Levi

2007 Honda foreman 500es

I have an 07 500 foreman es that will not start with the push button or shift although you can still pull start it. When you hit the starter button it clicks and the 4wd light blinks 3 times, any info on where to start would be great! Thanks in advance

I would test the battery and if no good replace it and go from there.

10 minutes ago, Levi said:

I checked the battery and it’s showing between 12 and 12.7 volts

That is not the way to test a battery.  Load testing it is the proper way.  It can show 12  bolts and as soon as you hit the start button go to 1  , 3  or zero volts.  The load capacity is what you need to check.  

3 blinks indicates a problem with the rear speed sensor on the front diff.  4 blinks would be low voltage (so verify that it's blinking 3 times)

Fish is right on load testing the battery.  I've had two recently that read 12V at rest but would not start a wheeler.

A solenoid that clicks could be going bad, or you might have a bad battery, or a bad starter.

Turn your key on, and jump the terminals on the solenoid with an old screwdriver.  If the starter turns over, your solenoid is bad.  If the starter doesn't turn over, your battery or starter is bad.

If your starter didn't turn over, hook some jumper cables to the battery and repeat.  If starter now turns over your battery is bad.  If it doesn't your brushes in your starter are probably bad.

Report back and let us know what you find. 

• Like 1