machinecrook

Looking for a New Honda

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about getting myself a new ATV with tracks for winter time.  I've got a 1975 snowmobile that goes great when its very cold and the trails are packed. However when there's a snow storm and I need to stop/go, this thing acts more like a submarine. Last winter was enough to almost make me burn it on the side of the trail.

My father bought a used Yamaha 660 Grizz with tracks and I gotta say it gave me the fizz. I'm not ready to jump ships though and go to Yamaha. I'd rather stay with Honda. My goal is to work with this machine, no trail riding. Mainly hauling wood up steep hills so I need something that can take a beating and yet provide enough power to have winter tracks on. I'd have a sleigh in the back for the winter months. 

I'm a complete noob to the newer models and was wondering if anyone has any insight on the new Honda Foremans or Honda Rubicons? I need a work horse.

Almost forgot to mention, I'm 100% keeping my 300 as well. I'd hate myself if I sold it.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I'd still use wheels in the summer time but I'd use my tracks in the winter. Basically trying to swap my firewood cutting time to be done in the winter as I'd have more time then.

Just not sure which is a better work horse, Rubicon or Foreman... I'll be going to the dealer on Friday to see whats up.

@toodeep How much $$ did the tracks put you back for? They are around 4k cnd here.

• Like 1