Awrenchturner

Hi Everyone

Hi,

I am fairly new to the quad world. This spring I got a 2001 Honda Trx350fm! I began the “once over” suggested by the previous owner and have not stopped since. The body was a bit rough and the engine sounded ok with 13000 Km/8077 mi on the odometer. The rear rack is welded to the frame on this bike and the tires were three different sizes. Since then, I bought a parts quad with a “blown motor” and a half decent body/tires for the year. I put the motor from the first quad into the second. I noticed a bit of smoke which was not much at all and rebuilt the top end. However, on the break in process and the changing of oils I managed to over torque the oil drain bolt. I will be starting a thread on this matter as I am looking for solutions that don’t require me tearing down and replacing the case. I started the same thread regarding the issue on another site and received some good expert advice to tear down and replace the case. Which I am grateful for, but I am looking for more solutions. Anyway, thanks for reading and I will be posting pictures of my rigs as soon as today. Later.

• Like 3

Welcome, you're in the right place...lol how did you get that name 😄 (no offense)

Glad you found this site, we have the best of the best here with no doubts in my mind....talked me thru an engine build and I am a novice....

• Like 1

Thanks everyone,

Awrenchturner was just a last minute name I thought of when signing up for the forums. I just thought that I needed a name that would describe me a little. Thanks for asking though Derf.

Welcome aboard! Some have had success with drill and heli-coil on the oil drain plugs. I would suggest if your going this route which IMO is alittle sketchy. I would make sure i dip the bit in thick grease as to try and keep as many shavings out of the inside of the motor as possible. I would then flush the bottom end with diesel fuel many times before putting oil back in and starting it. Alot of great people here. Who are always willing to help.