toodeep

Favorite tires

Yep, I like 26's on a stock 05-11 Foreman.  The stock 25's almost gear it a little too low.

I run Mudbugs round these parts. On my second set on my foreman. Had over 6000km on the first set and gave them to a friend who needed them. They were 25s. Got 26 10s and 12s now and love em. Good at everything and have never left me stranded. 

20200405_175237.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 9:20 PM, Dredd said:

I run Mudbugs round these parts. On my second set on my foreman. Had over 6000km on the first set and gave them to a friend who needed them. They were 25s. Got 26 10s and 12s now and love em. Good at everything and have never left me stranded. 

20200405_175237.jpg

I bought the Executioners first.  Then Mac and Toodeep kept talking about Mudbugs so I put a set of 27's on my other Foreman.   Loved them.  Ended up putting 26's on the wife's rancher, and 28's on another Foreman.  Two of my buddies have bought Mudbugs too after trying mine out.

• Like 1

I had Artrax tires on an ‘03 Rincon. First set were 25 and the second set are 26. Great all around tire for the farm and mud. They did well in thick mud that was up around mid tire height. Decent in snow if it wasn’t up to the top of the fenders. Biggest problem was the snow packing up under the frame, usually along the roadside getting into fields where the plows threw it and it would get packed in. 

C7EA37C8-B733-4AE7-9116-D96C645C5AB3.jpeg

• Like 4

I also had the Artrax tires on  one of my previous machines  They were good all around tires that wore very well.  The only minus was they threw rocks forward from the front and backwards from the rear.  

yamaha.jpg

Edited by Scotticus
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 1:58 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

I usually stay clear of. The tire, and oil threads....I'm with shade ITP mudlites. that's all people use around here. 

image.jpg

when I bought my wife her Yamaha Timberwolf 250 4x4, I put a new set of Mudlites on. I had my old Honda 300 With spool locker & Executioners. She followed me (& my buddies) where ever I went, but kept a lot cleaner! Lol those r good tires!!

• Like 2

Someone probably already mentioned to say they don't like em but...

My favorite tires right now are flea-bay specials.

WANDA brand from Libra Trailer Parts but I found them on eBay 

They are the quintessential cheap tire but if you know what you are in for, I find them to last long and be durable enough to run at usually half price. 

I am on my 2nd set of backs and had no complaints out of the first.

oh400ex

15 hours ago, butaford said:

Favorite tires with 1" lug or less? Want to ride trails in national forest and can't be over 1" lugs.

I think for that type of riding/ rules the Bear Claw is supposed to be a good tire.  @toodeep weren't you suggesting those to someone a while back?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I think for that type of riding/ rules the Bear Claw is supposed to be a good tire.  @toodeep weren't you suggesting those to someone a while back?

The original BearClaws are a really good, smooth riding, long lasting tire that will get traction in about every terrain you will come across.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For our country I really like my Maxxis Zilla's. I have 27's on a 2015 Rubicon. Fantastic in mud and snow. Have rode them in all types of terrain and can't imagine having anything else.

• Like 1

I understand this is an old thread but wouldn't mind throwing in...

I really liked the original Bighorns I had on my 2006 Sportsman.  In 12 years, they wore very little and I used them in just about all forms of riding.  Never really a lot of true deep mudding or deep snow, but they were the perfect tire for all around use.  They were heavy though.  

I put a set of Bear Claws on my old 1995 Bayou 220.  For the price and weight, they are really impressive.  I can't believe what that little machine did with those on the rear.   

The 1998 300FW I just bought came with a set of Wanda Bighorn knock-offs.  They are about 50% worn.  My local tire shop carries the wandas and bear claws.  I have no interest in changing tires size.  For just hauling some firewood, the boy driving it around and some joy riding, I won't need anything crazy.  I would run stock size Bighorns if I found a set cheap enough.