toodeep

Favorite tires

For me the rice and canes would only be good on the hard pack. Bottomless stuff mostly around here when it comes to the mud.

• Like 2

Those things ride HORRIBLY. 

The first ATV I rode was an old mid 90's Bayou 300.  The ag experiment station I worked for in High School bought it to spray small plots of cotton.  We put rice and canes on it to pick it up a little to clear the cotton better. 

If there is a bottom they will find it, but I HATED them.  No cushion at all with those things.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

Anyone ran or running KENDA EXECUTIONER tires?

Just bought a set for my 86 Fourtrax 350. Haven't ridden them yet cause I'm still restoring it but they look bad !! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

@bladams85 any pics mounted up? Are they pretty true in size?

They do run pretty true to size. Mine are 25-10-12. I don't have any good pics yet you can see one in the lower right of this pic though. I will take some better ones for you tomorrow.

IMG_20200327_124648435.jpg

2 minutes ago, bladams85 said:

They do run pretty true to size. Mine are 25-10-12. I don't have any good pics yet you can see one in the lower right of this pic though. I will take some better ones for you tomorrow.

IMG_20200327_124648435.jpg

i normally leave tire threads alone ?, but i must warn you !!, those tires, if the lugs are very large ?, your running the risk of destroying your rear end !. why : the rear axle splines on this model are very small !!, they can not handle large, aggressive tires with large lugs ?, it will strip out the splines on the axle or ring gear gear fast !. finding axles and ring gear, pinion gears for these old girls is getting very hard to do today ?..YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i normally leave tire threads alone ?, but i must warn you !!, those tires, if the lugs are very large ?, your running the risk of destroying your rear end !. why : the rear axle splines on this model are very small !!, they can not handle large, aggressive tires with large lugs ?, it will strip out the splines on the axle or ring gear gear fast !. finding axles and ring gear, pinion gears for these old girls is getting very hard to do today ?..YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !.

Shade....That's why I am keeping stock size on mine.After much research only benefit I see with going bigger,aggressive tires is LOOKS.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, riverc said:

Shade....That's why I am keeping stock size on mine.After much research only benefit I see with going bigger,aggressive tires is LOOKS.

no doubt bro !. it know folks want the '' cool '' look ?, large lugs and all ?, what they dont think about is the final outcome of what they do to the drive line ?. like i said, i leave tires threads alone, but in this case, these old girls do not like large, aggressive tires, then they strip out parts, and parts for these models are getting very hard to come by these days !.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chevymec said:

I have some 27" Executioners on my 09 Foreman.

They wear like iron (mine show ZERO wear after about 1K miles).  They tend to dig in soupy stuff rather than paddle, they ride rough, and they are HEAVY which robs a ton of power.

They are not a bad tire, but I like my Mudbugs MUCH, MUCH better. 

They're about the same price, ride smoother, are lighter, and pull a little better in the mud.  The only thing that I think the executioners do better is they'll last longer.

• Like 1

I have a foreman 400 with 26 zillas. Love them. Have a rancher 350 with 25 bighorns. Love them. I feel like the bighorns will last longer. I really do like the zillas though. A lot!

On 4/5/2020 at 11:33 AM, Chevymec said:

Yes I am 25-10-12's on all 4 corners of the 1986 TRX 350A. Love them!

IMG_20200501_105611415_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200430_165807480_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone out there with experience with tires on a TRX 300FW 4x4? I'm really afraid of over tireing it and not being able to get the power out of her. My cousin put blackwater's on his and it could not turn them well. Any thoughts?

21 minutes ago, bladams85 said:

Anyone out there with experience with tires on a TRX 300FW 4x4? I'm really afraid of over tireing it and not being able to get the power out of her. My cousin put blackwater's on his and it could not turn them well. Any thoughts?

27's are pushing it , 26s is about the right tire ---but with that being said ,  not all the tires measure up the same  , some weigh more , some ride taller , some not as wide , 

I put 26" Mudlite XL's on the kid's 300, and honestly I feel like it could use a small GR.  I've run 26" Mudweisers on one without issue, so light 26's or a GR for anything bigger or heavier for me.

17 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I put 26" Mudlite XL's on the kid's 300, and honestly I feel like it could use a small GR.  I've run 26" Mudweisers on one without issue, so light 26's or a GR for anything bigger or heavier for me.

Not to sound like a noob but what does GR stand for? Lol

Gear reduction.  Your 350 is geared very low from the factory.  Some of the newer machines need gears swapped in to be able to effectively turn bigger tires.

For example, my 09 Foreman came from the factory with 25" tires.  If I want to run 28's on there, that's about a 12% increase in size.  To get me back to stock final gearing I'd need to install a GR in the motor
(in the case of that era foremans, a 15.5% reduction is available).

On a truck or Jeep, you swap the gears in the differentials if you want to run bigger tires.  On ATV's, you swap either the clutch gears or the secondary gears in the engine to change up the gearing.

18 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Gear reduction.  Your 350 is geared very low from the factory.  Some of the newer machines need gears swapped in to be able to effectively turn bigger tires.

For example, my 09 Foreman came from the factory with 25" tires.  If I want to run 28's on there, that's about a 12% increase in size.  To get me back to stock final gearing I'd need to install a GR in the motor
(in the case of that era foremans, a 15.5% reduction is available).

On a truck or Jeep, you swap the gears in the differentials if you want to run bigger tires.  On ATV's, you swap either the clutch gears or the secondary gears in the engine to change up the gearing.

Gotcha! Thanks! I definitely don't want to change the gears.

• Like 1

No need to unless you go up several tire sizes.  Those old 350's are geared so low they could probably turn 28's with no GR if you could fit them on the bike.

22 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

No need to unless you go up several tire sizes.  Those old 350's are geared so low they could probably turn 28's with no GR if you could fit them on the bike.

Very true.  I went from stock short 24's to a true 25" on my 350.  Didn't hardly notice a thing.  if anything it made 1st gear a little more usable. 😄

• Like 1