Akunin

Dumb, idiotic things you've witnessed while out riding

after this last weekend I've just about had it with some really stupid behavior I've seen more and more on the trails. What have you seen?

• Like 2

only stupid thing i have seen is a few guy's on atvs..trying to cross lakes...AND FORGETTING TO START THE OUTBOARD MOTOR ON THE REAR RACK !!..ROFL.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

had a friend .... had an ice chest on the back rack.... as was determined to go up a steep grade, when we had warned him, it was too steep unless he leaned forward, and hit it with more speed (which he didnt) needless to say.... half way up, the bike (300 fwd) stood up, and flipped one time end over end.... and he was still on the seat, when it settled on all fours.... right hand on the throttle, and the other .... you guessed it, a beer, which was still full..... lol! we didn't let him ride with us much after that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

sent you a PM @Akunin just letting you know in case it doesn't go through.... there's been some issues with private messaging latelty.

Nope, got it. Post away!!

• Thanks 1

I let my neighbor ride one of my 500's one day.  Has 27" Executioners on it.  He tried to do a slide/fishtail when he came to a stop.  Executioners don't fishtail on gravel.  He rolled it all the way over, broke my winch controller, dumped the cooler out all over the ground.

He doesn't ride my stuff anymore.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

I let my neighbor ride one of my 500's one day.  Has 27" Executioners on it.  He tried to do a slide/fishtail when he came to a stop.  Executioners don't fishtail on gravel.  He rolled it all the way over, broke my winch controller, dumped the cooler out all over the ground.

He doesn't ride my stuff anymore.

friends don't let other friends drive their toys...NOT UNTIL YOU SEE THEIR BANK ACCOUNT INFO !!..ROFL.

• Like 5

i got one.... and this ones all me... back when i sold that 85 250 a (stupid mistake one) i then purchased that 86 trx 350, and thought it was almost bullet proof against getting stuck ... i was younger then, but ontop on the world, because out all my riding friends i had a 350... they all had almost brand new 300 4wd's and would get stuck before i would. ..... anyways..... the story goes.... one extra dry year, kieth, and myself went riding on our farm... looking for a missing cow that was springing (expecting a calf) we located her and new born calf.... and ..  i stopped, and told him, i know where's there's a pond at, and i bet it's dried enough, for some good testing / mudding. on my (new to me) honda ... ... we'll when we got to the pond it sure enough looked dried up (cracked on top)  nope! ....(stupid mistake 2)  i took a good 25 mph leap, and landed dead center still moving forward . and then she sank enough... to get stuck, i bit the bullet and started hand digging in rotten egg smelling mud to get her out... told Keith if i had a good long rope, i could wrap the rear tire, and maybe winch it out, but instead of going to our shop for a rope, or shovel, he had the smart idea to pull in too close and tie on, with a shorter  rope,  to help pull it out, so both of us spent time... hand digging both quads out.. after that... we had a good laugh, and decided, not till we had a super duper dry season,  we were not chancing that again, i don't recall what age i was ... I'd say between 16-18... last few times I've been to that pond, it's only to frog gig... lol! ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my only stupid move was on my 42nd birthday..with a few can's of liquid courage, and freshly rebuilt trx250 fourtrax, new tires, thought i would do one of those drifting around a gravel road down at my cabin, needless to say, they don't slide very well with brand new tires on the back !..i rolled over about 2-3 times, picked myself up off the ground, had some road rash..not too bad..i looked over at my atv, it was upside down resting on the bar grips....STILL RUNNING MIND YOU !, i limped over to it, flipped it back over while it was running, took off on my merry way..when then they say drunk drivers always survive some of the worst crashes ?..THEY AIN'T B.S.'ING !..LOL. from this point on ?, i do not ride stupid !.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

My friend bought a Polaris Sportsman. Dumbest thing I ever saw anyone do.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dredd said:

My friend bought a Polaris Sportsman. Dumbest thing I ever saw anyone do.  

I can relate to that , My friend gave me a Polaris 500 Sportsman for free , that was stupid on my part to accept it 

• Haha 2

Now that I think about it , I just witnessed something idiotic , my buddy's son just paid $22K for a Can-Am Maverick 170HP  two seater and is putting another $5K of extras into it right off the bat ----if you were to look up idiotic in the latest edition of the Funk and Wagner dictionary , you can see a pic of his Maverick , LOL 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Now that I think about it , I just witnessed something idiotic , my buddy's son just paid $22K for a Can-Am Maverick 170HP  two seater and is putting another $5K of extras into it right off the bat ----if you were to look up idiotic in the latest edition of the Funk and Wagner dictionary , you can see a pic of his Maverick , LOL 

What kills me is when these same people have it listed for sale 6 months later with "its not what I was expecting" in the ad

• Like 3

I want....  then when you got it   , it ain’t what you thought.     the grass does always look greener on the other side the fence.  Till you jump that fence. You get ya balls caught on the barn wire.  Face full of cow paddy.  Bad taste in your mouth.  Worst part is The price you pay after jumping back over the fence.  At least it is that way  with woman.  Other things too.  

@Fishfiles

The grass is ALAWYS greener on the other side! Because it’s fertilized with BULL$HIT!!!!

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I want....  then when you got it   , it ain’t what you thought.     the grass does always look greener on the other side the fence.  Till you jump that fence. You get ya balls caught on the barn wire.  Face full of cow paddy.  Bad taste in your mouth.  Worst part is The price you pay after jumping back over the fence.  At least it is that way  with woman.  Other things too.  

hence forth you will be known as

Sunshine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wheeler said:

@Fishfiles

The grass is ALAWYS greener on the other side! Because it’s fertilized with BULL$HIT!!!!

Sounds like you have played that game 

• Haha 2

Those are the kind of guys who blow themselves up and then sue the gas can manufacturer out of business.  Then we end up paying $30 for a government ruined gas can.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i just don't some people ..... 

i better not ever see this guy join here !.

• Like 4

Yes those r true idiots. I cringed watching them destroy the trike & TRX. Morons 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

i better not ever see this guy join here !.

you got that right!! both those idiots should whooped black, and blue,  for treating a honda like that!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Those are the kind of guys who blow themselves up and then sue the gas can manufacturer out of business.  Then we end up paying $30 for a government ruined gas can.

exactly!! that reminds me of that idiot (Stella Liebeck) who sued McDonalds over a hot cup of coffee....  hm, i thouht coffee was ment to be hot ?? lol