people use around here. 

image.jpg

On 11/29/2019 at 8:15 PM, Mac102004 said:

sets

Tyerguiders maxx plus, 6 ply, bias, awsome deeeep tread, dig you out in a hurry, snow, mud, dirt, sand!