David13

Lift Points - 2019 Rancher 420

On 7/23/2020 at 12:10 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

for buffing out your plastic, and kolpin boxeS..... you might give novus plastic retore a go, @Goober has real results ... so credit for this post goes to him.

check his pics out here.

Thanks

The Meguiars has made the black plastic and Kolpin boxes look like new.  It says not for surfaces if you don't want them shiny.  But it turns out no more shiny that original. 

The kolpin boxes has gotten a white and chaulky look to them, like they were fast drying out in the sun, at best a gray, not original black.  The Meguiars has made them new/black again.

As to buffing out the scratches on the painted parts, they are too deep.  I will just replace the front side and back fender panels. 

dc

• Like 1

I got the front end up.  The right tire has a small wobble, I don't have a gauge to put on it, but about 1/16 of an inch, the deepest spot where a stone mark is on the rim, where it obviously in some way hit a rock, or fell on a rock or crunched against a rock.

Now just to determine if it's in the rim, or the sub assembly carrier.

dc

I rode 150 miles round trip on the motorcycle to Harbor Freight (closest one) and got their 20% off run out gauge. 

It looks like I just have a bent rim. 

So I ordered it along with the right front fender and the luggage rack for the front. 

I'll get the back one (fender, one piece) and maybe back rack later.

Amazing to me the machine rolls over on it's side and no apparent motor damage. 

I did change the oil, which was due.  Everything seems normal and in place.

Any ideas about what might have been damaged or what to check?

Thanks

dc

You'd be suprised what these things can take.

My sister and one of her idiot "friends" hit a tree on my 09 Foreman going about 35.  Bent the frame, busted front plastics, bent the right front wheel, tie rod, front bumper, and broke off the front diff mounting bracket at the very front.

Swapped everything to a straight frame, new front bumper, rack, fender, tie rod, and wheel and it's been fine since. 

Rolling one over the only thing I'd be worried about on the engine is oil level, and make sure oil didn't dump through the crankcase vent and soak your air filter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

You'd be suprised what these things can take.

My sister and one of her idiot "friends" hit a tree on my 09 Foreman going about 35.  Bent the frame, busted front plastics, bent the right front wheel, tie rod, front bumper, and broke off the front diff mounting bracket at the very front.

Swapped everything to a straight frame, new front bumper, rack, fender, tie rod, and wheel and it's been fine since. 

Rolling one over the only thing I'd be worried about on the engine is oil level, and make sure oil didn't dump through the crankcase vent and soak your air filter.

reagardless...no atv made today can take the abuse old atvs like my '89 trx350D can take !..lol. machines made today are made cheaper from cheaper plastics, racks are thinner, wiring is thinner, just all around made cheaper with a jacked up price tag !..lol. even the motors do not last as long as they did when they were built 30 yrs ago, too prove my point..my '89 trx350D has been rebuilt by me over 10 years ago, still runs like it did the day i rebuilt it, and prob better than the day it did when it rolled off the assembly line ?..lol. todays products just suck in workmanship !.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shadetree said:

reagardless...no atv made today can take the abuse old atvs like my '89 trx350D can take !..lol. machines made today are made cheaper from cheaper plastics, racks are thinner, wiring is thinner, just all around made cheaper with a jacked up price tag !..lol. even the motors do not last as long as they did when they were built 30 yrs ago, too prove my point..my '89 trx350D has been rebuilt by me over 10 years ago, still runs like it did the day i rebuilt it, and prob better than the day it did when it rolled off the assembly line ?..lol. todays products just suck in workmanship !.

Welll, the thing is, when adjusted for inflation, a 1988 Honda 300 would cost about $7500 in today's dollars (thanks to our garbage government debasing our currency).

So a 350 would have been even more.  They are absolutely not made as well, but they're quite a bit cheaper now than they used to be when you figure in inflation.